New Belgium: Hop Kitchen #7 - Hop The Pond DIPA

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by BottleCaps80, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nedster10

Nedster10 Feb 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

This been seen in west Michigan yet?

2. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Mar 18, 2010 California

Solid beer.

laglocal and eawolff99 like this.
  3. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

I've gone through 5 bombers of this already. Fantastic DIPA for the price point. I'd even pay a few dollars more.

spitshaded and eawolff99 like this.
  4. BeerZar

BeerZar Apr 30, 2014 Ohio

I have one of these chillin in the fridge. I don't really go into NB beers with high expectations, but they are usually fairly solid, so I'll give them a chance. If it's great, I'll pick-up a few more. If not, back to my regular scheduled programming or onto trying something else new. Dissenter on the other hand is an outstanding beer in my opinion. I just haven't brought myself to pick-up more because of that heavy price tag. I usually don't consider the bottle/can art too much, but if it is overly silly I do have a hard time taking the beer seriously like all high-brow BA's should. :-)

5. Spinrathen

Spinrathen Dec 18, 2013 Iowa

Not sure where but one of the hyvees in DSM that I go to has had them for 2.99 since release Most others are 3.49-3.99 still very reasonable, but every time I see the 2.99 I have to pick up one. It's very tasty and as cheap as they come.

BottleCaps80 likes this.
  6. Chris77McGrath

Chris77McGrath Feb 8, 2013 Ohio

I liked it? Wasn't very expensive either $3.99?

7. spitshaded

spitshaded Nov 12, 2012 Virginia

I got one as a beer club selection from my local bottle shop & was really impressed. I enjoy Ranger whenever I have one but I am not a fan of Rampant at all, so I wasn't expecting much. Thoroughly enjoyed it & bought myself another bottle. Doesn't hurt that a bomber was around $4 too.

8. onefalsemove711

onefalsemove711 Jul 20, 2011 California

3.99 and super tasty! Thank you, New Belgium!

9. IpaBeerDrinkers

IpaBeerDrinkers Mar 3, 2014 California

Might seem crazy...but I actually like Ranger and Rampant quite a bit as long as they are fresh. Very good price point, they have bottle dates, and well....they actually taste fairly good. I'll be on the lookout for this.

10. Immortale25

Immortale25 May 13, 2011 North Carolina
    Society Trader

I thought it was supposed to be a hedgehog but the beer name suggests more that it would be a kangaroo I guess.

11. Anaxagoris

Anaxagoris Sep 14, 2014 Washington

Had it on draft. Really liked it!

12. TonyLema1

TonyLema1 Nov 19, 2008 South Carolina
    Society

I liked the label, after I read the story behind it

13. BirdsandHops

BirdsandHops Apr 14, 2008 Oregon
    Society

Awesome beer for an awesome price. Can we get year-round sixers of this? I'd gladly sacrifice Ranger, Rampant, or both for year-round Hop the Pond.

14. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Oct 31, 2013 Maryland

If you like it, who am I to judge. Yet that label isn't as artistic as some of the other Founders labels.

15. Ri0

Ri0 Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

This just arrived in Madison, WI today. I guess it is already a month old?

16. larryarms847

larryarms847 Dec 12, 2010 Illinois

Is it worth it? I've seen this a lot, but it's been a couple week out now so I'm a little hesitant.

17. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Sep 19, 2012 Illinois

Could you please clarify which member you are directing these questions to...?

18. beerwolf72

beerwolf72 Aug 12, 2006 Ohio
    Trader

This is a great beer for $3. I had one that was a little thin, but otherwise I've been impressed.

19. Spinrathen

Spinrathen Dec 18, 2013 Iowa

It's still drinking well. I haven't noticed any fall off yet, probably has another good month before anything noticeable changes.

20. BikeChef

BikeChef Dec 27, 2007 District of Columbia
    Society

Great stuff, and a steal at the price. Focollaboration and Super IPA are still the NB hoppy special releases I've liked the best, though.

21. Chris77McGrath

Chris77McGrath Feb 8, 2013 Ohio

More of a statement than a question. I will contact my 4th grade English teacher Playa Playa and have her review my posts before posting again.

22. beerindaglass

beerindaglass Feb 20, 2013 Florida

He's walking down stairs in the original picture and on level ground on the label. That F's the whole thing up. It looks like he has a nervous system issue or is tripping and falling down. Just horrible execution.

23. Bladezone

Bladezone Sep 22, 2006 District of Columbia

Has anyone seen this in the DC/Maryland/northern VA region? Haven't had any luck finding anything

24. davet100

davet100 Aug 9, 2013 Virginia

Been a bit hit and miss here in NOVA, but had some luck at Giant a few times. I work in DC and not spotted it once there yet.

25. Love_in_a_canoe

Love_in_a_canoe Jan 17, 2014 Oregon

I'm not a New Belgium fan at all. But my local Whole Foods in Portland was doing growlers of Hop the Pond for $9, and the beer guy told me even though he detests New Belgium, he thought it was quite good. So I gave it a try (WF doesn't let you taste first), and I'm glad I did. It was delicious. I don't know how a bomber would be, but on draft for $2.25 a pint? Can I have some more please?

26. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

I probably went through almost a case of this beer. Loved it and am sad it is gone. I hope they brew it again soon!

iabeerbaron likes this.
  27. Dan_Bowman

Dan_Bowman Apr 11, 2010 Ohio

This just showed up on my area. Seems like it has come and gone already in other markets. $3.99 for 22 oz bottle.

28. IpaBeerDrinkers

IpaBeerDrinkers Mar 3, 2014 California

I had 1 last week after having 1 when it was really fresh. There was a noticeable drop off. I'm not sure if they brewed a fresh batch or if you are now getting an older batch. Something to consider tho

29. surfcaster

surfcaster Apr 20, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

Good beer and a good deal.

30. Omnium

Omnium Jan 31, 2013 Pennsylvania

Best IPA I've had from New Belgium yet, ohh and wait. I got my bombers for $6 a piece. Score!

Shroud0fdoom likes this.
  31. pumahunter

pumahunter Jul 21, 2014 Colorado

I had this a while ago and it was amazing! Just saying, wasn't like Rampant IMO, lighter on the maltiness and great hop aroma and flavor!

32. Rodney221

Rodney221 Sep 14, 2014 Virginia

Southern VA here and we had a ton last month. I really enjoyed it, especially for the price. Not too malty, decent hop presence. Also, I'm not one to normally care about art on the bottles but for some reason, I just love that art.

33. Shroud0fdoom

Shroud0fdoom Oct 31, 2013 Maryland

I was also surprised by this brew. I liked it in the bottle, even better from the keg.

Omnium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.