New from Southwest Ohio

Discussion in 'New Members' started by CAPace09, Sep 11, 2019 at 2:06 PM.

1. CAPace09

CAPace09 Initiate (0) Wednesday

Hello, everyone. I'm new from the Dayton, Ohio, area, though I go to grad school in Cincinnati. I love trying new food and new craft beer. Still trying to figure out how pairing works, but not too worried about that.

I'm excited to learn more about beer from this site! As Germans say, "Prosit!"

dcotom, PatrickCT, riptorn and 4 others like this.
  2. Dutchcraftbeergeek

Dutchcraftbeergeek Crusader (741) Nov 21, 2015 Netherlands

3. scream

scream Meyvn (1,102) Dec 6, 2014 Wisconsin
    Society

Welcome to the BA Forums and enjoy ! When you have the chance go to the Beer Talk Forum and the What Beer Are You Drinking Now thread to tell us what you are enjoying !!

4. PapaGoose03

PapaGoose03 Poo-Bah (2,471) May 30, 2005 Michigan
    Society

Welcome to the BA site, CAPace09. When you figure out he beer/food pairing let me know. I've gone to a number of pairing at breweries and restaurants, and the only pairing that I've seen multiple times is for dessert -- anything chocolate paired with an imperial stout, frequently a barrel-aged stout. Although I've always likes the beers and food items individually, no pairings have ever seemed complimentary to me.

There's a foodie thread currently on the first page of the Beer Talk forum that might help you https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/we-need-a-foodie-to-pair-beers.622722/#post-6624100 Also a link to a search that I did of that forum when asking for any thread title that has the word 'food' in it:
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/commun...&t=post&o=date&g=1&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=39

Enjoy your time on the site, but don't forget to study hard too.

5. Mark-Leggett

Mark-Leggett Savant (938) Jul 30, 2014 Missouri
    Society

Hello and welcome to BA. OH..............IO!!!!

dcotom, PatrickCT, riptorn and 3 others like this.
  6. Squire

Squire Poo-Bah (2,269) Jul 16, 2015 Mississippi
    Society Trader

Hello CAPace, welcome to BA. There's much here to explore and participate as well so feel free to join the conversation.

dcotom, PatrickCT, riptorn and 3 others like this.
  7. Amendm

Amendm Zealot (541) Jun 7, 2018 Rhode Island
    Society

Welcome to the board CAPace09. As far as pairings go-pair what you like with what you like.
    Have fun.

Squire, dcotom, PatrickCT and 3 others like this.
  8. riptorn

riptorn Initiate (161) Apr 26, 2018 North Carolina
    Trader

HI there @CAPace09 and welcome to Beer Advocate.

You can certainly find find folks (or articles) saying you should have beer style "A" with food "B", but it's much more personal than that. As an example, my hands-down favorite combo is a thick stout with a thick grilled steak. What about the poor soul who doesn't like stouts (gasp!), are they relegated to not enjoying their steak to the fullest? Nah, over time they'll find another combo that's just as good to them as the stout/steak is to me.

So, pairing works when it works for you. Just pay attention to the bite and the sip, and why it is/isn't spot on for you......it's all about you and your buds, bud. :beers:

Squire, Mark-Leggett, dcotom and 3 others like this.
  9. PatrickCT

PatrickCT Poo-Bah (1,977) Feb 18, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

Welcome and Cheers from CT!

Squire, Mark-Leggett, riptorn and 3 others like this.
  10. dcotom

dcotom Poo-Bah (2,244) Aug 4, 2014 Iowa
    Society Trader

Cheers, and welcome from a displaced south Columbus hillbilly!

Squire, Mark-Leggett, riptorn and 2 others like this.
  11. zeff80

zeff80 Poo-Bah (10,231) Feb 6, 2006 Missouri

Cheers and welcome to BA!

Amendm, Squire, dcotom and 3 others like this.