Nashville beer scene

Discussion in 'US - South' started by MJKramer, Feb 10, 2021.

1. pointyskull

pointyskull Initiate (151) Mar 17, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

Any recommended bottle shops in Nashville? Will be there for a few days first week of November.

imtroy703 likes this.
  2. tmm786

tmm786 Initiate (73) Jan 13, 2019 Tennessee
    Trader

Craft Brewed is usually my go-to. They have a wide variety of locals and you can get singles of anything in the store if you want.

3. Sabzi

Sabzi Initiate (36) Mar 15, 2018 Texas

How did the slumber party stouts turning out? Looking to pick some up on secondary

imtroy703 likes this.
  4. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Initiate (181) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Trader

Opened vanilla+coconut over the weekend. It was crazy good; didn't get any coconut, though.

imtroy703 and Sabzi like this.
  5. pointyskull

pointyskull Initiate (151) Mar 17, 2010 Illinois
    Trader

If there are any recommendations for any BA bottles/cans available that I should be keeping my eyes open for when I'm there the first week of Nov I would appreciate the guidance.

imtroy703 likes this.
  6. tmm786

tmm786 Initiate (73) Jan 13, 2019 Tennessee
    Trader

keep an eye out on Bearded Iris and Southern Grist social media. They are releasing new stuff weekly, sometime BA varieties.

other breweries mentioned in this thread release just as regularly, but if fresh BA is what you are wanting keep an eye on these two.

7. TargaFlorio

TargaFlorio Crusader (748) Jul 3, 2012 Indiana

Looking forward to making my first trip to Nashville next week. Appreciate all the suggestions in this thread, definitely planning on hitting a few spots (Southern Grist, Craft Brewed and maybe Smith & Lentz). Anyone have a favorite spot near the Ryman for a cocktail or whiskey pour? Disregard if a non-beer question is too frowned upon.

imtroy703 likes this.
  8. Tilley4

Tilley4 Poo-Bah (2,359) Nov 13, 2007 Tennessee
    Society Trader

I will mention that if you like wild ales and sour beers, Barrique is worth a look....their stuff is a bit too sour for me but if it's your thing....

imtroy703 and TargaFlorio like this.
  9. mayorQuimby

mayorQuimby Initiate (181) Jun 5, 2009 Tennessee
    Trader

Depends on how *close you want to be. Within a ~15-min walk or very short Uber, a few thoughts: Gertie's Bar in the Gulch, Mother's Ruin in Germantown, Bar Sovereign just south of Convention center area downtown. Really good whiskey list at Bourbon Steak downtown, if you want to break the bank.

I routinely visit Craft Brewed but I personally would recommend prioritizing hitting any of Southern Grist, Smith & Lentz, Bearded Iris, Barrique, Living Waters, etc., unless there is something you're specifically seeking on their taplist at the time.

imtroy703 and TargaFlorio like this.
  10. TargaFlorio

Thanks for the tips, I remember you from your days in Indy (think we may have even met once at Deviate). I mentioned Craft Brewed just for shopping purposes. Heard you can get singles there and I would like to bring some Nashville beer home from places I may be unable to visit. Appreciate the help.

imtroy703 likes this.
  11. imtroy703

imtroy703 Devotee (412) Nov 13, 2009 Tennessee
    Society Trader

Big Machine Brewery and Distillery. They offer small tastes that I've seen people take (way to much) advantage of. I believe Honky Tonk Brewery is their sub-contractor for their house beers.

TargaFlorio and pointyskull like this.
  12. TargaFlorio

Thanks, I walked by Big Machine yesterday morning as I was out exploring. Stuck mostly to beer while I was in Nashville. Visited Southern Grist after dinner at The Pharmacy one night. Enjoyed a coffee and then "Mille" imperial milk stout with coffee at Living Waters this morning before heading home. That's a nice late morning/afternoon spot when the weather's nice and the garage door is open. Grabbed some local singles from Craft Brewed that I'm anxious to try soon. And, yes, I did have a Homestyle one night with dinner. That seems to be the official beer of Nashville, its everywhere.

tmm786 and imtroy703 like this.