Next TG imperial stout release??

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Kegger37, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kegger37

Kegger37 Initiate (146) Mar 30, 2014 Iowa

Anyone know when or what the next TG stout release will be? I've heard rumors of KBBS, but I was thinking that will be next fall. I've got a buddy getting married in late April in Florida and he's a big TG fan, he's been here a number of times but has never been able to try any of their big stouts(his favorite kind of beer.). I live close enough to drive up and get something, just was hoping something would be out in the near future so I could get him something for his big day. Obviously trading is an option, but I don't have a big enough cellar to land a MD or something like that, I'm better off driving up to get something newly released. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

#1 Kegger37, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. mrpeterandthepuffers

mrpeterandthepuffers Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2014 Minnesota

I wouldn't expect anything before April. Since MD isn't barrel aged it could be brewed at any time.

KBBS/Assassin should be in the fall, hypothetically, based on when Mike returned.

SinjaminBentek likes this.
  3. Schlais

Schlais Aspirant (251) Sep 28, 2011 Minnesota

There is also the TG/Cycle barrel aged beer, but no word on a release date on that either

4. hunttj

hunttj Initiate (0) Jan 14, 2015 Iowa

I'd like to see SR-71 make a stealthy appearance this winter/spring. 011010011001110011

5. mrpeterandthepuffers

Since that was extra aged it would stand to reason that it wouldn't be out until a year after the next batch of assassin.. I'd think.

6. Barrelagedbatman

Barrelagedbatman Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Wisconsin

I wouldn't expect anything till mid summer. If I had to guess, it's going to be a lottery this time around.

7. TboneRN

TboneRN Defender (636) Mar 30, 2014 Minnesota

I wouldn't expect anything until fall. Expect silent releases, silent distro, lotteries, etc

8. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Zealot (500) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

But...Clark has mentioned a "solera project", so technically they could release a BA stout at any time.. assuming they have several barrels stacked up and ready to go.

9. mrpeterandthepuffers

That hasn't really been discussed in a couple of years, right?

I remember when the SR71 release happened and we were trying to figure out exactly what it was Clark had some posts that were years old at that time discussing Solera but we've never seen a Solera release.

When Mike left multiple people stated with confidence that the only thing in barrels at TG was Naughty Temple. And we saw those kegs get dumped out a few months ago. Of course with TG you never know and those people who are confident about release details and claim insider info are often wrong.

10. Omensetter

Omensetter Initiate (149) Nov 24, 2012 Minnesota
    Trader

Some additional info from their FAQ: "Assassin and Kentucky Brunch Brand Stout will not be released until late 2016, Mornin' Delight will make an appearance at Great Tastes of the Midwest as it does every year."

11. Multipass82

Multipass82 Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2014 Illinois

From what I understand, the barrels we saw get dumped were not Naughty Temple, those were not pappy barrels.

12. BottleCaps80

BottleCaps80 Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2013 Iowa

It was Naughty Temple that was dumped. NT is aged in Templeton Rye barrels, not Pappy barrels.

12tb and mrpeterandthepuffers like this.
  13. CraigP83

CraigP83 Defender (612) Dec 19, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Looks to be assassin per Mike's tweet.

14. WI-Beer-Man

WI-Beer-Man Zealot (500) May 29, 2014 Wisconsin

7-10 months of hype before Assassin is released. HOORAY!

15. bocky24

bocky24 Initiate (0) Apr 10, 2013 Iowa

Any word on when colab with cycle will see the light of day?

16. ZacharyIsom

ZacharyIsom Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2014 Iowa

Longggg time...

bocky24 likes this.
  17. BeerCrazyCrow

BeerCrazyCrow Initiate (0) Nov 28, 2014 Iowa

IT looks like naughty Temple is on the Tap list for Huna Days???

18. Multipass82

Multipass82 Initiate (0) Apr 20, 2014 Illinois

That was last year. Very few breweries have listed what they are bringing this year.

19. NIN1988

NIN1988 Initiate (0) Oct 9, 2013 South Dakota

@tgchief Any info you can share with us?

20. fondyball20

fondyball20 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2015 Wisconsin

Assassin is aged for 6 months and SR-71 has an extra 6 months in the barrel?

21. TboneRN

Asssassin is probably closer to a year if not a little longer...The speculation is SR71 is assassin that was held back, blended etc. But I don't even know if the next SR71 would be the same, taste the same, etc

mrpeterandthepuffers likes this.
  22. mrpeterandthepuffers

Right, I've always heard a year for assassin/kbbs.

23. TgBC

TgBC Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2011 Iowa

The stouts have never been less than 12 months in the barrel, with the majority being 14-16 months which is a nice sweet spot. Things have been a little quiet, but there's been quite a bit going on behind the scenes. We're hoping to have a nice amount of barrel aged beer by next Fall and potentially some extended age, double barrel, and other variants at some point thereafter.

I'm expecting the Cycle Collaboration to mature at roughly the same time, for anyone curious about that beer too.

-Mike

24. fondyball20

fondyball20 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2015 Wisconsin

Ask and you shall receive an answer... straight from the source!

25. Kegger37

Wow! No kidding! Well, that answers my question, I guess I will look for something else as a wedding gift. Thanks @TgBC for the answer, much appreciated. On a side note, What does it says about a brewery that takes the time to respond to simple threads like this one....they care about their customers! I'm proud to call them my local brewery! (40 miles is local enough for me)

26. TboneRN

God damn I love when Mike chimes in!
    This is gonna be an exciting fall

27. jwwhitney

jwwhitney Initiate (0) Mar 5, 2015 Nebraska

28. bocky24

FT: Winter?

29. jwwhitney

No doubt! (Granted I can't really complain about this winter since its been pretty tame so far :slight_smile: )

30. bocky24

Agreed, although sounds like Saturday into Sunday would be an excellent time to pull out a TG stout.

31. jwwhitney

If I had a TG Stout, then yes I would! I guess I could always go grab some Rover Truck :wink:

32. rangerzx3

rangerzx3 Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2012 Iowa

33. Bobandy

Bobandy Initiate (0) May 13, 2015 Iowa

dlphnfn likes this.
  34. Blooze

Blooze Initiate (37) Mar 18, 2015 New York

35. bocky24

The first two releases each were limited to one bottle a person. Only difference being 2nd release mug club were guaranteed one and could purchase one more. First release was a release party and you were given number at the door and if allotment allowed you could get 2nd bottle.

#35 bocky24, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  36. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (5,315) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

We did that last time, though sadly, our girls are still underage. But hey, there's some great biking around & outside of town!

37. Kegger37

I live close by, and I had NO chance to get KBBS the last few times...full time job and all. I would kill for a bottle though...it currently sit atop my Whale of all whales list.

38. dlphnfn

dlphnfn Initiate (45) Aug 13, 2011 Iowa

Totally agree!! I'm looking at this list like... HELLS YES.

39. nograz

nograz Disciple (383) Oct 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

Maybe they will do some sort of ticketed event that will give you a chance to get a bottle this next go around.

While I don't think it was perfect, I think they made a great step in the right directions with the MD release.

holzwama likes this.
  40. holzwama

holzwama Initiate (0) Aug 27, 2015 Minnesota

I agree. It would be nice to have a "first-to-it" ticket and a random drawing combo. That way if you work and don't have Facebook or Twitter and time to sign-up instantly, you still have a shot. Maybe not a great shot, but a chance!
    The other option is to give them all to me and I can decide, fairly of course, how to distribute them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.