New Brewery near Nationals Park in DC

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Bronsons_stache, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsons_stache

Bronsons_stache Feb 5, 2013 Virginia

vanessa27 likes this.
  2. ipas-for-life

ipas-for-life Feb 28, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I had high hopes for them already but after reading the article in the paper yesterday they are even higher now. That place is going to be a zoo before and after Nats games since there is not much else within walking distance of the ball park.
  3. nimbleprop

nimbleprop Apr 4, 2008 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

I read the article and just got in line for their first release...
    Bronsons_stache and 2dogbrew like this.
  4. Bronsons_stache

Bronsons_stache Feb 5, 2013 Virginia

ipas, you're right. I'm sure there will still the be crowd who sticks to the over-priced beers at the Bullpen/Fairgrounds, but this place should clean up. It's practically a monopoly.
  5. Shaaarrrp

Shaaarrrp Dec 5, 2012 Virginia

Sweet! I look forward to this
  6. TheFunGuy

TheFunGuy Dec 27, 2011 Virginia

The area is still distressed. Game day should be okay, but otherwise use caution and common sense-- for sure after dark.
  7. Swift989

Swift989 Mar 14, 2013 District of Columbia

8. Allsmoke

Allsmoke Aug 11, 2007 Virginia

It's the guys who ran Churchkey right?
  9. BrewUrbanist

BrewUrbanist May 11, 2012 Illinois

Correct, its the Churckey team, and the head brewer was brought in from Cambridge Brewing Company, I think.
  10. Swift989

Swift989 Mar 14, 2013 District of Columbia

Really looking forward to this. They are going to make a ton of unique brews and one offs and seasonals!
  11. machpost

machpost Jun 11, 2005 District of Columbia

A huge Gordon Biersch is opening up between the Metro entrance and the center field gates of Nationals Park, which will hopefully accommodate the folks who just want to get drunk before the game and make Blue Jacket a bit more bearable.
    Chaney, ipas-for-life and alysmith4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!