Need a Pittsburgh-Cleveland-Akton itinerary for a hop head from New England

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by mrz200, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrz200

mrz200 Jul 11, 2013 Massachusetts

Will be in the area in a couple weeks (mon-weds only)
    flying into Cleveland,
    out of Pittsburgh
    and visiting Cleveland, Lakewood, Avon Lake, Akron, and Donora PA.

I've had Great Lakes and Fat Head Hntet IPA and I'm hoping to try Brew Kettle White Raja..,any tips on where to find (brewery or bottle shops) those or anything else I should be trying would be very helpful!

Cheers

2. BeerVikingSailor

BeerVikingSailor Nov 19, 2009 Ohio
    Trader

Plenty of bottle shops in Lakewood / Cleveland / Akron area will have White Rajah, as well as grocery stores etc....pretty easy to find shelf beer in NE Ohio

Would suggest stopping at Buckeye Beer Engine in Lakewood, Rozi's and many other joints on Detroit Ave

You should visit Ohio City area (just west of downtown CLE) - W. 25th St - Great Lakes, Market Garden, Nano-Brew, Platform Brewing etc are all in the immediate vicinity

Stop at Fatheads for sure if you can - either the BrewPub on Lorain in N. Olmsted or the Production Brewery / Taphouse in Middleburg Hts....

Look on this site for guide to Cleveland / Akron beer attractions

Cleveland - http://www.beeradvocate.com/place/city/5/

Akron - http://www.beeradvocate.com/place/list/?city=Akron&c_id=US&s_id=OH

You could hit Hoppin' Frog's Taproom easily as well as Thirsty Dog (about 15 minutes apart in Akron) - mostly open in the evenings though

Have fun and enjoy!

Lot's to see and do and drink in NE Ohio!

williamDbar likes this.
  3. PuckIt

PuckIt Feb 6, 2014 Pennsylvania

I'd stop by Roundabout, Brew Gentlemen, Draai Laag, and Fat Heads for sure.

4. kbuzz

kbuzz Jan 22, 2011 North Carolina

In Pittsburgh, for hoppy stuff, definitely the Brew Gents...and even though you said you had Fat Heads before, they seem to have a good bit of hoppy stuff rotating through their taps recently (in Pittsburgh, at least)...so probably worth another stop...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.