New Sumpin Sumpin 12 packs

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dredmahawkus, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dredmahawkus

dredmahawkus Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2014 Massachusetts

Has anyone bought one yet?? They just came out like 2 weeks ago here and not proud to say I am on my fourth! lol and all four I have bought have tasted not right at all!!! Its like a stale mess off bad beer! I mean after 2 or 3 anything is drinkable! you know when you are on your 3rd and you want to get rid of those beers you dont quite like in the fridge! thats how every one of these have been! I even bought them from 3 different places to see! now is it the distributor in MA?? please tell me someone else has bought one and its fine and Lagunitas didnt change the recipe or start using sub par hops!! This is my fourth twelve pack and I am starting to get worried! I know its not me cuz I have some sixes left from the summer and they still taste wonderful with a date 50 days less then these!!!

2. StoutSnob40

StoutSnob40 Poo-Bah (2,967) Jan 4, 2013 California
    Society Trader

You've drank 48 Lil Sumpin Sumpins in 2 weeks?

3. alk3kenny

alk3kenny Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2004 Georgia

I think he actually drank more then that because he had left over 6 packs that he has used as a comparison that were older then the 12ers... lol

Wiffler27 and Gemini6 like this.
  4. riversglow

riversglow Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2015 North Carolina

I got excited when i saw lil sumpin in 12 pack but not so much after reading.

Wiffler27 likes this.
  5. L0ne

L0ne Initiate (0) Oct 12, 2014 Texas

The worst part is that he is guzzling case after case even though they taste off and bad???

6. jman005

jman005 Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2013 Kentucky

You obviously just finished a 12 pack

SLewis, Lucular, swolepeer and 8 others like this.
  7. offthelevel_bytheplumb

offthelevel_bytheplumb Devotee (402) Aug 19, 2013 Illinois

I know, what a lightweight.

8. dredmahawkus

I drink like 5 a night...sometimes 7 sometimes 4.....on a budget lately so been only buying twelves.....on my fourth now!

EchoesZ, Brolo75 and WillemHC like this.
  9. riversglow

riversglow Initiate (0) Aug 30, 2015 North Carolina

Thats only 3 or 4 beers a day. what's everybody's problem, this is a beer fourm right?
    So has anyone tryed the new 12 packs? Id like to know.

10. PsilohsaiBiN

PsilohsaiBiN Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2010 New York

11. offthelevel_bytheplumb

offthelevel_bytheplumb Devotee (402) Aug 19, 2013 Illinois

T
    hey're not exactly new. I bought a 12 a few months ago, and I didn't notice any difference from the 6 packs.

12. Ipaupaweallpa

Ipaupaweallpa Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Alabama

That's a Lotta Sumpin Sumpin!

Lucular and upsbeernut like this.
  13. Ipaupaweallpa

Ipaupaweallpa Initiate (0) Dec 26, 2014 Alabama

Haha this ^^^^^^^

Wiffler27 likes this.
  14. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2010 Ohio

And the winner, of the most incoherent thread is.........

15. jstout26

jstout26 Initiate (165) May 30, 2013 North Carolina
    Trader

You have to drink 5 for it to make sense....sometimes 7 sometimes 4.

16. Wiffler27

Wiffler27 Meyvn (1,045) Aug 16, 2009 North Carolina

i am not entirely sure what the OP even means.

each 12 pack has been stale? or a few beers out of it has been "bad"? if they've all been bad then why did you buy 4 different 12 packs?

if one 12 pack was bad then maybe it's a mistake on their part. if you buy a 12 pack from another store and it's still off then call it a day! don't buy two more 12 packs hoping it's gonna be good. get something else!!!

if fresh beer tastes like piss I know what I won't be getting next time! all i know is my case of GLBC Oktoberfest has been fantastic

Motleydrunk56 likes this.
  17. sinkas

sinkas Initiate (92) Jul 9, 2008 Australia

must be something wrong with them, they are making him feel tired and emotional...damn 12 packs

Wiffler27 likes this.
  18. donspublic

donspublic Poo-Bah (2,214) Aug 4, 2014 Texas
    Society Trader

Correct me if I am wrong, but this should be the same beer that is in 6 packs, just a different format. Regardless of when you bought them, have you checked the date, if so how old is it. I had pretty much given up on Lagunitas products in Houston until I found them at a local HEB and they were only 1 month old vs 6 everywhere else

19. dredmahawkus

Yeah I should have put that in the top...they all have super fresh dates... 215 I think.

I never only have a 12 pack at a time in my fridge! Its usually loaded with like 8 different 6 packs....and 2 of the six packs usually have multiple different beers in them.....but like I said been on a budget lately.....and on a budget I usually get IPA or the stoney brook 12 packs. The IPA tastes better then the sumpin!

And of course I am going to keep trying different places....love sumpin! and if they taste stale with a 215 date and its all I have on a budget what am I going to throw them out???

20. Warg68

Warg68 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2015 Illinois

We've been lucky enough to have them in Illinois for a few months. Fantastic. Now if I can get my hands on some Doppel Sticky Lagunitas.

Nachos4two likes this.
  21. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Aspirant (281) Sep 22, 2011 Georgia

Your tastebuds are numb, but wouldnt mind seeing it down here in Ga.

22. utopiajane

utopiajane Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2013 New York

I am not going to sneeze at more 12 packs. Sumpin sumpin is good beer.

HuskyHawk likes this.
  23. Harlan_Pepper

Harlan_Pepper Initiate (0) Dec 29, 2014 Indiana

Get back to me when they have the 12-packs in cans. :slight_smile:

Bearshawks85 likes this.
  24. Yargamo

Yargamo Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2015 New York

48 SUBPAR ones....one has questions

25. KeithE

KeithE Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2013 Illinois

48 beers.....That's nothing. Ozzy Osbourn could down a case every night at one point. So you are looking at two days worth of beers here at the most. OP is taking things easy!

26. dredmahawkus

avg 6 beers a night.....twelves go away quick!!!!

I just got a twelve of stoney brook to mix things up!! and a twelve of lagunitas IPA....the IPA is way better then the sumpins!!! so upset I love sumpins too!

27. jman005

jman005 Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2013 Kentucky

I know it's a beer forum and all but come on..it's a forum to discuss great beer. Not talk like a drunk idiot about downing 12 packs of beer you thought were bad anyways.

mrhartounian likes this.
  28. Motleydrunk56

Motleydrunk56 Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2014 California

Solid point.

29. dredmahawkus

Anyway Sumpin usually is very well balanced between fruity and bouquet with a slight hop bitterness. The twelve packs I have bought all taste like a over bitter jumbled mess.....like you bought a six pack off the shelves that you forgot to check the date and has been sitting there for 2 years! The first couple six packs of sucks that came out this summer were kinda like that too. I bought a six pack from like 5 places and they were all not the sucks I was used to drinking! Those were from the cali brewery.....the next batch that came our way was from Chicago and tasted much much better!
    Maybe they were trying to make too much and didnt have the recipe right?
    Anyway if anyway has bought a sumpin twelve pack and noticed the difference please chime in. If you really need to be a troll and have to comment on me drinking them anyway cuz thats all I have then go troll another thread.

30. MarshallBirdhouse

MarshallBirdhouse Devotee (407) Feb 19, 2013 Kentucky
    Trader

If you're on a budget why are you drinking like 7 beers a night? To forget the fact that you're on a budget?

31. Yargamo

Yargamo Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2015 New York

I had the same experience with Sucks as well. They came in on a new shipment, no date of course to be found (despite what so many describe as faint, but there....and BELIEVE me I checked) and it was an overtly malty IPA devoid of EVERYTHING that made that beer what is is. Since then I've been hesitant to buy more.

32. dredmahawkus

Pretty much!!! at least I am not drinking 86 packs of Bush yet!

MarshallBirdhouse likes this.
  33. BMBCLT

BMBCLT Poo-Bah (1,883) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Society

Have you tried contacting Heineken, regarding this issue?

34. HuskyHawk

HuskyHawk Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Massachusetts

I would weigh 500 pounds I expect, at six beers a night. Haven't bought the 12s yet, but Sumpin Sumpin is my wife's favorite beer, so it is nearly always in the fridge. She hasn't complained about any differences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.