New brewery opening in Greensboro

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by JimKal, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimKal

JimKal Zealot (512) Jul 31, 2011 North Carolina

2. pimpinmidget

pimpinmidget Aspirant (299) Mar 20, 2012 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

nice

3. JackTheBear

JackTheBear Initiate (148) Apr 14, 2009 North Carolina
    Beer Trader

Love G'boro. He'll be a welcome addition I'm sure! Look forward to meeting him and checking the place out.

4. redcap45

redcap45 Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012

Pig Pounder is a strange name for a brewery, but congrats to them! I look forward to trying them out the next time I am up there!

5. JimKal

JimKal Zealot (512) Jul 31, 2011 North Carolina

He is just revisiting the old Darryl's mystique. Pig Pounder was the name of a large beer served at the old Darryl's. It will resonate with some of the long time G'boro residents but it probably sounds "different" to those who don't know the old Darry;'s. Granted, I'm hoping that this brewery produces a much finer beer than the old Pig Pounder. It looks like one of the beers he is planning to make is a cask ale. Bring it on!

6. HoppingMadRedCap

HoppingMadRedCap Initiate (0) May 3, 2011 North Carolina

Honestly, I'm quite excited for a new craft brewery to be opening up in Greensboro. But I've been following their facebook page and a little leery about their strategy here. From a marketing standpoint it seems as though they're trying to channel a little Stone attitude. But lacking the panache and, quite frankly, the brews to back it up. I hope the best for them, I'd like to see the craft beer market surge a little more in the Greensboro area. Their strategy just seems a little less tongue in cheek, and more pompous and self righteous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.