New craft beer TV show?

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by originalgoat, Apr 11, 2013.

1. originalgoat

originalgoat Dec 6, 2005 California

pinnser and BushwyckCraft like this.
  2. joeebbs

joeebbs Apr 29, 2009 Pennsylvania

That name is a title and description all in one.

HisBoyElroy and Tacoboomerang like this.
  3. mporter13

mporter13 Jul 13, 2011 Oregon

Pilot episode at Deschutes... I'm in!

4. OMsweetOM

OMsweetOM Feb 1, 2011 California

Caught wind of this right before filming started at Deschutes. Seeing posts of the topics, coverage and pics assured me that it will be QUALITY (with a side of intense craving)

ressling likes this.
  5. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Mar 18, 2010 California

Hopefully they can work out some internet availability for those of us without TV.

alucard6679 and mikeburd1128 like this.
  6. xShoWTeKx

xShoWTeKx Jan 21, 2013 South Carolina
    Beer Trader

already seen all the brewingtv and brewmasters episodes I need another beer show, hopefully this gets aired somewhere.

StylzMC likes this.
  7. GFG

GFG Oct 24, 2012 North Dakota

Surprised nobody really knows about Beergeeks. They've already filmed over 30 episodes at breweries around the country and are supposed to start airing on a nationally syndicated station like ABC or NBC starting this September. The show used to air in the Twin Cities all the time but now that they're going national they got a new host, who doesn't seem the greatest, but hopefully I'm wrong.

http://www.beergeeks.tv/the-show/

MnBg likes this.
  8. Qwest_35

Qwest_35 Feb 4, 2013 Florida
    Beer Trader

Sounds great! I just hope it gets picked up by a major cable channel. I recently started a thread about a craft cable show and the lack thereof. Thanks for the info.

9. ressling

ressling Oct 26, 2011 Georgia

Hope it just shows up on Netflix or Amazon Instant Video. That'd be sweet for us non-cable lovers who use our streaming devices!

10. BarrelAgedBrian

BarrelAgedBrian Mar 31, 2013 Massachusetts

What channel is this going to be on? I don't recall seeing in the article. Either way, I too hope it shows up on Amazon or Netflix :D

11. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

I don't like the name of the show at all but I will DVR the hell out of it. We are certainly missing something like this.

12. EddieB23

EddieB23 Nov 26, 2008 Minnesota

"Beer Geeks" will start airing Nationwide in Syndication (FOX,ABC,NBC & CBS) starting the first week of September. We have a list of the markets we have currently cleared on our website, (www.beergeeks.tv) as well as are clearing new markets at a rate of about 2 per week.

MnBg, DevilsCups, richardflyr and 2 others like this.
  13. BigBadBarrel

BigBadBarrel Mar 5, 2013 Michigan

Please be sure to make Detroit part of that list! With all the great breweries in Michigan, I'm sure you'll find plenty of viewership.

14. EddieB23

We are working to make all 208 TV markets part of that list by the time we air....

comfortablynirm likes this.
  15. GFG

GFG Oct 24, 2012 North Dakota

Don't forget Grand Forks :D

16. HevvyMetalHippie

HevvyMetalHippie Nov 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

What's the consensus on Brewmasters, being cancelled? I read the above mentioned article, read some of the comments about "we all saw what happened with Brewmasters," and the tweet from Bourdain that it was pressure from a big brewery. Do people think it was that, or low ratings?

17. joeebbs

joeebbs Apr 29, 2009 Pennsylvania

Bourdain has said multiple times that it was pressure from a big brewery. I don't know if he is much of a conspiracy theorist so I'd take some stock in what he said.

18. Leebo

Leebo Feb 7, 2013 Massachusetts

Wouldn't have anything to do with BMC as an advertiser.

19. frazbri

frazbri Oct 29, 2003 Ohio

Being that Brewmasters was produced by the same production group as Bordain's shows, I do believe where there's smoke there's fire. On top of that, Discovery constantly moved Brewmasters air times giving it little chance of gaining a regular audience. I would have liked to see it get a fair chance to succeed.

pcsnyder likes this.
  20. Lutter

Lutter Jun 30, 2010 Texas

I heard from Sam Caligione himself that it was pressure from advertisers... it was MillerCoors, IIRC.

21. Kreko7

Kreko7 Mar 5, 2013 California

Brewmasters was an awesome show!

22. BeachBumC

BeachBumC Jul 8, 2008 Texas

23. Vav

Vav Jul 27, 2008 Illinois

There's another one in the works too, by the people that did the documentary Crafting A Nation...they got tapped to do a pilot for a TV show version of it, which they've already filmed, about going to Darklord Day.

(Full Disclosure: they interviewed me for it.)

24. BeachBumC

BeachBumC Jul 8, 2008 Texas

This is the concept I've been working on. I’m very excited that we recently shot the pilot episode with Deschutes Brewery in Bend and we just released a preview for the show!!

We have not sold it to a network or channel yet but are beginning that process.

You can check out the preview on our new You Tube channel and share it with your food and beer loving friends! Cheers!

You can also "like" the Facebook page athttp://www.facebook.com/breweriesbarsandbeerfood

25. Shogun730

Shogun730 May 17, 2013 California

That looks awesome, beachbumc

26. thedoubler55

thedoubler55 Apr 11, 2010 New Jersey

27. AngelM

AngelM Mar 4, 2013 California

If honey boo boo can be aired I don't see ehy you guys can't. Best of luck and hope to see you on the air soon!

28. nicholasofcusa

nicholasofcusa Jan 14, 2006 Pennsylvania

Today I read that the Esquire Network (currently G4) launching in September will be featuring a show about breweries. I know nothing more than that.

29. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Apr 16, 2005 California

I can't say much about it but a friend and fellow BA recently got a job working on that, and it sounds great from what he's told me. Looking forward to hopefully both Breweries, Beers & Bar Food as well as the Esquire series airing soon.

30. EddieB23

BEER GEEKS TAPS MAJOR CLEARANCES FOR SEPTEMBER PREMIERE
    First nationally syndicated craft beer show is produced by Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives Creator
    MINNEAPOLIS, MN. June 3, 2013: BEER GEEKS, the first ever nationally syndicated series about all things Craft Beer is on a roll. Clearances for the first 22 episodes have now exceeded 40%, including New York, Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, Seattle and Denver and many more. First season shooting wraps later this month in Portland, Oregon.

Beer Geeks” (22 x 30’) is hosted by Michael Ferguson, Director of Brewing Operations for BJ’s Restaurants. A leading pioneer in the industry, Michael will take viewers on a voyeuristic, inclusive and immersive road trip into the heart of America's ongoing love affair with beer, melding the fun and enjoyment of the craft beer world with the passion, accuracy and respect for the beer-making process that only a true industry veteran can provide. And Beer Geeks is true to the genuine hands-on craft of brewing, celebrating the beer and those who are creating it with respect, admiration, and passion for the real craft
    – No stunts or gimmicks.

The creators of this series, Matt Sandell and Ed Bremer, are craft beer veterans, key players in the craft beer explosion in Minnesota and the Upper Midwest. “I carry over 1,000 different craft beers due to customer demand,” says Bremer, who owns a successful liquor store in the Twin Cities. “More and more people are discovering and loving craft beer. It’s time for a television show to serve that exploding market.”

To make that happen, Sandell and Bremer have partnered with producer David Page, creator and Executive Producer for eleven seasons of the Food Network’s mega-hit Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. According to Page, Beer Geeks tackles the world of craft beer the same way DDD tackles the world of food – from the inside, combining information with passion and fun.

We’ll meet the characters fueling the craft beer explosion - often unique, always-colorful men and women with a real commitment to doing something special with the drink the world has enjoyed since biblical times.

In its first season Beer Geeks takes us to breweries all across the country (one per episode) - including California, Massachusetts, Colorado, Oregon, Wisconsin, Texas, and Minnesota - featuring the inside story of making some of the world’s greatest, most unique, and interesting brews. Season One shooting wraps in Portland later this month and Season Two is in the works. Brewery suggestions for Season Two should be sent to info@Beergeeks.tv.

Episodes feature some of the biggest names in beer - pioneers such as Boston Beer Company (Sam Adams) founder Jim Koch; Lost Abbey and Port Brewing founder Tomme Arthur; Avery Brewing Company’s Adam Avery; Odell Brewing Company’s Doug Odell; Harpoon Brewery founders Rich Doyle and Dan Kenary; and Stone Brewing Company founder Greg Koch – as well as the innovative, hard working and often visionary owners and brewers at small but growing breweries turning out some remarkable beers of their own.

And the Beer Geeks crew goes beyond the breweries, taking viewers inside the entire process of creating handcrafted beers, with visits to a hop farm, a specialty grain producer, even a coffee roaster who makes a special blend for one brewery’s bourbon barrel coffee stout. We trek into the Colorado mountains to harvest juniper branches for a juniper beer, visit a candy-maker to create rock candy for a Belgian style beer, and much more.

Each episode will be entertaining and informative – including segments on cooking with beer, and pairing various beers with food. Michael Ferguson strongly believes beer goes better with food than wine, and each week he will sit down for a meal with brewers and chefs to show viewers why – and how to do it at home.

Beer Geeks premieres in September, 2013 with clearances including New York, Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, Tampa, Denver, Orlando, Portland, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and stations from Raycom, Sinclair, Tribune, Gray, Hearst, Journal Broadcast, Lin, Media General and Meredith station groups.
    The Television Syndication Company (TVS) is handling syndication. Contact Lisa Romine at lisa@tvsco.com for further information.
    For Ad sales, please contact Buff Parham, Parham & Associates, LLC, buffparham@gmail.com, 927-685-4440

For more information about the show and for interviews contact Beer Geek Ed Bremer, Ed@Beergeeks.tv

Dizbro21 and QuakeAttack like this.
  31. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

According to Alan's twitter feed, they were filming at Hair of the Dog yesterday, I think.

32. daepnyc

daepnyc May 23, 2013

I would watch this show religiously.

33. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Mar 19, 2012 California

What channel would Beer Geeks be on? My poor kids...

34. jkane101

jkane101 Sep 22, 2007 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I sent them an email suggesting they put Kane brewery on their schedule.

Nadlerjordan likes this.
  35. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Mar 19, 2012 California

I hate replying to my own post. It doesn't look to be on a national channel, but local channels. It doesn't look to be going yet the SF Bay Area...

36. EddieB23

Yes we were...

37. Hanzo

Hanzo Feb 27, 2012 Virginia

Thanks goodness for the internet then.

ystazi likes this.
  38. EddieB23

We are on the ABC,NBC,CBS or FOX affiliate in the majority of the cities we have cleared, we update the list on our website www.beergeeks.tv as we clear new markets. If you want to see it in your city, contact your local station and tell them you want to see Beer Geeks TV.

39. nick1257

nick1257 Mar 8, 2012 Massachusetts

If any of these shows take off that could push craft beer on to a whole different realm of popularity.

40. MnBg

MnBg Oct 15, 2012 Minnesota

Beer geeks is syndicated, each city or market may be different... The website beergeeks.tv will post info on the re launch of a new website they are working on now. Right now we are in 60 markets or 50% of the united states and ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox ar e the majority of channels who have picked us up.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe