New to Norway (Bergen): Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by InfiniteJester23, Sep 13, 2020.

1. InfiniteJester23

InfiniteJester23 Initiate (99) Apr 26, 2017 Norway
    Trader

As the title says, I have just moved to Bergen, Norway, coming from California. I'm trying to get a sense of the beer (and cider and mead fwiw) scene in the area, so let me ask. Where should I get beer to go? Where are the best places to drink craft on premises at? Any surprising or important things I should know about being a craft beer fan in Norway?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jaycase and KevinJohnson2 like this.
  2. boddhitree

boddhitree Zealot (559) Apr 13, 2008 Germany

Sorry, this answer isn't about beer, but having been to the "rainiest city in the world" myself and also to Stavanger, which is a bit farther south on the east coast of Norway, maybe you can confirm that the most important things to living there is very good rain gear? Also, adjusting to constant cold, wet weather must be hard from someone from CA.

There's excellent craft beer in Norway, though expensive by non-Norwegian standards, so maybe since it's been a month for you, could you please report what you've found?

Lervig
    and Nøgen Ø were two of my favorites in regular bars and supermarkets, but a quick search on BA came up with 7 craft brewers or bars just in Bergen. How many have you tried, visited and found at bars? It'd be nice to hear what you've found.