NBO : SLOPPY SECONDS HINTS/HAULS

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by FFFjunkie, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Yabey

Yabey Initiate (50) Mar 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Great boxes @akatz821 @thebeers !
    I love the glass, my favorite glass broke about a month ago and I keep meaning to replace it but haven’t had a chance, this will likely take it’s spot.

Already popped one of the peanut and chocolate candies and it’s delicious, I’m trying not to finish them all today haha

vabeerguy, r0rschach, jhavs and 14 others like this.
  2. TheGent

TheGent Poo-Bah (1,807) Jun 29, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Nice box @Vidblain !!!

vabeerguy, jhavs, JFreres and 12 others like this.
  3. bl00

bl00 Disciple (399) May 13, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Awesome hits @thebeers and @Vidblain!

vabeerguy, jhavs, JFreres and 12 others like this.
  4. thatoneguymike

thatoneguymike Meyvn (1,116) Sep 18, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

oh hey boiiiiiiiiiiis ...just got back from Colorado, so it's time to get ready for some bombs to be sent out on the battlefield.

target #1 hint: You haven't been active in this forum for quite some time it seems, since there was talk about sodas.
    target #2 hint: I want to send a particular regional food out to you but cannot.

5. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Crusader (711) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Awesome boxes @akatz821 @thebeers @Vidblain !!!

vabeerguy, Harrison8, jhavs and 13 others like this.
  6. FlintB

FlintB Initiate (175) May 27, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

Hey targets, like this if you would like something from...

[​IMG]

7. FlintB

Trader

@Dragginballs76 , I've already got you down as a "Hell yes"

8. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (313) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

who's gonna say no to that?

9. FrankenMiller

FrankenMiller Initiate (171) Mar 5, 2014 Florida
    Trader

ALERT ALERT ALERT
    [​IMG]
    PLEASE LIKE THIS POST IF YOU ARE WAITING FOR .....
    LET ME SEE YOUR CAN CANS 9TH EDITION TO START!!!

Thinking about opening sign ups next week with targets going out after around June 1st.
    And shipping window until first week in July. It would be a quick hit.

Like this post if you would be interested. I do not want to hijack the thread with a bunch of posts. Just gauging interest. I will post this in the LMSYCC8 hints and hauls so you can post to your over used livers content.

10. JBowenGeorgia

JBowenGeorgia Champion (828) Sep 1, 2016 Georgia
    Society Trader

Nice hit @Vidblain

11. FrankenMiller

Trader

Sweet sweet nectar

12. AyatollahGold

AyatollahGold Meyvn (1,109) Nov 28, 2016 Indiana
    Trader

I know nothing of mead other than a few factual things about mead. But other than that, I have only ever tried one mead.

13. AyatollahGold

Trader

What I’m trying to say is, if I am one of your targets, which I’m pretty sure I am, forward to a mead loving soul.

14. y2kawakami

y2kawakami Initiate (190) Sep 11, 2015 Hawaii
    Trader

Sweet boxes @Vidblain and @akatz821

15. akatz821

akatz821 Initiate (35) Dec 13, 2017 New York
    Trader

Croatia*** fuck. Never made it to Serbia. This is awkward

16. r0rschach

r0rschach Initiate (46) Jun 19, 2017 Texas
    Trader

I too, have been hit by @Vidblain today! This glass is badass and I can't wait to try these awesome brews!

[​IMG]

So about these nut rolls, pretty much everyone in the brewing industry knows them because BSG, who are based in MN, hide them in pallets of malt. There are loads of threads on r/thebrewery. I've never actually tried them before because our brewers gobble them up immediately, so now's my chance! Thanks so much for this awesome surprise box, it really made my day!

[​IMG]

17. Joplamp

Joplamp Initiate (139) Apr 24, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

He hit the trifecta! I’m always thrilled for some Barrel Theory and all of these are new ticks for me. Thanks for dropping the surprise on me Chris. With all this damn travel it’s nice to come home to some good beers!

18. AyatollahGold

Trader

@Vidblain throwing boxes out like

[​IMG]

19. Vidblain

Vidblain Meyvn (1,045) Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Society Trader

For sure, John - hope you enjoy! Expect another box when I'm home from Dark Lord!

It sounded like you were interested (+ I always enjoy sharing the Barrel Theory love), and you deserved a ninja box - hope you enjoy, Jordan! Sorry I couldn't grab you a glass - they were SUPER busy that day (BA Ice Cream Social release day), and I just barely managed to grab those extra crowlers for you!

20. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (2,793) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Society Trader

21. Buck89

Buck89 Poo-Bah (2,793) Feb 7, 2015 Tennessee
    Society Trader

22. Joplamp

Joplamp Initiate (139) Apr 24, 2016 Michigan
    Trader

Such a jerk move! Just kidding! I should be up to MSP in the near future for a SpartanNash food show. I’ll let you know and probably drag some Speciation bottles along for you.

23. Yabey

Yabey Initiate (50) Mar 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

[​IMG]

@Vidblain I know I said this earlier, but I’m very much a fan of this glass. The beer is pretty fantastic as well haha thanks again!

24. Vidblain

Vidblain Meyvn (1,045) Feb 17, 2017 Minnesota
    Society Trader

I mean, who knows whether I'll survive to ever send anything again? Had to get out a token box at the very least!

I'll never say no to Speciation, but @FlintB may get ornery if you horn in on his distro! :wink::grin: If you make it down here, definitely let me know - I'd be happy to buy you a beer at Barrel Theory/Wild Mind/Surly/Dangerous Man, etc.!

Glassware > beer :grin: Really glad you enjoy that one - love the glass, and the beer! Citra is my jam!

25. bl00

Trader

Targets- do you enjoy coffee? Like this post if so.

26. y2kawakami

y2kawakami Initiate (190) Sep 11, 2015 Hawaii
    Trader

Hint #1: I’m thinking of a football player. He has played in this century

hint 2: He has use of both hands (a football player can now be eliminated)

Hint #3: He has made the playoffs

unrelated hint: I'm shipping east, or really, really west

hint 4: He was a first round draft pick

Hint #5: He played college ball at a “power 5” conference school

hint 6: He has played for a team that has won at least one super bowl. I can’t remember if he was on that team or not. I’m getting old.

Hint #7: He did make the pro bowl in his career

hint 8: [​IMG]

Hint #9: I know this isn’t a football hint, but Jabari Parker flashed so much potential.

hint 10: my favorite football team plays in a South division in the NFL

Hint #11: I’m hoping my favorite football team takes a serious look at Tua next year. Not sure if they have a franchise quarterback of the future in place yet.

hint 12:
    [​IMG]

Hint #13: back to the original football player i was thinking of...I'd like to think he'd be a popular choice in Japan

hint 14: the number of times he was selected to the pro bowl = the # pick he was drafted

Hint #15: unrelated to the football player hint - I’ve been to one target’s state but not the other.

hint 16: Either I have sent or received or exchanged beer with one target before, but not the other.

Hint #17: hints 9 and 13 go together, hints 10-12 refer to a team, and hints 1-8,14 refer to a player

hint 18: the sum of the digits of the football player's jersey on the team that i have been referencing is 16

27. FFFjunkie

FFFjunkie Crusader (711) Aug 26, 2014 Illinois
    Society Trader

Nicely done @Vidblain !

28. FlintB

Trader

Underrated: W's reaction time. He's like an amused ninja.

29. r0rschach

Trader

[​IMG]

Guess today was Shooter McGavin day! Mine had a leaky seal (thankfully @Vidblain bagged it up real nice so the beer was contained) so I had to drink it fast. Delicious beer and Citra is pretty much my favorite hop. This glass is fucking awesome, I'm gonna push to get some made at work! Thanks Chris!

30. r0rschach

Trader

Couldn't agree more, I'm impressed every time I see that clip. Curious to see how our current president's reaction time would stack up.

31. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,191) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

Your rant rings true. Two years ago, I managed to stand in a 30 minute line for the weekly release of Veil cans. It was not too bad because there was usually someone in front of me or behind me from out of town (mostly out of state) so I had the chance to yak with them about the brewery scene. Once, I stood in line at Triple Crossing for an hour in order to get some great release that week.

Those days are gone. If I see a long line when I drive by a brewery I just turn around and go home. Maybe I am just getting too old but my consolation is I stop on my way home and fill a growler (an essential tool to keep in your car) at Growlers To Go. They always have an awesome selection of beers on draft.

It seems we are a lot alike. My condolences!

32. bl00

Trader

Hint #9- one of my targets has been more active than the other in this thread by an order of magnitude. If I've counted correctly, at the moment the number of posts by the more active target can be divisible by the number of posts by the less active target and result in a whole number.

33. Franfab

Franfab Aspirant (205) Apr 3, 2018 Illinois
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

34. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,717) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

[​IMG]

35. TheGent

Society Trader

Lord help me

I would wait in line for an hour for triple crossing. Them IPA's were seriously point.

FlintB, Vidblain, Harrison8 and 16 others like this.
  36. TheGent

Society Trader

*On point (Damn inability to edit in this forum)

FlintB, Vidblain, Buck89 and 10 others like this.
  37. FrankenMiller

Trader

Down here in FL we dont mind waiting in line. We drink!!!! either openly or hide it in our YETI

FlintB, Vidblain, r0rschach and 15 others like this.
  38. vabeerguy

vabeerguy Poo-Bah (2,191) Sep 21, 2015 Virginia
    Society Trader

I agree with you about Triple Crossing (TC) IPAs. Almost all I have had, and I have had a lot, were really good. It may sound like heresy, but I will take my chances with a new TC IPA release then I would with a new Veil IPA release.

Other than a few weeks ago when they held anniversary events, i usually do not have to wait more than ten minutes.

Keep me in mind in the event you would like some of their IPAs.

FlintB, Vidblain, Harrison8 and 15 others like this.
  39. thatoneguymike

thatoneguymike Meyvn (1,116) Sep 18, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

ummm here, sir

40. JFreres

JFreres Disciple (379) Dec 2, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

Anyone in this group planning on going to Bark Lord Day at Transient on Sunday? I am itching for a bottle of Cantuckley, but I don' t think my buddy will be able to sweet talk his wife into making the detour on the way home from Dark Lord, after being our DD for a couple of days. If anyone is able and willing to work out a trade, please let me know.

FlintB, FFFjunkie, Vidblain and 12 others like this.