New Tap Room In Somerset Ky. 18 All craft Taps!

Discussion in 'South' started by SPLITGRIN, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPLITGRIN

SPLITGRIN Poo-Bah (1,941) May 13, 2003 Kentucky
    Society Trader

Yes you read it right. Somerset Kentucky. We just went wet down here about a year and a half ago and now we will have a new and very exciting Tap Room to enjoy great beer. It will be called Tap on Main and looks to soft open this Friday May 23rd. The address is 601 N. Main St. Somerset KY 42501.

It will have 18 initial taps all dedicated to craft beers. It will also have a solid selection of bottled beers. There will be food available for carry in at the adjacent Main St. Deli just next door. Initial tap list will include:

Deschutes Mirror Mirror
    West 6th IPA
    Blue Stalion Dunkel
    Three Floyds Alpha King
    Three Floyds Blackheart
    Founders Dirty Bastard
    Founders Centennial IPA
    Country Boy Peckerhead
    Country Boy Cougar Bait
    And many more great brews...

I want to personally invite all BA's to come enjoy the festivities with Bill and his staff as he has worked hard to help bring this little slice of beer heaven to Somerset.

Hope to see ya'll there.

2. SPLITGRIN

Society Trader

Well guys I have a little update. We are still waiting on a few hoops that you have to jump through with this kind of thing. The Taphouse may not be able to open on Friday as we had hoped. I will keep you posted as updates are available.

3. semibaked

semibaked Zealot (596) Mar 27, 2007 Illinois

Sounds like the joys of waiting for a liquor license. Hope all goes well!

4. RollienCoal

RollienCoal Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2014 Kentucky

Hey guys is there an update on this?? I'm local and am really excited to see it happen

5. SPLITGRIN

Society Trader

I am working on a full update for you all. They were in fact waiting on the liquor license. Beer is ready and the taphouse itself could open the doors at any time.

6. SPLITGRIN

Society Trader

The Tap House soft opened yesterday to a very warm welcome. Everything is hammered out and the place looks great. It has a great mix of beer culture, class and country welcome all in one. They really worked hard and diligently to make this happen with the attention to detail. They will officially open on Monday to the public and I couldn't recommend more that you visit soon.

Here are a few more beers currently available on tap:

Bells Two Hearted
    Country Boy Amos Moses
    West 6th Amber
    Abita Strawberry Harvest
    Victory Golden Monkey
    Smuttynose Wheat Wine
    Great Lakes Draft Monster
    Highland Barrel Aged Black Mocha Stout

I am gonna try to post some pictures real soon.

7. RollienCoal

RollienCoal Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2014 Kentucky

Went by there Saturday night and ended up staying a few hours.Excellent service but with any new business has some rough spots to polish.

8. KYGunner

KYGunner Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2012 Kentucky

I certainly wish this had been open last year. Only time I've ever been to Somerset was for a Marching Band competition, and I could have really used a good craft beer. Not sure if Somerset is on the schedule but I'll definitely stop by if in town.

9. cshort

cshort Initiate (0) Aug 5, 2012 Kentucky

KYGunner, I certainly wish it was open last year too. However, it's only been two years next month since the city even went wet.

Regardless, it's turned out to be a great place. The owner is already planning on adding two taps (max out the available space at the bar) in the near term. Last night they added a great black IPA to the tap list in Lagunitas NightTime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.