New Brewery Opening in Arizona...Black Hole Beer Company

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by FremontBar, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FremontBar

FremontBar Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2013 Arizona

Fellow BA's,
    Wanted to be the first to let you know I am opening a brewery/taproom in Prescott, AZ.

"It's official! Eric and Stephanie Marichal owners of Hotel Vendome, Chris Mewhinney owner of Mile Hi Brewing Supply, and a small group of investors are opening Prescott's newest brewery. Black Hole Beer Company will be located off Iron Springs Road in the former Hot Rodz bar and grill location. Besides a brewery and tap room the property will feature a home brew supply store and brew school with rotating class schedule. Scheduled for a January open we will be cranking out some unique and high gravity brews as well as implementing a barrel aging program. Until April our beer will be sold on tap at Hotel Vendome's Fremont Bar and other Prescott locations to be announced. In April we will be launching the grand opening of our tap room which include over 3000 square feet of outdoor space featuring two bocce ball courts, fire pits, and two covered seating areas. We will be posting our progress on here as well as our web site which should be up in the next few weeks. We look forward to sharing a pint with you all."

[​IMG]

Though I have been an official BA member for less than a year, I have spent much of that time meeting great people and increasing my knowledge of everything beer. I am reaching out to the BA community for help with a few things and hope to return the favor with some nice swag and beer.

#1- Social Media - Our Facebook is up and we appreciate any 'likes' and this is a good way for people to follow our progress. https://www.facebook.com/blackholebeer

#2 - Bottles Caps/Beer Cans/Cool Bottles - A couple of our design projects involve an outside bottle cap wall and beer can shingles. I have been saving bottles caps but need many more as well as beer cans. Anyone interested in contributing can BM me for an address. Depending what you send we will be sending back swag which may include stickers, pints, tulips, tee shirts, etc. We are also look for twenty or so rare/cool labeled bombers for a project.

#3 - Kickstarter - We are not too proud to whore ourselves out for a little extra cash to start our barrel aging program, buy additional fermenters, and make our tap room look extra beautiful. We will be launching in early October and anyone that is interested can donate and receive some nice prizes such as the before mentioned swag as well as stay & brew packages at the Hotel Vendome, brewing classes, as well as club memberships.

Thanks all for listening and any one that is interesting in helping us out can BM or FB me.

Cheers,
    Eric

EyePeeAyBryan and 3frog like this.
  2. Dicers

Dicers Grand Pooh-Bah (3,412) Sep 2, 2012 California
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Looks awesome

FremontBar likes this.
  3. smaisch

smaisch Devotee (361) Nov 23, 2009 California

As a native Tucsonan who now lives in LA, but keeps tabs on the beer scene in AZ, I have to say I'm really excited to see what you guys can do. You've got some really strong branding already. Looking forward to trying some beers when I come back into AZ to visit from time to time!

FremontBar likes this.
  4. BearDownCats

BearDownCats Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2013 Arizona

Just took a brew tour a few weeks ago up north (Prescott and Flag) and discovered Granite Mountain last minute through the AZ Brewers Guild. The owner told us there was a fee to join, but it might be worth it to get more exposure. Excited about the place it sounds awesome.

FremontBar likes this.
  5. bigbelcher

bigbelcher Initiate (0) Jul 10, 2003 Arizona

Good, Prescott needs more places. Wish you the best of luck but have you considered changing your name? It's almost as bad as Bad Water Brewing.

6. FremontBar

FremontBar Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2013 Arizona

Good advice, we are actually in the process of joining as we speak, they are a good organization and as mentioned will give us some additional exposure.

7. EyePeeAyBryan

EyePeeAyBryan Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2011 Arizona
    Trader

Their name is bad but their Saison is just F***ING awful! Ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.