New Restaurant in Naperville

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by movingglass, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movingglass

movingglass Initiate (0) Jan 15, 2012 Illinois

The Linebacker Grille will open at 5 p.m. Thursday in the former Show-Me’s site, 1126 East Ogden Ave., with a fine-dining and more family friendly approach.

General Manager Gary Beckner believes he’ll attract a following of craft beer aficionados with his drink menu. About 80 percent of the 66 bottled beers and 12 taps will feature craft brews including selections from Two Brothers Brewing Company in Warrenville.

drewba likes this.
  2. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Defender (607) Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

Very good information, thanks for the heads up. Always nice to hear about new places to venture to.

3. drewba

drewba Disciple (340) Nov 14, 2009 Illinois

I was curious to see how long a Hooters-knockoff would last, now I know. Good news for Naperville, since The Grumpy Bulldog is no more.

4. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

I thought you were legally required to refer to it only as "Naperthrill"

5. drewba

Naperthrill & Nappyville are old and busted. The new hotness is Americantown, USA.

DBCOACHEMUP and MarkIntihar like this.
  6. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Mar 17, 2010 Michigan

Aight Big Willy :wink:

EDIT: Your profile still says Naperthrill. Does this mean you're old and busted? If so, can I be the new hotness?

drewba likes this.
  7. pschul4

pschul4 Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2011 Illinois

How close is this to the ghetto Naperkill?

8. drewba

I'm from the streets! (of naperville)

MrMcGibblets and pschul4 like this.
  9. pschul4

This made me laugh so hard my boss asked to see what I was laughing at. He didn't get it...

drewba likes this.
  10. stevegoz

stevegoz Disciple (313) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

I for one certainly hope that these draft beers will be served at "
    an unbelievable frosty cold 32 degrees!" [/Rockwood Tap in Downers fail.]

gigaknight likes this.
  11. ChrisAlbano13

ChrisAlbano13 Initiate (0) Apr 11, 2012

What are some of the Brewery's you carry? Three Floyd's? Founders? Any seasonal ? I checked you website but its not up yet.

12. TapeDeck

TapeDeck Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2011 Illinois

I will reserve judgement until reading a tap list. :slight_smile: Good luck!

ChrisAlbano13 likes this.
  13. BFro

BFro Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2012 Illinois

+1 to that. Seems to me that place was a bit more fit for the like of Joliet. Not the high society wonderment that is ...Naperville... (say it in a whispery voice while making a rainbow shape over your head with your hands).

I'm interested to see how this new place fairs.

gigaknight likes this.
  14. 1koolspud

1koolspud Initiate (60) Jun 30, 2008 Illinois

And yet the Brick House Grille still lives in Downers, right next to a Hooters, no less.

15. makdeco

makdeco Initiate (171) Jan 31, 2007 Illinois
    Trader

when did that happen? I knew it would but haven't been paying attention...

16. drewba

Sorry, I'm not positive exactly when it happened. A friend of mine that is good friends with one of the owners said the building owner raised the rent to the point where they could no longer afford to be there. He was optimistic that they would reopen in a new location.

17. pschul4

Nah that's east side, Naperkill is west side closer to Aurora (obviously)

PS: I can hate on Aurora because I'm from there :wink:

RTrain12 likes this.
  18. ChrisAlbano13

Not true at all the owner of the Bulldog dosent pay his rent, and hasn't for the past 6 months. The current building owners (Beildalmans) is in the process of evicting him which takes time. They can't just raise rent, that's why you sign a lease with for a certain amount of years and a fixed rent. Good ridience, they never have a majority of the beers on there menu in stock and there food has gone downhill. Good and successful establishments don't go out of business.

19. drewba

Fair enough, always interesting to hear the other side of the story. I wasn't assuming the owners jacked up the rent out of the blue, rather asked more at the end of their lease. Regardless, I didn't spend a whole lot of time or money at GB, but it was a decent craft option if you didn't want to go to bav lodge or two brothers. But now it isn't...:slight_smile:

20. birchholz

birchholz Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2010 Illinois

21. BarrytheBear

BarrytheBear Initiate (0) Dec 10, 2007 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

What happened to the Grumpy Bulldog? Their atrociously poor atmosphere finally catch up to them? Decent selection but you had to scream to someone sitting next to you.

And...since my familial roots are there, my preferred nomenclature is Napertucky.

MrMcGibblets, MarkIntihar and drewba like this.
  22. birchholz

birchholz Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2010 Illinois

I also didn't realize that Anchor Steam and Old Scratch were ciders.

23. ChrisAlbano13

I didn't mean any offense, I appoligize if it came off that way. My wife and I plan on going to the Bavarian Lodge thus weekend. I have drove past a million times , but never new it was quite the craft beer spot. Any Suggestions?

24. ChrisAlbano13

Agreed, dosent look like anything special.

25. drewba

You didn't come off that way, no worries my friend. Bavarian Lodge has probably the best tap list in the burbs, plus the food is phenomenal.

26. BFro

BFro Initiate (0) Feb 1, 2012 Illinois

+1 to that.

ChrisAlbano13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.