1. Join us for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest on Sat, Sept 17 in Portland, Maine. Limited tickets still available: beeradvocate.com/belgian
    Dismiss Notice

Night Shift Barrel Aged Quad

Discussion in 'New England' started by johncosta60, Nov 28, 2012.

1. johncosta60

johncosta60 Jun 30, 2012 New Jersey

I was just wondering what the demand for this beer is like. Is it pretty easy to come by? I was thinking about trading for one, but I have no idea what I need to offer for it.

2. tehzachatak

tehzachatak Sep 19, 2010 Massachusetts

What beer are you asking about? Night Shift, as far as I'm aware, has not yet released a barrel aged quad. They've released the Quad Reserve (quad w/ brown sugar and shiraz grape juice), which is aged, but not in barrels.

If that's the one you're looking for, it's a occasional brew - they're done brewing it for 2012, so if you need a bottle NOW it might be hard to find one, but once they brew it again in 2013, it's still just shelf beer, really.

3. johncosta60

johncosta60 Jun 30, 2012 New Jersey

Thanks, I meant the quad reserve. I'll just wait for a 2013 release then, and pick it up a weekend when I go to Boston.

4. BleepBloopBlap

BleepBloopBlap Aug 19, 2011 Massachusetts

haven't seen that one around any of the boston/burbs bottle shops in awhile. Go grab a somerweisse or Fallen Apple!

Ganglani likes this.
  5. sjverla

sjverla Dec 1, 2008 Massachusetts

Got to try Fallen Apple at Craft Beer Cellar a couple weeks ago. That was awesome.

6. masterob8

masterob8 Oct 6, 2009 Massachusetts

We have not brewed the Quad in a long time but planning to bring it back in 2013. The current plan is to barrel age the next batch of Quad. Sourcing barrels for it over the coming weeks. Cheers.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe