NBO : SLOPPY SECONDS HINTS/HAULS

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by FFFjunkie, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Harrison8

Harrison8 Poo-Bah (3,357) Dec 6, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Very interesting. That's a great reference point. Perhaps its a place I visit early, knock out and then drink elsewhere.

Are releases like King Julius typically secret or pre-announced? I'd love to be out there on a release day like that, but I would say the odds of randomly selecting that weekend to be out there are slim.

vabeerguy, FFFjunkie, FlintB and 11 others like this.
  2. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (311) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

No one of there ever so popular silent releases another shenanigan that makes me dislike them, even after the silent release those cans never post to the "on tap" page for someone who has to make an 1 1/2 hr trip both ways absolutely despise not knowing what is available

vabeerguy, FFFjunkie, FlintB and 10 others like this.
  3. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,716) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

The last two releases lasted about 5-7 days at the brewery. They were 2 cans per then dropped to 1 can per though.

I like going on Tuesday afternoon. They have pours and its pretty chill. Get leftovers from week before and whatever they can on Tuesday. The VG and KJ visit a month ago was a tuesday. Also released Candy Shop, new stout bottle, on that day. Line got long for a bit, but tame overall.

Great area to sit around outside and enjoy a few beers. But no fun at all on Saturday typically. Gets too busy.

vabeerguy, FFFjunkie, FlintB and 12 others like this.
  4. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (1,792) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

I was out there a few weeks back.

I’m going to be that guy who complains about the length of the line for pours. I was approaching hitting rush hour traffic on my way back to Boston and it was seeming like a 30 minute wait for pours. I got in line and then a minute later walked out without my pour. Think about that. I made it Tree House and didn’t even stay for a beer cause of the wait. Even if I wasn’t approaching rush hour I would’ve probably still left after having already done enough waiting for cans.

I don’t wait in line for beer (not by choice I simply don’t have time) so perhaps I simply was not used to it.

End rant.

vabeerguy, FFFjunkie, FlintB and 15 others like this.
  5. Franfab

Franfab Aspirant (202) Apr 3, 2018 Illinois
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

vabeerguy, FFFjunkie, FlintB and 13 others like this.
  6. TheGent

Society Trader

That's exactly what I was shouting at folks in the can line as I begrudgingly walked back to my car with my unused voucher.

7. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,532) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I’ve only been once. The space is beautiful and the beer is excellent. I thought the can line was possibly the best staffed and quickest moving of anywhere I’ve been given the volume of customers. The tap line was ridiculous though. Maybe 40 minutes? And with them not even taking money. Nuts.

8. JBowenGeorgia

JBowenGeorgia Champion (823) Sep 1, 2016 Georgia
    Society Trader

Awesome LIF box from @akatz821 landed today! All new brews, breweries(except OH), and first Croatian and Serbian beers. Habanero hot sauce, great sounding beans that I'll have in the morning, and a new spirit. Thanks Azi! Even grabbed an extra in the airport to unlock a badge on UT. Always generous, always thoughtful, one of the coolest Katz I know!
    [​IMG]

9. JBowenGeorgia

Society Trader

10. AyatollahGold

AyatollahGold Meyvn (1,098) Nov 28, 2016 Indiana
    Trader

Nice box @akatz821 !

11. Vidblain

Vidblain Meyvn (1,043) Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Killer, @akatz821 - as always!

12. Harrison8

Society Trader

The inclusion of all the hot sauce sauce this round is making me feel some kinda way. Nice box, @akatz821 !

13. Harrison8

Society Trader

I'll keep all this in mind in case I ever get to make a trip. Again, something I'd like to do, but not something I'd go too far out of my way to accomplish. It also explains why they have a pour limit. It sounds like they can't even handle 2 pours each.

Quick clarification, and then I'll drop it - how is it a 2 pour limit? How do they keep people from coming back through line to purchase another pour or two? This idea is foreign to me.

vabeerguy, FFFjunkie, FlintB and 9 others like this.
  14. brutalfarce

Society Trader

You buy tickets for pours at either pour cashier or when you buy your cans, they take said ticket when you order and mark your hand with black marker "X" when you have 2 "X"'s you are done. Again such a weird setup, I've heard of people washing off "X"'s and getting more have also bought 2 pours via my friends very pregnant wife which obviously she wasn't drinking but they let her buy tickets and served her at bar....couple weird looks lol but we got 2 extra pours

15. Harrison8

Society Trader

Very interesting. Thanks for the responses!

ISO: Pregnant spouse and two Treehouse pours; FT: my dignity, or what's left of it.

16. TheGent

Society Trader

I purchased this when I got my cans.

Actual expression on your face may differ.

Despite my complaints, it’s a beautiful facility and if I had more time it would’ve been just fine.

17. Franfab

Society Trader

@thebeers Arthur - I could not decipher your clues until I had the key. That key was the beer. And Oh My...is there a lot of it. Before I get to the pictures, I want to say a quick thank you. I don't provide a ton of information or have the longest want list but I feel like you understood what I like and did an excellent job translating that to beer.

[​IMG]

18. AyatollahGold

Trader

I’ve done work in that ticket factory.

19. jhavs

Society Trader

Buy tickets and then they mark your hand

20. JFreres

JFreres Disciple (379) Dec 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Nice box @akatz821 !

vabeerguy, FFFjunkie, FlintB and 11 others like this.
  21. Franfab

Society Trader

Arutam - Forest and Main - new brewery tick and a saison in wine barrels. Yes please!
    A Life in the Sky - Forest and Main - saison in wine barrels.
    Apricot - Cascade - Fruited sour - probably my favorite style of beer.
    Here and There - Tired Hands/Side Project - Fruited wild. Ourison is one of my favorite saisons to date.
    BA Mexican Brunch - Kane - Had Kane at the 2017 GABF and was blown away by Sunday Brunch. Can't wait for this one
    Chocolate Orange Ralphius - Free Will - new beer and brewery tick
    Adam - Hair of the Dog - I get to Portland a few times a year and this beer was on a research list of mine, just never got to try it.

Alien Church - Tired Hands - this will be going down soon.
    All That Is And All That Ever Will Be - Treehouse - Enjoy their stouts immensely.
    I Was Just Thinking About You, Cory King - Tired Hands - first stout from them for me.
    Sunny Day - Little Log Cabin - new brewery, new beer, and the first one of this box I will drink!
    Chocolate Pretzel Sunday Morning Stout - Weyerbacher - New one for me
    Ella - Free Will - Quad in Apple Brandy barrels. This is exactly why I enjoy BIF's. A beer that I did not know existed that I'll now get to try.
    Tired Hands glass, appropriate chocolate for Dark Lord day

@thebeers - Arthur, thank you again for this wonderful selection!

22. JFreres

Society Trader

Amazing box @thebeers !

23. AyatollahGold

Trader

Great box man @thebeers
    Really nice.

24. Harrison8

Society Trader

Great box @thebeers !

25. Franfab

Society Trader

Inadvertent omission...

BA Troegenator - Troegs - new beer, brewery

26. JBowenGeorgia

Society Trader

Great box @thebeers

27. thebeers

thebeers Poo-Bah (2,532) Sep 10, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

I figured you’d like liver-shaped chocolate better than a chocolate-covered onion. Enjoy!

28. y2kawakami

y2kawakami Initiate (188) Sep 11, 2015 Hawaii
    Trader

Sweet box @thebeers

29. Yabey

Yabey Initiate (50) Mar 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

So @Vidblain decided to hit me with a “small” box filled with salty nuts....and also beer.
    Chris hit me with all new breweries and beers, a beautiful new glass which will be used soon with one of those IPA’s and a handful of salted nuts, 3 of which are peanut butter and chocolate covered salty nuts!

We’ve got
    BlackStack- Back Woods IPA
    The Brewing Projekt- Resist Milkshake IPA
    Barrel Theory- Rain Drops IPA
    Barrel Theory- DDH Shooter McGavin IPA

Both the Barrel Theorys are crowlers and will likely be gone relatively quick haha

Very very excited to try all of these, Barrel Theory is a place I’ve been wanting to try so getting a glass from them too was a huge bonus. Thanks again Chris!

[​IMG]

30. TheGent

Society Trader

Sick box @thebeers !!!

31. AyatollahGold

Trader

Nice box @Vidblain !
    Love that glass.

32. brutalfarce

Society Trader

diggin that glass shape nice box @Vidblain

33. brutalfarce

Society Trader

34. jhavs

Society Trader

Great stuff @Vidblain

35. jhavs

Society Trader

Great box @thebeers

36. Snrubnivek

Snrubnivek Initiate (77) Apr 16, 2016 California
    Trader

Killer box @thebeers Nice job

37. Franfab

Society Trader

38. JFreres

Society Trader

Nice box @Vidblain !

39. akatz821

akatz821 Initiate (35) Dec 13, 2017 New York
    Trader

Dude enjoy! Those Z whatever brews are world class...no adjuncts or haze, just really well made classics. The garden took Croatia by surprise it seems, cause folks freakin love them there (but personally I would say Z whatever and these folks (Nova Runda) who only do on tap are way better). And who knew that mikkeller’s global domination extended to the Balkans! I guess that’s why global domination is, but still surprised. No clue how the carob liquor tastes, but it’s carob so I had to buy some minis. The beans are top notch, and that macro airport brew is absolute trash.

Overall, enjoy! Serbia, especially Zagreb, is definitely a surprise when it comes to the liquids they’re serving

40. Vidblain

Vidblain Meyvn (1,043) Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Society Trader

Just a little teaser! Didn't want to leave you hanging until the deadline - enjoy the hops fresh, hope you like the glass, and I'll have more out to you after Dark Lord Day!

About the candy - those are made here in St. Paul. I love peanut candy - hope you like them as well!