New in Kentucky

Discussion in 'South' started by Nhens0016, Apr 10, 2016.

1. slangtruth

slangtruth Initiate (117) Jan 8, 2012 Kentucky

Is the packaged West Sixth Christmas Ale scarcer this year? I've only seen it in one store around me where it was all over last year.

2. tsgooch79

tsgooch79 Aspirant (270) May 6, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

I’ve seen it just about everywhere around Lexington and the surrounding areas, including some Krogers. Not sure about any further out though.

3. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Defender (613) May 2, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Should be available. Plus, they're releasing a BBA version of it at the brewery.

4. stevepat

stevepat Disciple (364) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Trader

Oh ya I forgot about mile wide, they are definitely on the itinerary. Especially if they've got some barrel action coming out, I don't think I've tried any of their dark beers. Agree about holsopple's ipa too, I was floored by how good it was. An instant classic for my money. They were in a weird location though which I think contributes to their low key reputation. As for gravely, I went once and found their beer decent but not worth the 1 or 2 dollar premium they charge over everyone else out there.
    Oh and Ill definitley make an effort to see what great flood is up to, I went a couple years ago, my first time in louisville, and enjoyed everything I tried.
    That also reminds me, what's the story with the cumberland place that is near there? the one time I tried to go it was swamped so i passed but it looked like they might brew some of their own stuff as well as have guest taps?

5. BennyTheJet

BennyTheJet Initiate (56) Oct 17, 2014 Kentucky
    Trader

Is Mile Wide bottling the BA Buku or will it be draft only? Asking for a friend.

6. IMFletcher

Trader

Bottling for sure. Unsure of draft.

BennyTheJet likes this.
  7. IMFletcher

Trader

The FB event page says limited bottles and on draft. Bottle availability will be determined after the Members Club release tonight.

BennyTheJet likes this.
  8. Sturgeon83

Sturgeon83 Aspirant (283) Mar 11, 2015 Kentucky
    Trader

Per MW, they have enough bottles set aside for every member to pick up through tonight. I'd assume they also have some general public bottles plus whatever doesn't get picked up.

Any of you Lexington folks have an extra GC Snake Cake?

9. IMFletcher

Trader

Highly doubtful. I had to beg for one since I wasn't there.

10. stevepat

stevepat Disciple (364) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Trader

Just tried the falcon punch dipa at great flood last night. what a treat, a crisp, hop forward dipa that was crystal clear. picked up a 4 pack of cans for 13$, unfortunately they are 12ers so it wasn't quite the deal thought i was getting into but for a tasty clean dipa around 8% not terrible at all.
    Also, i don't know if you louisvillians realize how lucky you are to have a place like sergio's. obviously not the best prices on the more common local stuff but my good great jumping cockerel the selection of exotic delights is unmatched anywhere else that i've seen. You woulda had a hard time convincing me that there was a fine Jordanian beer out there, let alone an a grade stout, but there it is sitting in a cooler in louisville. one of the reasons i love visiting

chrismattlin and sefus12 like this.