NBS BIF #14 Hints and Hauls: Eww, David! Duo mures inclusi copulare sacci lana!

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by Roguer, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Roguer

Roguer Poo-Bah (6,388) Mar 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Moderator Society Trader

Welcome one and all to the latest iteration of the New Beer Sunday Beer It Forward (NBS BIF), the BIF that celebrates and encourages participation in the New Beer Weekend thread. This is your official Hints and Hauls thread!!!

For this round, we have no official international, transcontinental, transoceanic, or female members. That's a shame, but then again, we had a number of ghost participants last round, as well as ghost ninjas (even spookier than regular ninjas!).

You've all been called and summoned, weighed and approved. Most of you have crushed porches before. Most of you will do so again. Some of the damage may even go to your official target, but in my experience, we tend to have a rather lax collateral damage approval assessment process, so .... watch your porches, friends.

This is the official Hints and Hauls thread. It's here! We're live! This is where you post your hints, pictures of your hauls, and - if enjoying a beer outside of the NBW time frame - drop a review.

In the next post, I will go over the rules my partner @2beerdogs laid out in the sign up thread. Following that, I'll go with a quick roll call so you all know that this thread is live, baby!

And before you ask: pairings are being confirmed today. I will personally BM you with your target, including their address, likes, dislikes, etc., either tonight, or tomorrow before noon at the latest.

Important: if you have blackout dates, shipping notes/dates/restrictions, or changes to your shipping information, please shoot me and Derek a joint BM. I know a couple people may have already expressed specific requirements. Please back up my alcohol-soaked memory and just shoot us a fresh BM. Same if you aren't sure if we have your latest information, or if your opinion on some styles has changed. I keep everyone's information for future BIFs and for ninja requests, and I'd hate to pass outdated information to your sender. (You can trust me. I deliver sandwiches; I'm here to help (with your food cravings).)

LET'S! DO! THIS!

[​IMG]

2. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Rules Reminder

Official Share Date:
    Sunday, October 17th
    (Please ensure at least one box, preferably including a Mystery Beer, arrives no later than Thursday, October 14th.)
    Minimum Contents: 96 ounces of beer (yes, we have upped it ever so slightly), at least 1 wrapped/disguised Mystery Beer, at least one local food item (or food-adjacent, such as coffee or spices), at least one item of Breweriana (swag; glassware, a T-shirt, stickers, coasters, pins, bottle openers - something, preferably local to you, and/or related to the beer you send)
    (Do not worry about trying to keep up with some of the maniacs in this BIF. The minimum is the minimum, and every person here is perfectly OK with receiving exactly that. If that's all you can, or even want to, send, that's fine! Similarly, ninja boxes are never expected (it's right there in the name), and absolutely not required. Send what you want to send. :slight_smile: )
    Participation: You must participate in this thread with at least 2 hints per week (until your target discerns their identity, at least). More are certainly welcome. The helpfulness of your clues is entirely up to you.

Etiquette: What follows are not necessarily hard rules, but good ideas to follow.
    *Hint Lies. Completely allowed. I consider it good form to at some point help your target out, though, so if you drop one or more false clues, at least consider giving your target a chance to figure out which clues are false, and which clues are true. :wink:
    *Official Call Outs. If someone officially* calls you out as their sender, the honorable thing to do is to respond that they are correct - or incorrect, as the case may be.
    *Recognition. There is zero expectation that all of the beers you receive will be enjoyed on the weekend and reviewed in the NBW thread. You will likely receive simply too much, and many of the beers (in particular IPAs, but also many lagers) are of the type that you will want to enjoy as fresh as possible. Do so! Drink a beer the day you receive your (first?) box! However, if you post the beer in WBAYDN? (or Untappd), it's polite to thank your sender with a tag. As Derek mentioned, we've seen shout outs more than 2 years after the BIF closed. :slight_smile:
    *Reviews. The entire purpose of this BIF is to drive participation in the NBW thread. It has long since become its own thing, but that purpose remains. Please review your beers in NBW. For beers you are enjoying outside of the NBW time frame, consider dropping your review (and picture, if applicable) right here, in this very thread! Some people do so with every single beer, even cross-posting with NBW (and WBAYDN?). Totally fine! You do you, but even if you don't do formal BA reviews, please at least leave your notes on NBW where appropriate, and if you can, swing by here (especially if it's during the work week and the virtual bar is closed :wink: ).

And ... I think that's it? Terry, Derek, any of the old-timers, please feel free to chime in if I've forgotten something.

Oh wait, yes, one more thing:

This shit is fun! Don't forget that. :slight_smile: Some of us have some long-established traditions. Feel free to copy, to ignore, or to invent your own. You literally cannot do this BIF wrong, as long as you don't violate the very few rules. :slight_smile:

Cheers, and let's get it on!!!

*There is no requirement for call outs, official or otherwise, and no official penalties. At any time, anyone can technically say, "You human**, I'm calling you out!" It costs nothing, and you gain nothing, although I do usually highlight the first official call out of the BIF (and the first successful call out of the BIF, which are not always the same thing).
    **Substituting an actual BA in this BIF, of course. :wink:

Whyteboar, MacMalt, 2beerdogs and 4 others like this.
  3. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

4. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

5. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

6. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Participant Role Call #4
    @Whyteboar MI
    @WunderLlama MA

This is seriously your chance to correct my deficiencies. :grinning:

Whyteboar, MacMalt, 2beerdogs and 4 others like this.
  7. JayORear

JayORear Meyvn (1,378) Feb 22, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

The grammar nerd in me is cringing, but . . .

[​IMG]

MacMalt, Whyteboar, 2beerdogs and 5 others like this.
  8. FBarber

FBarber Poo-Bah (5,427) Mar 5, 2016 Illinois
    Moderator Society Trader

MacMalt, Whyteboar, 2beerdogs and 4 others like this.
  9. BBThunderbolt

BBThunderbolt Poo-Bah (9,092) Sep 24, 2007 Kiribati
    Society Trader

Hawter than 3 rats fucking in a wool sauna!

MacMalt, Whyteboar, 2beerdogs and 7 others like this.
  10. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Pretty sure that's about right. Google Translate is notoriously effective, after all. :grinning:

MacMalt, Whyteboar, 2beerdogs and 6 others like this.
  11. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

It does not translate going back the other way, but

12. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Hint #1: I'm shipping to one of the 48 contiguous United States. And West. To a state with vowels.

Wow, it's like 3 hints in one! I'm sure I've narrowed the field already! :stuck_out_tongue:

13. JayORear

Society Trader

I'LL GIVE A HINT ONCE I KNOW MY GODDAMN PAIRING!!!!

[​IMG]

14. FBarber

Moderator Society Trader

Hint #1: I am sending to an actual Human BA.

MacMalt, Roy_Hobbs, Whyteboar and 6 others like this.
  15. snaotheus

snaotheus Poo-Bah (5,380) Oct 6, 2008 Washington
    Society Trader

Surely we have someone with artistic ability to turn this illustrious BIF name into a logo of some sort?

16. snaotheus

Society Trader

Hint #1: I am sending to a BA user who does not live in my house.

17. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (2,892) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Society Trader

18. snaotheus

Society Trader

Can't stop staring at this gif :dizzy_face:...I don't think we can fill up the first page fast enough

MacMalt, Harrison8, Whyteboar and 5 others like this.
  19. WunderLlama

WunderLlama Poo-Bah (3,159) Dec 27, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Perhaps…duo mures futuit in lana soccum???

20. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Me. You are sending to me. Just ship now to make it easier on yourself.

21. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

That certainly seems like a valuable life skill.

MacMalt, Roy_Hobbs, Harrison8 and 6 others like this.
  22. JayORear

Society Trader

There are so many inappropriate ways to go with that . . .

MacMalt, Harrison8, Whyteboar and 5 others like this.
  23. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

See, @JayORear ? Plenty of people dropping hints before the pairings are out. :grinning:

MacMalt, Roy_Hobbs, Whyteboar and 5 others like this.
  24. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

My mystery beer labels (plural, every round) are often, but always, themed to the BIF. They are also always (quite shittily) drawn by hand. :grinning:

MacMalt, Roy_Hobbs, Whyteboar and 4 others like this.
  25. ovaltine

ovaltine Poo-Bah (3,920) Apr 6, 2010 Indiana
    Society Trader

26. ovaltine

Society Trader

I have longed to join the sack of wool for my entire 58 years on this Big Blue Marble In Space.

[​IMG]

MacMalt, Dimidiata, Roy_Hobbs and 7 others like this.
  27. ovaltine

Society Trader

Welp, I had a whole “I’m gonna crush my target’s porch” kettle of hints boiled up to help launch this thread, but I now have another target to crush.

Sincerely,

The Beer Nerd Governor Of Pennsylvania

28. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

Chezus, I don't know how that happened. I can confirm your pairings still work. Maybe. Possibly. In Latin.

It's been the easiest, and therefore obviously worst, pairings of my brief tenure. :grinning:

29. foundersasap

foundersasap Disciple (328) Feb 2, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

MacMalt, Roy_Hobbs, Whyteboar and 8 others like this.
  30. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

Oh, BTW, you're moving.

MacMalt, Dimidiata, Whyteboar and 7 others like this.
  31. WunderLlama

Society Trader

I’m out

32. ovaltine

Society Trader

I took 6 years of Latin, including 2 years in college.

And Pennsylvania and Indiana don’t even REMOTELY approximate each other in Latin or English.

33. WunderLlama

Society Trader

HINT #1 - at least one of my hints is a LIE!!!! My target ,It is up to you to decide If this hint is the truth or an actual lie itself

34. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

But, they are separated by Ohio. It's like y'all are cousins.

MacMalt, Roy_Hobbs, FBarber and 6 others like this.
  35. Roguer

Moderator Society Trader

@ovaltine Kissing cousins, keeping room for the Holy Spirit.

MacMalt, FBarber, Whyteboar and 5 others like this.
  36. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (2,899) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

MacMalt, snaotheus, JayORear and 5 others like this.
  37. BBThunderbolt

Society Trader

BIFs are church for sinners.

MacMalt, snaotheus, JayORear and 6 others like this.
  38. Ozzylizard

Ozzylizard Poo-Bah (4,667) Oct 5, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Yepper, I'm in and possibly oll korrect. And for my penalty LIF for winning @snaotheus' Lif earlier:

Unlike most of you, I have no mammalian pets. I have herps (currently only turtles), in fact I'm sitting in the turtle room typing this. The most bored of my guys is from Texas and is named after a TV personality that was on TV from 1986 to now, although the later years are a bit sporadic. Since the turtle is a red ear from Texas, he's got a good red-neck double name (think Billy Bob, etc). Winner gets the correct name. In the event of no correct answer, well, as Teddy Kennedy said to Mary Jo Kopechne "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it".

MacMalt, snaotheus, Roy_Hobbs and 7 others like this.
  39. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Poo-Bah (2,899) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

Spend the Zombie Apocalypse with her in an abandoned brewery.

MacMalt, snaotheus, JayORear and 3 others like this.
  40. Beersnake1

Beersnake1 Poo-Bah (2,892) Aug 17, 2013 California
    Society Trader

I'm a patient man, but....

[​IMG]

MacMalt, Harrison8, snaotheus and 5 others like this.