Nashville visit in late February

Discussion in 'South' started by Wiscobrew, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wiscobrew

Wiscobrew Initiate (0) Feb 19, 2011 Nevada

Looks like I will be in Nashville for a week at the end of February. What is the best place with a combo of craft beer and live music. Bluegrass/Country/Jamband preferred. Doesn't need to be the best of either, just the best combo.

Also interested in any public bottle shares or an IP trade opportunitites. Have Bruery RS, FW, and Deschutes.

Ryan

2. Volntitan

Volntitan Initiate (0) May 18, 2008 Tennessee

Boy...that's a tough one. Not sure of a music venue that has good tap list.

As far as trades, Yazoo is doing an extremely limited (600) brewery only release of thier first bottled Sour this weekend. That is what you want to trade for.

3. Dracarys

Dracarys Initiate (0) May 28, 2013 Alabama

I doubt you're going to find a country music venue that carries anything other than BMC and Yazoo regulars. Flying Saucer has a lot of beer, but when I've gone the bands sucked and the service wasn't great.

4. TravisSaps

TravisSaps Initiate (110) Feb 3, 2007 Tennessee

I may be wrong and getting my places confused, but I think The Station Inn - a great bluegrass venue - serves Yazoo bottles. If you want to be sure, you could probably call and ask.

5. jbrana

jbrana Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2012 Tennessee

Like TravisSaps mentioned, The Station Inn is a pretty good choice for country / bluegrass music and every now and then they have famous secrets guests. I'm also pretty sure they have Yazoo, and if nothing else there is a craft beer bar across the street called Hops & Crafts.

I would also recommend a place called The Stone Fox. It's a quirky restaurant / bar by day and a music venue by night. They have a pretty good selection of mostly local craft beers on tap, good food, and tend to have a wide variety of music. I know they have country every Sunday, otherwise it could be anything from rock / indie / Americana / bluegrass / etc. Their music calendar is on their website (http://www.thestonefoxnashville.com); let me know if you'd like any show recommendations.

Most of the venues with pop / commercial country are going to be on Broadway which is downtown. Those bars are largely touristy and serve yellow fizz.

Lastly, I'm always up for an IP trade. If you'd like to set something up, shoot me a PM with your list / cellar.

beerfoodlodging likes this.
  6. Chadical

Chadical Initiate (100) Jan 20, 2014 Tennessee

I really wish Nashville had more to offer in terms of a great craft beer selection and music but unfortunately nothing comes to mind. As previously mentioned, The Station Inn is as good as it gets. Hope you have a blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.