New England Brewing Company (March 2017)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (201) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

New month, new NEBCO thread

https://www.facebook.com/New-England-Brewing-Co-58798029455/

https://twitter.com/NewEnglandBrew

Instagram too: https://www.instagram.com/taproom_at_newenglandbrewing/

A new website is coming soon (allegedly :rolling_eyes:): http://newenglandbrewing.com/

New England Brewing Tap Room

175 Amity Rd. Woodbridge, CT.

Open Wed - Fri 3pm - 7pm, Sat 11am-4pm.

Draft list updated about an hour before we open, listing our growler fill options! So check the above links (and facebook, if you have an account) for the current list.

FAQ (info provided by some outstanding BA members)

You can pay with credit card or cash.

You have an option to fill your non-NEBCO growler. Please remember to bring your own caps.

The growler cannot be of the long neck swing-top style, since they tend to break under their taps.

You can buy a new NEBCO growler glass there.

Limit of 4 TOTAL fills (32 or 64 oz.) and 2 fills maximum (32 or 64 oz.) per "style".

Does NEBCO distribute to local bottle shops?
    Sea Hag is readily available. 668 is fairly accessible but might be a bit dated (not a huge deal as it is a Belgian Golden Strong so freshness is less of a factor). G-Bot is nearly impossible unless you catch it right and know the secret password or are a regular. Best get is the brewery where all "regular" offerings are almost always on and their other tap selections are as good if not better than their can offerings.

What happens if cans are available at the brewery?
    If Coriolis cans were available that day at a limit of half a case, then the following applies:
    Per the Facebook: "CT State regulations limit 9 liters per customer per day so if you buy a half case we can only sell two 64 oz and one 32 oz growler in addition."

How often does Coriolis cans become available at the brewery?
    They said every 5 weeks. Just enough to last a few days and people get 12 cans. If they miss it, then it will come back around real soon.

Finally:

Exciting news here at NEB! We are proud to announce a new member to our growing family; a person who is no stranger to the industry and CT craft beer scene.

Marty Juliano has joined our team and will be our Director of Business Development. He brings over 35 years of diverse experience and wonderful relationships to team and will help lead us into our next phase of growth. Marty has spent the last 10 years with Sierra Nevada managing the brand in CT, MA and RI working with distributors, retailors and on premise accounts. We hope you are as excited as we are in welcoming Marty to NEB!

Congratulation Marty! Hope you now open a BA account and join us on this monthly thread. Most breweries choose to join us on their monthly threads to chime in and interact with their customers. We've been waiting for somebody from NEBCO to be a resource to this thread. Hopefully, it will be you. Cheers.

2. JLK7299

JLK7299 Zealot (568) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Heres to another great month NEBCO peeps! Went 2 weeks ago for the first time since summer and loved the new Spin City!

3. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aspirant (228) Oct 27, 2007 Connecticut

* - Spin Cycle :slight_smile:

If you are expecting re-runs of the Michael J. Fox comedy, you will be disappointed (but that's about the only way you'd be disappointed in NEBCO recently)!

Lupin and JLK7299 like this.
  4. JLK7299

Subscriber Beer Trader

Was a great show though!

5. aqi317

aqi317 Initiate (139) Jul 28, 2016 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Spin Cycle #1 was kicked today, and replaced with Dose for people contemplating a trip tomorrow or Saturday!

Shyla987 likes this.
  6. beanoboy7

beanoboy7 Aspirant (237) Jun 22, 2014 Connecticut

Release of BBA IST should be soon right?

7. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (199) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Was just wondering the same thing. I believe it's been released Jan/Feb in past years.

8. 3underscore

3underscore Initiate (108) Aug 13, 2015 Connecticut

Coriolis can release today.

9. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Initiate (180) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

And Ekuanotic G-Botic DIPA on tap? Sounds interesting.

10. JLK7299

Subscriber Beer Trader

yes it does!

11. beanoboy7

beanoboy7 Aspirant (237) Jun 22, 2014 Connecticut

12. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (148) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Finally, NEB is doing things right. I reckon Marty had a lot to do with this change in direction and it is definitely for the better.

13. Phishagonia

Phishagonia Disciple (339) Jan 28, 2011 Connecticut
    Subscriber

Those lines will be long. Does anyone know if they have the room/plan on adding more parking?

14. JLK7299

Subscriber Beer Trader

Double Fuzzy or regular? Regular has been known for awhile.
    Spin Cycle is a HUGE deal!

NEBCO fighting, love it!

15. Phishagonia

Phishagonia Disciple (339) Jan 28, 2011 Connecticut
    Subscriber

Sounds like he mentioned both Fuzzy and Double Fuzzy.

16. CTHopman

He also mentioned Spin Cycle but that would seem least likely to be canned. First of all, 10 bbl doesn't yield too much (assuming they are truly only brewing 10 bbl batches a la Fat Ten-er) and you need to register and have approv d a new "label" for each beer canned.
    Regardless, they are definitely moving in the right direction, save for what is sure to be, parking fiascos galore.

17. Ultra-Plinian

Ultra-Plinian Disciple (370) Mar 1, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

For the "label", can't they do like Night Shift Morph or One Hop This Time. Can and art stays the same, but the can date on the bottom has the changing info or batch number and then you can look up the info that you want / need.

smutty33 likes this.
  18. pbrian

pbrian Zealot (528) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Or like Firefly Hollow, just slap a sticker on the generic can.

19. purephase

purephase Initiate (165) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'm pretty sure the first Spin Cycle was more than 10 bbl and the future ones will be too. I was told that was one of the reasons they didn't use the Ten-er name.

smutty33 likes this.
  20. CTHopman

I think CT licensing laws are different.

21. CTHopman

Haven't seen Firefly cans but I think a "sticker" needs to go through the same process, approval and licensing fee as a "can sleeve" (ie. Weiss Trash) as a formal pre-printed (permanent) format. I may be wrong though.

22. hit728

hit728 Devotee (426) Mar 19, 2013 Connecticut
    Subscriber Beer Trader

One week after release I can still get Coriolis cans. Times are changing.

beanoboy7 likes this.
  23. CTHopman

And a full case to boot!

24. 3underscore

They significantly increased the batch from last year and fair play to them. A year round (if infrequent) brewery release should not sell out in a day or two if you want to give your supporters a chance. If it doesn't result in mania and clears quickly enough it is the best outcome for them. Given location - and being fair - it might possibly mean they can release beers in an orderly fashion without huge lines.

Shyla987 and beanoboy7 like this.
  25. Lupin

Lupin Aspirant (288) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

There's also the fact that on a relatively small local trading group, I saw about a dozen offers for Coriolis after the first release.. Now that people have realized they can't pawn off half their allotment in trades, these posts don't get made after subsequent releases. Looking forward to the same mad rush after the first FBD canning.

mjco04 likes this.
  26. 3underscore

Start the line now. They are planning to release fuzzy cans next week.

27. smutty33

smutty33 Zealot (580) Jun 12, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'm sure this 1st FBD can release is gonna be a bit crazy as far as turnout. Looking forward to when hopefully you can go and grab some without much hassle like this past Coriolis release.

Cheers to NEBCo. !

PierogiSmash and PenningtonNY10 like this.
  28. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Initiate (180) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

Yep, I will be steering clear of NEBCO for this one!

29. purephase

Beer Trader

I honestly just started cracking up when I saw the $48 case price just now.

30. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Disciple (330) May 13, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

Assuming it's 24 cans in a case... $2 per Can, a $12 6-pack?

Seems very reasonable to me...

CTHopman likes this.
  31. CTHopman

I agree entirely. Considering they don't (as of prior can/bottle releases) charge tax or deposit, it actually equates to $10.99/sixer. Can't think of another IPA except perhaps Hag in that format at that price.

32. purephase

Beer Trader

Oh yeah, if I wasn't clear I was cracking up because of how reasonable it was. It's definitely quite a bit lower than what they could get away with as well as what I imagine a lot of the breweries in the region would charge for a release like this.

smutty33, skleice and reefer_bob like this.
  33. Dschwartz83

Dschwartz83 Initiate (173) Feb 1, 2013 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

Assuming this has shit show written all over it. What time do you think one would need to arrive?

Also curious where overfill parking is once lot is full? I've never been on a release day.

34. CTHopman

Park across the street at Stop & Shop. I would think if you are there by 11:30 you should be fine. With no FBD in growlers, they should have at least 500 cases. I would expect the wait to be about an hour unless you get there at 9 in which case you will wait 3 hours or after noon in which case you might end up missing out. I reckon many working folk will be taking an "early lunch or waking up tomorrow with some sort of ailment that precludes them from going to work. The FB postings are already rampant with this "strategy".

Dschwartz83 likes this.
  35. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Disciple (330) May 13, 2014 California
    Beer Trader

I guess I'm getting jaded... just too much hate going on, I just assumed.... :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

36. Dschwartz83

Beer Trader

Thanks for the input! I'm pretty sure I'm going to take the drive. This is one I've been after for a while.

Any suggestions for a good lunch/taplist in the area as well? Thanks again!

37. CTHopman

About 15 minutes away but New Haven. Try DeLegna or Modern for great pizza and a decent tap list. You can also try Prime 16, Cask Republic or Beer Collective, "upscale" pub food (small plates, tapas) with superb beer selections. They should all have their tap lists on their web pages. Good luck, it is a fantastic brew. Contemplating taking an "extended" lunch break myself:grinning:

Dschwartz83 likes this.
  38. CTHopman

There is also a fantastic bottle shop about 1/2 mile from the brewery right on the Woodbridge/New Haven line called Amity Wine and Spirits. The selection is unreal. Slightest of chances to score some G-Bot or Sip of Sunsine but,nevertheless, you will not walk out of there empty handed. I promise you.

CraigMack61 and Dschwartz83 like this.
  39. Dschwartz83

Beer Trader

Thanks again for all of your help! I've stopped at this bottle shop on previous visits and you are correct, have never walked out empty handed! Lol

CraigMack61 likes this.
  40. NicDacey

NicDacey Aspirant (251) Mar 1, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'm sure they're very happy collecting all that margin on this beer. Hag is $9.99 retail, so I assume they sell it in the realm of $5 a six pack wholesale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.