Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

New craft beer boutique in Chicago

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by StoutLover4life, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4kbrianb

4kbrianb Jan 2, 2013 California

Cross country shipping....? Please?
  2. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Sep 19, 2012 Illinois

^This would make me never want to open a bottle shop.

STOP ASKING FOR SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they want to ship stuff, they will ANNOUNCE it......Repeatedly asking shops to ship stuff is REALLY annoying and will not make them want to do it.
  3. PlayaPlaya

As for flourscent lights/windows.......LOL

I recognize this is supposed to be a consumer-oriented top notch beer shop. . . . .

But NOBODY has ever complained about EVERY other bottle shop/brewery/bar having flourescent lights DIRECTLY over their beer.

Binnys has flourous over all their beer.. . . . . .Along with every other place that sells beer (at least in Chicago, maybe other cities are better?)
  4. 4kbrianb

deeeep breaths... I know they arent going to ship. And I agree, it is better if they don't. Some beer is regional, so people outside of the region wish it was that simple to get certain bottles. sarcasm via forum is not the best vehicle i guess... my apologies.
  5. mishuggah

mishuggah Jul 14, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

That doesn't change the fact that these things are better for beer. Period.
  6. PlayaPlaya

All I'm saying is....People are complaining(or at the very least pointing out) that this new store has flourous.
    Nobody has ever said anything aboot EVERY other beer store in the world with flourous.
  7. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

uh, actually they will. http://craftbeertemple.com/ (click 'buy')
    Brunite and 4kbrianb like this.
  8. jebsinger

jebsinger Nov 15, 2012 Minnesota

I dropped by last night, and was able to snag the last Central Waters Barley Wine 4 pack. Glad to see another new bottle shop open. Also the taste of Dark Lord they gave me was a great addition to things!
  9. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Feb 8, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Don't forget SmallBar Logan Square!
  10. dvelcich

dvelcich Feb 6, 2008 Illinois

They've also mentioned sun hitting the bottles, which is something Half Acre did when they first came out. All their bottles were in the sun, and I wasn't very experienced back then, so I went home with two skunked six packs of Lager and Over Ale. :(

It's good for people to mention it is all I'm saying.
  11. 4kbrianb

also, just because nobody ever complained or pointed something out, doesn't mean it should be avoided. It is called being a game changer. Some call it revolutionary, but maybe UV protection isn't on that level. But definitely a game changer. I applaud them for doing it, because you know it added to his expenses before they even opened the doors.
    Brunite likes this.
  12. Brunite

Brunite Sep 21, 2009 Illinois

Nobody has stated, that I know of, that every lager and every IPA variant in the Chicago area should be kept in a walk-in fridge vs on a shelf. I am going on record as now requesting this!

Binnys? Woodmans? Teddys? Cardinal? Buehler?
    gill897 likes this.
  13. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Sep 17, 2012

Are you "brohamidali"?
  14. stxSS07

stxSS07 Nov 23, 2010 Illinois

15. PlayaPlaya

No, remember we're the same person! ! ! ! ! !

Don't blow the cover!!!

We've never met, don't know each others names, have ZERO of the same ethnicity in our blood....But the AMAZINGLY SMART people on here figured out that we're the same person with 2 usernames. . . . .
  16. dahorn_spartan

dahorn_spartan Sep 13, 2012 North Carolina

Now I have another potential source to get the local Chicago beer I've come to love when I move to NC! Now I just need to find some time to head down and check this new store out.
  17. mcc1654

mcc1654 Mar 20, 2011 Illinois

If you've never met how do you know you don't have the same ethnicity?
  18. Mjmoser

Mjmoser May 6, 2012 Illinois

It is all part of the ploy....
    jbecke2 likes this.
  19. Maction

Maction Oct 14, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

So when does The Beer Temple officially open?

I stopped by last night, a little before 8:00. The lights were on, and the shelves seemed stocked, but the door was locked.
  20. cmoody91

cmoody91 Mar 21, 2010 Illinois

They're officially open!
    If i remember correctly, hours are 11am-8pm Tues-Sat, 12-5 Sun, closed Monday. I stopped by yesterday afternoon and picked up some stuff. Perhaps he had to shut down early for some reason last night? Or maybe i'm mistaken and he closes at 7.
  21. mpwdoyle

mpwdoyle Apr 29, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I stopped by Monday evening and liked what I saw. I was given a sample of two IPAs and some Cantillon and was recommended a pale ale by Victory, which was just superb. The wine and especially cider selection looks really good (basque cider!) as well.

I wholeheartedly recommend this place. Really great potential.
  22. cmoody91

cmoody91 Mar 21, 2010 Illinois

Yes! Awesome cider collection! Drinking a 2011 Dupont organic bottle now I picked up yesterday and it's fantastic. Super intense barnyard and funk with some yeast for good measure. Chris was really knowledgable and helpful in explaining the various flavor profiles and styles.
  23. immobilisme

immobilisme Nov 8, 2005 Illinois

I am still sore about Beeeeiiiinnnnny's.
    Hugonaut13 and yeahnatenelson like this.
  24. jtg5678

jtg5678 Nov 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Really looking forward to checking this place out. Sounds like Chris has a great thing going.
  25. gill897

gill897 Apr 18, 2008 Illinois

26. willandperry

willandperry Sep 15, 2011 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Long drive from Oklahoma. give me a couple of weeks.
  27. Stevedore

Stevedore Nov 16, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I just watched episode #150 or whichever the one is with the horizontal tasting of CW BB beers. Poor guy, hope he felt better after finishing off the BBS and BB cherry.
  28. quinnsi

quinnsi Nov 22, 2008 Illinois

FYI, new Tint went in today. 99%UV block and 80% visible light blocked, even higher than that in the blue/green spectrum. FWIW!
    Brunite, MarcatGSB, Kubrickx and 4 others like this.
  29. jtg5678

jtg5678 Nov 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Just wanted to say thanks for the service on Saturday. Appreciate the heads up on Paracelsus.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!