1. Join us for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest on Sat, Sept 17 in Portland, Maine. Limited tickets still available: beeradvocate.com/belgian
    Dismiss Notice

New England Brewing Co lookout thread

Discussion in 'New England' started by DrWangerBanger, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SenorHops

SenorHops Aug 10, 2010 Rhode Island

Do cans of gandhi Bot ever get out of Connecticut anymore. I haven't seen this stuff in RI or Mass. in over a year.

2. braugon

braugon Mar 14, 2013 Connecticut

KBS was insane.

but i mean, gandhi has been pretty accessible in the greater new haven area the last year or so, i've been walking out stores without making a purchase only to be asked as im opening the door to leave, "sir, was there anything you were looking for?" "oh gandhi bot?? why yes, i have one left." o_O

3. LambAndTunaPhish

LambAndTunaPhish Nov 16, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Yes it makes it out of the state... to New York.

sandman3479 likes this.
  4. Busker

Busker Apr 17, 2008 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

it has been very accessible except for this last release. My friend in Hartford was drinking it for two weeks before I can get a 4 pack at Amity across the street from the brewery. Hopefully with the new tanks and canning line we will see more sooner.

Bizoneill likes this.
  5. sandman3479

sandman3479 Dec 8, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

A bunch is/was available in the Capitol Region/Albany area a few weeks ago.

6. sandman3479

Beer Trader

They switch up what counties they send it to with each batch made. Therefore, your friend got the "Hartford County" batch. You got the "New Haven County" batch. Each batch isn't sent to distro to spread thinly accross the state...

smutty33 and RMoeNay like this.
  7. Busker

Beer Trader

thank god - it is spread thin enough

8. drewj23

drewj23 Oct 18, 2005 Connecticut

Look. Gandhi bot is made very frequently. They make batches for each county, send to the distributor. Everyone hears the demands and complaints of beers not available. Once the beer is available at the brewery it is announced. Once it is canned(by hand for a few more weeks) sent out, it's out of their hands. The amount of bot sent out is the same as Any of their beers, it's just how the distributor sends it out. Also, with galaxy, Weiss and Coriolis, bot is still in the rotation.

sandman3479, smutty33, CTJman and 3 others like this.
  9. DrWangerBanger

DrWangerBanger Sep 9, 2010 Connecticut

Don't take the gandhi complaints too seriously, for every person actually complaining on here, there are probably 2 dozen people like me who aren't all that bothered by it remaining silent. The complaints are coming from a vocal minority.

10. TheJerkstore

TheJerkstore Mar 19, 2013 New York

I was at the NE Brewery today and they said the latest batch should be canned in a week/week and a half and should be avail in 2 weeks in CT and a little later beyond that. At the brewery they were pouring Sea Hag, Elm City and Galaxy PA. They had 668 in cans in some of the nearby liquor stores, but not at the brewery

11. Ultra-Plinian

Ultra-Plinian Mar 1, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

My place saves it for me. I probably shouldn't advertise that. But its true. I hate it when they play favorites, unless, of course I am one of the favorites.

TheJerkstore likes this.
  12. Nickfellow007

Nickfellow007 Feb 22, 2011 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

When Rob said Coriolis was coming soon...does anyone think that would possibly be this weekend soon?

13. woosterbill

woosterbill Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Not that soon; as of this past Wednesday they still hadn't gotten the hops to brew it, so it'll be at least a couple more weeks. Matt told me July was a safe bet, but didn't specify early, middle, or late.

This new batch of Galaxy is 100% worth an immediate visit, though, and I was also blown away by how good the latest Elm City was as well. That beer never gets any love on here due to its style, but it's a damn fine Pilsner.

14. xanok

xanok Aug 13, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

NEBC doesn't go to Mass or RI anymore period. NEBC/Gandhi does get to NY State though

15. Busker

Beer Trader

I believe they signed with Remarkable Liquids earlier this year for NY State

smutty33 likes this.
  16. SenorHops

SenorHops Aug 10, 2010 Rhode Island

There's no longer any distribution to those states? Wow. That really sucks.

17. Busker

Beer Trader

As long as the latest Sea Hag is available I am very happy...it has beomce my go to beer for this Summer.

woosterbill, codasnap52 and smutty33 like this.
  18. sandman3479

Beer Trader

Pretty sure they occasionally make it to RI still. Out of MA though.

19. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

I've been drinking a ton of Elm City recently, and it has grown on me so much. It really is a fantastic beer.

20. BriceNice

BriceNice Jun 23, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Anyone have any info on Weisse Trash release time frame? I'm away on vacation July 5-16, so I'm assuming it'll get released while I'm gone..

21. pjs234

pjs234 Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

Been a tad out of the loop lately... when was Gandhi Bot last distributed to hartford county? Was going to make a few calls to see if anyone has it in, but won't bother if it has not been here in the past few weeks.

22. thegerm87

thegerm87 Aug 26, 2011 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

About two weeks ago I heard two weeks (so today), but I haven't heard anything lately. Gonna stop by after work regardless.

23. BriceNice

BriceNice Jun 23, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Cool, let me know if you get any updates when there.

24. thegerm87

Beer Trader

Galaxy, elm city, sea hag on today. Chardonneighbor and Weiss trash "really soon". Should be within a week or two I guess.

smutty33 likes this.
  25. Busker

Beer Trader

awesome - any news on amounts? Hopefully more than 300 bottles of the Chard this time around

26. Pahn

Pahn Dec 2, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

27. thegerm87

Beer Trader

I was told twice as much as redrum, limits to be determined.

28. drewj23

Sadly mistaken. Only one barrel was done. Last year was more.

29. CTBeerPope

CTBeerPope Jan 30, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

There's gonna be a 4 bottle limit

30. CTBeerPope

Beer Trader

Drew, I'm an awful man.

31. drewj23

No worries.

32. woosterbill

woosterbill Apr 6, 2009 Kentucky
    Beer Trader

Wasn't last year only one barrel as well? And isn't this year's in 375s instead of 500s? Shouldn't there be slightly more bottles if that's the case, like 350 instead of 300?

33. Busker

Beer Trader

Galaxy, 668 & Sea Hag on tap today

34. drewj23

4 bottle limit, thought you were talking amount in comparison to redrum which had 1000.

35. dortenzio1991

dortenzio1991 Aug 12, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Harry's does this too when it comes in but they will sell to anyone who asks about it they dont play favorites. Black Rock and Premier both put it out on their shelves when it comes in.

Bizoneill likes this.
  36. Drufus

Drufus Apr 23, 2007 Connecticut

I fully agree. It was very difficult not to polish off the entire 4-pack in one sitting last night!This stuff is seriously amazing. My palate thinks Gandi is the best double IPA I have ever imbibed. What's that hard to find canned DIPA from VT? Head something??? No need for that :)

jaxon53 and Pahn like this.
  37. pjs234

pjs234 Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

Anyone else in the West Hartford area notice that Sea Hag is completely sold out in most places? Tried Harvest, Max Bev, and CT Bev Mart and no Sea Hag to be found....

38. ScottieD

ScottieD Jul 30, 2011 Connecticut
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I couldn't agree more. Had Galaxy Wednesday at NEBCO and it was terrific (drinking from a growler of it right now). Sea Hag was great as usual, but was quite pleased with Elm City. It really was tasty.

39. CTBeerPope

Beer Trader

U could always come.see me in Haddam :)

40. CTBeerPope

Beer Trader

For the Chardonneighbor theres 446 bottles

CTJman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe