NJ Bourbon County 2014 thread

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by listentodave, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dymmig89

dymmig89 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2011 New Jersey

Ive given up on nj. I can drive around all day with a slim to none chance of scoring any varients, or just go to nyc and get the sure thing. Im doing NYC

pjvie likes this.
  2. MarkF786

MarkF786 Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2014 New Jersey
    Deactivated

I've been told it varies by county... some will be getting theirs tomorrow (or already have) but with directions from Goose Island to hold it until Friday. In other counties, I've been told it won't arrive until Friday, Monday, or later.

3. eagles7251

eagles7251 Initiate (70) Sep 29, 2009 New Jersey

I think Joe Canal's West Deptford will have it for their Black Friday event.

4. radams

radams Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2014 New Jersey

Called them up yesterday. Told me the same thing.

5. AntLeatherface

AntLeatherface Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2012 New Jersey

I called a bunch of places in Northern Monmouth and some places in other areas of Central NJ. Pretty much got no solid info for Friday. Most said they won't even have it and if they do "maybe" next week.

Spirits Unlimited in Middletown got one case (of Regular BCBS I'm guessing) and all 24 bottles are reserved. 1 bottle per customer. Very surprised to see a store of that size get only 1 case.

6. jawas

jawas Initiate (0) Dec 4, 2013 New Jersey

Last year the shore area store got it on Monday after Thanksgiving, most feel that will happen again this year. Im going to make contact tomorrow with my beer managers as they all said check in Wednesday, than Monday.

7. JAntony345

JAntony345 Initiate (0) May 1, 2010 New York
    Deactivated

It's dropping early in NJ, try Hoboken. I found all 4 variants for 2014.

8. dymmig89

Thats the only spot that has released it so far. It was gone this morning

9. devilfluff

devilfluff Zealot (586) Apr 1, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

I found it tonight in SJ

10. radams

Can you tell us more?

11. devilfluff

devilfluff Zealot (586) Apr 1, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

There was 1 4 pack left in Woolwich Twp., as of about 1/2 hour ago.

12. humandrivein

humandrivein Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2014 New Jersey

Saw an Instagram post Jersey City Buy Rite had Vanilla Coffee and Regular assuming BW too. Took a drive over and there were about 12 singles of Regular on the shelf asked about varieties and was told they sold out. Then saw one of the kids working there buying a Coffee and when I saw Regular was $10 I said screw it and put it back. It's good but too much for me as a single. Rather take my luck on 4 packs though out the next few days. More interested in Coffee since I've yet to try it but I won't be devastated if I strike out.

13. jawas

Just minutes from Jersey City is NYC, where I was still buying last years BCBS 4 packs in October. I heard Beerworks in Brooklyn had cases of Coffee last year.

humandrivein likes this.
  14. humandrivein

humandrivein Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2014 New Jersey

Yeah I'm going to go with NYC for this it's easy enough by train. Figured I was close enough to Buy Rite I might as well shoot over.

15. jawas

Im like 3 hours south of NYC, when I drop my wife or in laws at JFK, I stop at Beer Works than hit JC Buy Rite after the tunnel. I would go there too, but if your that close NYC will have the goods, 10 dollars a bottle thats a crazy price so close to a huge supply, I would not that pay in SNJ, yet 10 minutes from NYC.

humandrivein likes this.
  16. thegoon55

thegoon55 Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2012 Massachusetts

I'll be in franklin lakes for the holiday/Black Friday. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would like to find at least 1 vanilla if possible...

17. CassinoNorth

CassinoNorth Disciple (304) Apr 5, 2013 New Jersey

Glen Rock Bottle King
    Ramsey Liquors
    Paramus Total Wine

Or just make the trek into NYC and score with ease.

18. MarkF786

MarkF786 Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2014 New Jersey
    Deactivated

I tempted to hit a few more stores today to see if I get lucky. I haven't tried calling stores in the past; are stores generally responsive to phone calls?

19. mibrze

mibrze Initiate (0) Oct 10, 2013 New Jersey

I refuse to stand in line at 6 am on Black Friday to get it. Most places in south jersey get very limited amounts. I'll visit a couple smaller local stores around the time they open and if I score some, great, if not, oh well.

jrnyc likes this.
  20. mikeburd1128

mikeburd1128 Zealot (547) Oct 28, 2011 New Jersey

No

21. mikeburd1128

Is this true on Black Friday? I thought the NYC thread was saying Top Hops was the only place who will have it on Black Friday.

22. Winkdaddy

Winkdaddy Initiate (0) Oct 2, 2009 New York

A buddy of mine walked in a bodega in midtown yesterday and bought a 4 pack of BCS. It was 2013 dated for some reason. odd

23. mikeburd1128

It was dated 2013 because it was 2013 BCS. Not sure what's odd about this. We've been saying it all throughout this thread how much BCS NYC gets and how long it sits around in some places.

24. radams

pretty much everywhere in jersey i've called has been helpful. some of the philly places have been a little salty.

25. Winkdaddy

Poor choice of words on my part. The bodega had it on window display so my friend thought he was getting 2014 (he didn't bother looking at the date) but it was 2013. Not that its a bad thing

26. Winkdaddy

A lot of places in NJ are not waiting for Black Friday and are selling it now.

27. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused Initiate (0) Dec 11, 2008 New Jersey

Cloverleaf is having a black friday event. Regular and coffee on tap. And a flight available of regular, coffee, cherry,and vanilla. Would love to mix the cherry and vanilla together haha

28. jawas

Pretty much it was shipped and stores have it and we're told to not sell it until Friday. Some stores are sticking by that and told me to come back on Friday. Others seemed to not care and sold it anyway.

29. AntLeatherface

Where is "a lot of places"? I called a ton of places and only one said they will have it Friday.

dymmig89 likes this.
  30. dymmig89

Yes where. Besides hoboken there isnt a place in the northern third of jersey that says they even have it in stock yet

31. AntLeatherface

Or Central NJ, for that matter.

cp45 and dymmig89 like this.
  32. Keyes88

Keyes88 Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2011 New Jersey

I hear end of next week for the Princeton area. Market Place in EB has no clue on delivery. I'm debating just going to PA or NYC and avoid all the nonsense.

33. dymmig89

The wine outlet on meadowlands parkway in secaucus has it in

34. Winkdaddy

Hoboken has it (or they did) Vine and Sparrow..

35. troupos40

troupos40 Initiate (196) Aug 12, 2014 New Jersey
    Trader

I just heard that Carton Brewing will be releasing their Black IPA Epitome on Black Friday too, so I guess I will take my chance in Jersey and hope to score some of both........NYC is a pain to get to from Wayne........

36. dymmig89

Take the bus haha. I'm right up 23. Though I will be driving in

37. BeerIsLife000

BeerIsLife000 Initiate (0) Nov 22, 2014 New York

Epitome is their Black Friday beer. That's not news. Looks like they omitted the biggest detail on ther Facebook and email. All the bars/stores are listed. But some of those stores listed don't have growler stations. Hint hint.

Dschwartz83 likes this.
  38. jawas

so they canned Epitome?, and will be sold on black friday.

39. dmac621

dmac621 Initiate (0) Nov 26, 2008 New Jersey

It is in 4pack cans this year. Not sure of the size of the cans but giving the big ABV I doubt it's 16ozers.

40. RMTWM

RMTWM Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2011 New Jersey

4pk 16oz cans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.