Newcastle Introduces Limited Edition Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale

Discussion in 'Beer News & Releases' started by Jason, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Founder (0) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Society

WHITE PLAINS, NY (May 2013)- Newcastle, the No Bollocks beer brand, today announced the release of its limited edition Newcastle Bombshell pale blonde ale. Available nationwide between May and July 2013, Newcastle Bombshell is a refreshing new addition to the Newcastle portfolio featuring an eye-catching blonde on the label intended to catch the eye of beer drinkers nationally. And sell more beer.

"An Englishman's first love will always be his brown ale, but now he can have a summer fling with a beautiful blonde," said Charles van Es, Brand Director, Newcastle Brown Ale. "With its golden ale color, light aroma and silky smooth finish, Newcastle Bombshell is a real British beauty worth waiting for, with a label as alluring as the beer inside."

Newcastle Bombshell is an English-style blonde ale that offers a floral hop aroma, a balanced and bittersweet flavor with toasted biscuit notes and a smooth clean finish with hints of caramel sweetness. Brewed with a combination of Cascade, Hellertau and Northdown hops, Newcastle Bombshell has an alcohol by volume (ABV) of 4.4 percent with 28 International Bittering Units (IBUs). In other words, it's a great beer.

To support the release of Newcastle Bombshell, Newcastle is rolling out a series of consumer sampling events across the country and is also unveiling a new TV spot called "Bombshell," created by Droga5 New York. Featuring an array of pigment-challenged sunbathers, the spot proudly points out the similarities between the smooth, refreshing, new blonde ale and an Englishman in the midst of summer. Namely: they're both pale. "Bombshell" is the latest asset in the brand's No Bollocks 2013 marketing campaign dedicated to honesty and transparency in the beer category.

Newcastle Bombshell is available nationally in 6-bottle and 12-bottle packs priced comparably to Newcastle Brown Ale and may also be found on draught in most markets.

To view the new Newcastle "Bombshell" spot, visit www.youtube.com/newcastle. For more information about Newcastle Brown Ale and Newcastle Bombshell visit www.facebook.com/newcastle.

About Newcastle Brown Ale
    A No Bollocks beer brand, Newcastle Brown Ale was first brewed in 1927 to satisfy thirst of hardworking Englishmen. Colonel Jim Porter crafted the ale with its own distinct golden brown color, lightly hopped taste and character that quickly became a local favorite. Best served cold, Newcastle Brown Ale has since become a world favorite as a dark beer that's easy to drink. Newcastle Brown Ale is imported by the nation's premier beer importer, HEINEKEN USA, headquartered in White Plains, New York. For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/newcastle.

About HEINEKEN USA
    HEINEKEN USA Inc., the nation's leading upscale beer importer, is a subsidiary of Heineken International BV, the world's most international brewer. European brands imported into the U.S. include Heineken Lager, the world's most international beer brand, Heineken Light, Amstel Light, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Strongbow cider. HEINEKEN USA also imports the Dos Equis portfolio, Tecate portfolio, Sol, Indio, Carta Blanca and Bohemia brands from Mexico. For a safe ride home, download the HEINEKEN USA-sponsored Taxi Magic™ application from your smartphone at taximagic.heineken.com

###

scotorum likes this.
  2. napetry

napetry (0) Jul 25, 2010 North Carolina

Just discovered Newcastle Bombshell Blonde Ale. Need a bit more tasting to comment but the ". . . . a floral hop aroma, a balanced and bittersweet flavor with toasted biscuit notes and a smooth clean finish with hints of caramel sweetness." description is true to my palate.

RobertColianni likes this.
  3. AlTrombley

AlTrombley (0) Dec 25, 2012 Connecticut

I love Newcastle brown! Many years ago (about 25) it was the 1st non major brewery beer I loved. I have not been crazy about the other beers they have come out with in the last couple of years. I will give this a try and hopefully it is good.

2beerdogs likes this.
  4. WhatANicePub

WhatANicePub (371) Jul 1, 2009 Scotland

For a campaign dedicated to honesty and transparency in the beer category, they seem to have forgotten to mention that neither Newcastle Brown Ale nor this stuff is brewed in Newcastle. No Brewery.

Sed73 likes this.
  5. BlindSalimander

BlindSalimander (0) Aug 16, 2010 Texas

6. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs (1,511) Jan 31, 2005 California
    Society Trader

^^Much the same here. Back in the day, <cue the solemn guitar music> I even named one of my dogs Newcastle.

AlTrombley likes this.
  7. Texas_Speed

Texas_Speed (0) Aug 22, 2012 Texas

I was thinking the exact same thing. Curious to see if Southern Star will say anything about it.

8. jesskidden

jesskidden (884) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Except that, according to a Trademark Search, "Blonde Bombshell" is owned by:
    :grinning:

chocosushi and LiquidCucumber like this.
  9. Cvescalante

Cvescalante (0) Dec 24, 2012 Texas

I thought the same thing, but after typing in "bombshell blonde," a ton of beer popped up, so it's whatever lol.

Strwrs777 likes this.
  10. BlindSalimander

OK, then who got the photo of me with my hat on at the end of the commercial/you tube video. I never authorized the use of that photo (for obvious reasons).

11. BlindSalimander

So logos are different than "titles" or names. Got it.

12. marquis

marquis (0) Nov 20, 2005 England

I see masses of beers with the same names but produced by different breweries. Nobody seems to mind very much though.

13. blastoderm55

blastoderm55 (0) Jun 7, 2013 Texas

I wonder how Newcastle's brew will compare to Southern Stars'. I have been in love with it ever since I found a banged up six-pack on the shelf at my local H-E-B a couple of months ago.

14. Lutter

Lutter (0) Jun 30, 2010 Texas
    Deactivated

Southern Star has been using the name for YEARS. Failure to defend a copyright legally can lead to the copyright being invalid. Not sure if this brewery and them have an agreement or something, but I've never heard of "Indigo Imp Brewing".

15. Sed73

Sed73 (0) May 10, 2013 Wales

Don't believe the hype, I think that Newcastle Brown is still a decent drink but its a brand not a brewery. Which mega brewer that owns it slips my mind but its trying to tap into the craft beer wave ( in the uk at least), if you want to try the beer then go for it but forget the marketing bollocks

16. Sed73

Sed73 (0) May 10, 2013 Wales

Doh, guess the mega brewery would be Heineken, still it's not made in Newcastle!

VictorWisc likes this.
  17. scotorum

scotorum (0) May 28, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society

Sampled it at the Green River Brewfest in Greenfield MA today and it stood out from the dozen others I tried for a different and very refreshing taste. It is a more than worthy addition to the Newcastle stable (which admittedly is not saying much, although my youngest daughter [30] considers their brown her favorite beer), it could become one of the better of the myriad summer brews on the US market!

18. ShowerBeer_

ShowerBeer_ (0) Jun 17, 2013 Texas

Agreed. It's a brand, not a brewery.
    I still enjoy one every so often, and in my opinion Heineken didn't mess up the taste/body when they took over production. I'm keeping my eyes open in Texas to try this Bombshell Blonde. Seems like a good beer to add to my Summer rotation.

19. spicoli00

spicoli00 (475) Jul 6, 2005 Indiana

Little known purveyors of excellent sour beers. I have only seen it in the cleveland, OH area.

20. MooseBoose

MooseBoose (0) Jun 6, 2007 Wisconsin

I'm still an unabashed lover of Newcastle Brown. Haven't liked alot of the other stuff with the Newcastle name but I will give this one a shot.

21. danfue

danfue (0) Sep 16, 2012 Germany

22. billbeers

billbeers (0) Jun 14, 2012 Pennsylvania

The Newcastle Bombshell was found on draught at one of my favorite local pubs recently. This brew is light and refreshing, definitely above average and a great summer beer.

scotorum likes this.
  23. VictorWisc

VictorWisc (0) Jan 2, 2013 Massachusetts

You nailed that turkey!

24. VictorWisc

Indeed, they are owned by Heineken, which means it's SABMiller. But they are brewed in Tadcaster by the other Smith brewery (John Smith, owned by Heineken).

25. jesskidden

jesskidden (884) Aug 10, 2005 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Heineken is an independent company, the third largest brewer in the world - no ownership connection to SABMiller (#2). Heineken wound up owning the UK portion of Scottish-Newcastle, when they and Carlsberg (#4) bought that company and divided it up.

JimKal likes this.
  26. VictorWisc

You're right. I was going by the 2007-8 merger announcement that I did not know ended up failing.

27. DrowsyBen

DrowsyBen (0) Mar 25, 2013 California

i tried their winter ipa and it wasn't to much of an ipa to me:astonished:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.