Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Sep 9, 2010 Connecticut

I think they were only starting to brew it earlier this week, so maybe 2 weeks max?

2. clord717

clord717 Feb 26, 2011 Connecticut

They were mashing yesterday.

3. polishkaz

polishkaz May 30, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

So what time do they open on Thursdays? Happy to have the day off, won't hurt to run down and grab some growlers of this.

4. smutty33

smutty33 Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'm sure you can head down there now to get a fill.They are def. open.
    I'll be stopping by saturday if you want to meet up for a brew or 2 at the brewery.

Cheers

5. polishkaz

polishkaz May 30, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Unfortunately I'll be MA Saturday morning and not sure when I'm getting back. If I am around at 2 I'd definitely come down and share a few with you but as it stands now its not likely. Off to grab supernaut and coup beans for now!

smutty33 likes this.
  6. sandman3479

sandman3479 Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I might be down for a meetup around say... 1:30 or 2?

Maybe get Joel and Joe to head down too?

7. DrWangerBanger

In case anyone is wondering, growlers of supernaut are $10 and apparently they only have enough hops to brew it once more this year.

8. alexgash

alexgash Jun 18, 2003 Connecticut

Just picked up 2 growlers of supernaut! Can't wait to un-growler them this weekend...

9. smutty33

Beer Trader

Sounds good D.....lets do this.

Cheers

10. sandman3479

Beer Trader

I have a wedding to go to in Avon and need to be there around 5ish, and have to work til around 1, so I'll see if I can fit it in. Give me a call tomorrow, and we'll finalize.

11. drewj23

drewj23 Oct 18, 2005 Connecticut

They are working on that this week.

12. pjs234

pjs234 Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

13. clord717

So good!! Was there around 130p and they were already on their 3rd keg. Hurry up guys

14. Pahn

Pahn Dec 2, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

ack, no way i'll be able to make it to CT this weekend. send some to our shitty NYC bars!

15. Timmush

Timmush Jan 5, 2008 New Jersey

they have great beers but a horrible website.;)
    What are their hours tomorrow?

16. JLoPMac

JLoPMac Jan 2, 2013 New York

Yea the website isn't the best, but their Facebook page is solid and they update that a lot.

17. clord717

11-6

18. DrWangerBanger

That's what I thought the hours were, too, but I think they changed them since the sign in their window now says "12-6" for all weekdays. That being said, I walked in at 11:20 today just to make sure and they still let me fill my growlers up. I would assume that was an exception, not the rule.

19. drewj23

The website has been outdated for years so they went to Facebook and twitter.

20. Timmush

Timmush Jan 5, 2008 New Jersey

hmm. I called and no answer. I am driving up from NJ to Boston to work the fest and if they are open at 11 I can go, if not til 12, I wont have time to make it up for my shift...

21. woosterbill

woosterbill Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Take the Merritt and show up at 11. I'll be shocked if they turn you away, and even if by some strange chance they do you'll be out a grand total of about 5 minutes - it's literally right off the parkway, hardly any farther than a gas station for a pit stop.

22. blckout20

blckout20 May 24, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

This is correct from what I could gather being there this afternoon. Supernaut is great. Might have to go back for another growler before its gone. Galaxy is on the schedule along with scrumtulescent saison, looking forward to both.

23. PetieP

PetieP Apr 27, 2011 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Hey guys. Im heading to the brewery Saturday afternoon. Anyone know if they take plastic, or if its cash sales only? Also, i got the heads up a while back about a beer store "down the road" that's a good source for their stuff if the brewery is sold out of something, but cant find where it was. Ring a bell? Also, any other general info would be great.

...any chance ill find GB?

24. Knifestyles

Knifestyles Jun 7, 2005 New York

Cash only.

I'd imagine the store you're talking about is Amity Wine & Spirit (the 95 Amity road location).

Not sure about any Gandhi Bot sightings around New Haven, unfortunately (I know it's available in lower Fairfield County, though).

25. Pahn

Pahn Dec 2, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

it's definitely amity you're thinking of, and it's a good source for like gandhi bot and 668 (and IST when it comes out) and such, but if stuff like the 1-off IPAs kicks, you're just out of luck for home consumption. however, if you keep your eyes on draft lists around new haven you can still end up with a taste.

p.s. amity's worth checking out anyway; good selection, and better prices than the hartford area at least. if you decide to eat at prime 16 (e.g. for the barrel aged old rasputin) or cask republic, the wine thief is right there and worth checking out on the off chance they have a rarity or something.

26. smutty33

Beer Trader

They likey facebook,not so much likey website.

Cheers

27. sandman3479

Beer Trader

Think we should be a go for 2PM tomorrow...

28. LambAndTunaPhish

LambAndTunaPhish Nov 16, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

smutty33 likes this.
  29. sandman3479

Beer Trader

30. smutty33

Beer Trader

Ok,I should be there earlier,see you then.

Cheers

31. sandman3479

Beer Trader

Sounds good!

And if anybody wants to do any IP trades, let me know, I have a ton of stuff...

32. xanok

xanok Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Was just at Amity an hour ago and no luck with Gandhi. In fact, I didn't find anything there really worth buying today.

Also, snagged four growlers today. Two of Coup Beans and two of Supernaught. It was hoppin though when I got there. Probably 10 or so people there. Not sure how much Supernaught they brewed, but I don't see it lasting too long.

33. drewj23

For tommorow's fill 668, supernaut, sea hag, 668. Plenty of empty growlers.

davey101 and sandman3479 like this.
  34. drewj23

Oops last keg of coup beans. Sorry repeating 668.

35. smutty33

Beer Trader

Had the Supernaut on cask(Double Dry-Hopped) at Mikro 2nite x3.

Dee-Licious indeed.

Cheers All........:D

davey101 and sandman3479 like this.
  36. davey101

davey101 Apr 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Haha, I got the same exact growler fills as you and I stopped into Amity and didn't find anything too exciting to buy either.

In other news Redrum, was drained from the barrels today :D

cheers55, xanok, Pahn and 2 others like this.
  37. aranton

aranton Apr 3, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

I know it's a bit of a drive from Amity but Coastal in Branford still had some gandhi sitting on shelves.

davey101 likes this.
  38. davey101

Beer Trader

It also hit the Hartford market last week. The store I bought mine in had a one four pack limit and its all gone now, but some other stores may still have some (Harvest perhaps?)

39. thegerm87

thegerm87 Aug 26, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

So do you think we can expect it to be released by next weekend?!

40. davey101

Beer Trader

I was told a week or so but who knows. I think they are just waiting on the labels now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe