New breweries/releases in Pittsburgh October 2016

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Tedwarhc, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tedwarhc

Tedwarhc Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2011 Pennsylvania

To be as specific as possible, and to keep the information as fresh and relivant as possible, I will start a new thread monthly to keep the residents and visitors of our fine city up to date and in the know.

First up is Dancing Gnome. Discuss what you have had or what you're looking forward to.

Also anything else known on the horizon?

F2brewers likes this.
  2. barflybastard

barflybastard Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Pennsylvania

To less fanfare, Allegheny City Brewing opened their doors today, I think.

Dogleg likes this.
  3. Tedwarhc

They did, I tried a few of their beers at a soft opening and did t really get a good chance to judge what I was having. The space is really cool, but small. I hope they have dialed in their core beers before trying to do too many things. I will most likely visit in the near future.

4. psnydez86

psnydez86 Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2012 Pennsylvania

I hear Butler is the next Braddock???

5. Brewski

Brewski Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2012 Pennsylvania

From Roundabout's website they will be canning Jacked Up O’Lantern tomorrow. Always a great brew to sip on this time of year.

6. Tedwarhc

Went today and had one of the last pours of the jacked up base with coconut. Really super beer, he only did 2 kegs that way. I always look forward to the jacked up.

Brewski and greg4579 like this.
  7. ejimhof

ejimhof Grand Pooh-Bah (3,203) Apr 12, 2004 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Does anyone anticipate Voodoo Homestead like Grand Opening crowds for Dancing Gnome tomorrow?

8. kkdowning

kkdowning Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2009 Pennsylvania

I wouldn't. When Voodoo Homestead opened they were a known commodity with a ton of barrel-aged beers on tap. That said, I wouldn't expect them to be dead either. It's a grand opening of a brewery that's had some pre-opening hype.

9. Tedwarhc

Tasting at Steel City, 10/22 12-8. All day so everyone can join. Bring some good beer and some food to share. Details on our Facebook page.

Brewski likes this.
  10. Tedwarhc

If anyone in the South Hills is looking for something to do today, Ill be pouring Evil Twin at Trax Farms from 12-2. I like company and have free beer.

barflybastard likes this.
  11. Hoprider

Hoprider Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2009 Pennsylvania

Stopped at the Dancing Gnome around 2 yesterday, the place had a nice crowd...~50 some people. Had the Pharmakon Pale Ale...nice tasting hoppy pale ale with a light bitter finish. I was impressed with how the place looked and will be back.

Tedwarhc likes this.
  12. barflybastard

barflybastard Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Pennsylvania

Shit, just saw this.

Tedwarhc likes this.
  13. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

Beautiful spot with a lot of seating. Lustra was the best of the bunch for me.

Tedwarhc likes this.
  14. beerfurious

beerfurious Initiate (0) May 29, 2013 Pennsylvania

Lustra was indeed delicious. I liked Aevum as well. Pharmakon was nice. I did not care for Wonka.

Tedwarhc likes this.
  15. Hoprider

Hoprider Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2009 Pennsylvania

Brewing Up A Cure a week from Tomorrow 7-10pm at PPG Wintergarden. Still a few hundred GA tickets left.

randylangford likes this.
  16. randylangford

randylangford Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2008 Pennsylvania

I really wanted to go to this but ended up having to work

17. Fordcoyote15

Fordcoyote15 Pooh-Bah (2,224) Nov 19, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Has anyone ever seen schlenkerla mini kegs in the area? I'm really wanting to get one or two to take up to my buddies hunting camp next month.

18. randylangford

randylangford Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2008 Pennsylvania

I don't think the wholesaler brings them in. Call frank Fuhrer wholesale and ask.

McMatt7 likes this.
  19. CapCollector16

CapCollector16 Initiate (0) Jan 6, 2015 Ohio

Foshomo will be returning at BG some time this month

TarHeelPanther likes this.
  20. coldy

coldy Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2010 Delaware

Dancing Gnome is legit. Went there and tried a splash of everything...left with a growl of Lustra.
    Nice place. Refreshing to see an opening with a sizable investment . The location is really nice and you can see that a lot of money and effort has been put into the opening and recipes.
    Pretty excited about this place

Tedwarhc likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.