New/Hybrid Styles (White Stout)

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by ShogoKawada, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Scalzo

Scalzo Feb 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

hahah jokes on you!

i have 12 in my cellar

2. kzoobrew

kzoobrew May 8, 2006 Michigan

HA! Joke is on you!

White Stouts fall apart notoriously fast. You'd be lucky to get a bottle of four year old Pliny for the lot.

Scalzo likes this.
  3. MADhombrewer

MADhombrewer Jun 4, 2008 Oregon

Cascade has "oblique black and white coffe stout" on tap now. It is the color of a clear Pale Ale. Big flavor and aroma of coffee. A damn fantastic beer. But "stout"? I am not so sure. Should be a coffee Plae ale. Mouthfeel is that of a pale and has low hoppiness. I have a growler of it in the frige. I will post a picture if I open it tonight.

I assume people would want to call it a stout if there are aromas and flavors of coffee, chocolate, and roasted nuts. I think that is streching it. Maybe because of the ABV thing but Guinness is only 4.2%.

4. Scalzo

Scalzo Feb 27, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

5. jakesingleton

jakesingleton Nov 2, 2011 Arizona

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!