1. Introducing the Respect BeerĀ® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to add-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

New to Dallas, looking for an adopting beer family

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by kylehay2004, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kylehay2004

kylehay2004 Poo-Bah (5,198) Feb 23, 2011 Illinois

Just moved to Dallas from Florida. Brought 3 cases of local and Florida brews with me. I had three different beer share groups there. I wanted to find a good group here in town. If anyone knows of a good beer share group please let me know.

RustyP, nsheehan, JJFoodie and 2 others like this.
  2. Heretic42

Heretic42 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Texas

You want the SW Forum. There's a map with some BAs for DFW, that's probably your best bet for finding a group.

nsheehan likes this.
  3. shnsajax

shnsajax Disciple (309) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho

What part of Dallas?

kylehay2004 likes this.
  4. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2012 Texas

Plenty of large and small groups have formed across DFW.

5. kylehay2004

kylehay2004 Poo-Bah (5,198) Feb 23, 2011 Illinois

I am in East Dallas. Near downtown

6. H0rnedFr0gs

H0rnedFr0gs Initiate (0) Mar 12, 2012 Texas

Drink at Strangeways and run into MattIsLoco. Best bar and one of the best local BA's

7. willandperry

willandperry Initiate (137) Sep 15, 2011 Colorado

H0rnedfrogs is 100% right! Find him! And if you don't like him, maybe he can connect you with some people a little less jerky :wink:

cfh64 likes this.
  8. mattisloco

mattisloco Disciple (314) Feb 13, 2007 Texas

I don't get on here for a week or more and I come back to the two of you :wink:

Welcome to Dallas @kylehay2004 . There used to be very few East Dallas folks but there are more of us now. Here is the thread http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/dfw-beer-advocate-map-for-tastings-etc.47822/ that the beer map is on.

Tons of opinions on the best bar in our area. I agree with Noah and Will, Strangeways is my go to most of the time. Check out Goodfriend, Craft & Growler, Common Table, The Bottle Shop and the nicest of the bunch Meddlesome Moth, then form your own opinion on which is the best.

Let's meet up for a beer or three.

9. willandperry

willandperry Initiate (137) Sep 15, 2011 Colorado

Can I come?

RustyP likes this.
  10. mdeluna

mdeluna Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2011 Texas

I see a lot of trips to Austin, TX in your future!

nsheehan likes this.
  11. mattisloco

mattisloco Disciple (314) Feb 13, 2007 Texas

Heck ya

willandperry likes this.
  12. rjtx000

rjtx000 Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2013 Texas

Still newer to trading but always down to meet up and I'm also in east Dallas. I also concur about @mattisloco being a badass BA, by the way I have my old man bringing up some JK goodness next weekend so we need to plan something relatively soon!

JJFoodie likes this.
  13. AAxsom

AAxsom Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2010 Texas

I also recently moved inside the loop from Arlington, so I'd be up for a share soon, or at least a get-together at one of the aforementioned places.

JJFoodie likes this.
  14. air

air Aspirant (205) Mar 28, 2007 Texas
    Trader

I really should host a bottle share myself for E. Dallas... getting to a point where I'm running out of space, just tough when I'm never here.

I mostly go to Craft & Growler, Common Table, and WBC Bottle Shop.

mattisloco and JJFoodie like this.
  15. JJFoodie

JJFoodie Initiate (140) May 11, 2009 Texas
    Trader

When and where, brother?

16. Thanx4AllDaFish

Thanx4AllDaFish Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2013 Texas

Ooooh. . . Dallas people! I work over near all of those places, and would love to meet up sometime to get to know some good, local BA folks!

17. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (743) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Do I see another bottle share in the near future? I'm down for a beer meet up of any kind...

JJFoodie and Indytruks138 like this.
  18. sethsticles

sethsticles Initiate (96) May 6, 2014 California

I'm in for something. Just moved to town - Lakewood area. Looking to meet some drinking buddies as my wife spends 80+ hours working at Parkland.

JJFoodie and air like this.
  19. Abbbp

Abbbp Crusader (743) Mar 9, 2013 Texas
    Trader

Yup that sounds about right... The Parkland work schedule that is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.