1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.

No One Wants to See A BA Naked Hints/Hauls

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markasparov

markasparov Mar 2, 2007 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

[​IMG]

This is an absolutely insane box from funkyaudio. Every time I think the bar on the amazingly generous boxes people send can't get raised any higher, it keeps doing exactly that.

Here's the haul:

[​IMG]

Half Acre T-Shirt (now nobody has to see this BA naked!)
    Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn (I know nothing about this beer or about Pipeworks. But I am ridiculously excited for it--check out the f'ing name!!!!!)
    Cantillon Classic Geuze (2011. HUGE Want, and I am stoked.)
    Cuvee Des Jacobins Rouge (Another big Want!)
    Deschutes Obsidian Stout (Want!)
    New Glarus Barleywine (Want--I love NG, and I haven't had a chance to try their BW yet. Sweet!)
    Half Acre Mug (AWESOME)
    Half Acre Sanguis (This looks really cool, and I doubt Half Acre could make a sub-awesome beer.)
    Dark Lord (2012. Yep. My first motherf'ing DARK LORD. No words.)
    The growler is Daisy Cutter. Daisy Cutter is such a perma-Want that it's one of about six things I have listed as perma-Wants on my profile. Already in the fridge... I don't like its chances of making it through the next 24 hours without getting emptied. It also came in a kickass growler shipper that will be turned around and sent to my target pretty soon.

Closeup of the mug:

[​IMG]

Dude. James, this box was completely out of control. If your sender doesn't hook you up, I will personally drive my entire cellar to Chicago and leave it on your porch. And if there's anything you're ever looking for from the northeast, you know where to find me. THANK YOU!

I think I need to go lie down.

2. biglobo8971

biglobo8971 May 6, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

thats a great first haul, great way to start off this bif, now where's the pic of you in the shirt?

3. Sender

Sender Sep 19, 2010 Minnesota

You needed more beer, right?

4. markasparov

markasparov Mar 2, 2007 District of Columbia
    Beer Trader

Of course. Desperately needed more beer. No beer here.

5. glitchedmind

glitchedmind May 8, 2012 California

Nope, no pressure there. Let me look at my target's name again....oh sweet jesus! Its not funky.

6. funkyaudio

funkyaudio Feb 14, 2009 Illinois
    Beer Trader

I am glad you liked your box and everything made it safe and sound.

7. sliverX

sliverX Oct 5, 2007 S. Georgia & S. Sandwich Isls.

My targets shirt is en route to me, will require further assembly to achieve proper "badassery". Half a box of wants picked up and more shopping maybe later today depending how my saison brew day goes.
    My box is heading in 2 directions: South and East. Just have to wonder how far on either.

8. glitchedmind

My target has been on BA today and hasn't posted his haul. I didn't think it was that bad of a box. Guess he thought differently?

9. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

how about them hauls?????

10. Ungertaker

Ungertaker Apr 30, 2010 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Really! Where are the friggin hauls?!?!?

11. Hophead101

Hophead101 Feb 7, 2007 Pennsylvania

cool the jets mr. glitch - I was away for the weekend and didn't get to opening and recording the haul until late sunday.

A box arrived safe and sound from glitchedmind which contained the following:

Beer:
    Growler of Kern River Sequoia Red
    Kona Pipeline 12oz
    Deschutes Black Butte Porter 12oz
    Deschutes Obsidian Stout 12oz
    FW Sucaba 22oz
    Kern River 5th Anniv. DIPA 22oz
    Alaskan Smoked Porter 22oz
    Alpine Nelson 22oz

Schwag:
    Kern River t-shirt
    Kern River everyday pint glass (not pictured)
    FW coasters
    6 pack carry bag from Imbibe

Nice west coast box all around. thanks!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/33090426@N08/7335311400/in/photostream

12. funkyaudio

Beer Trader

I thought we were suppose to be taking a picture with the ba wearing the shirt.

13. WitteBanter

WitteBanter Nov 9, 2011 Massachusetts

Maybe people are afraid of being the first. I hope someone poses in the George Costanza couch pose.

14. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

yes, pics should be made wearing the shirt sent. Nice box, keep the hauls coming because I beleive there are at least 2 more hauls to record.

15. funkyaudio

Beer Trader

you ruined the surprise now i can't do it.

16. shrek806

shrek806 Mar 1, 2010 New York
    Beer Trader

My box was scheduled to leave thursday but my target will be out of town,hint, hint.

17. Ungertaker

Beer Trader

I am at a local watering hole picking up a growler today. My box will travel west sometime this week. I still have to make the exchange for the King Henry sometime this week (I was in the hospital last week, so that got delayed). This box is going to basically roundhouse-kick my target in the teeth. I have seen the boxes he sends and this guy deserves a great box!

18. WitteBanter

You can always go with this route instead...

[​IMG]

19. Ungertaker

Beer Trader

Just be sure to replace the football with the growler included in your box!

20. WitteBanter

That would really make the picture pop! Maybe you can enter it into the LIF for the best beer pic too?

21. StarRaptor

StarRaptor Jun 8, 2010 California

I'm West!

22. glitchedmind

Man, that little joke really struck a nerve huh? Not only did you mention it in a BM, but in the thread afterwards as well.
    Glad you like the contents of the box. :) With the excellent distribution to PA (and lack of to my city) it wasn't easy to put together a box that you couldnt easily obtain.

23. Ungertaker

Beer Trader

You and a bunch of others!

24. Axic10

Axic10 Mar 15, 2008 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

If the box travels far enough west it will eventually land at my place.

25. BigGene

BigGene Oct 30, 2010 Florida

Well my box landed last week, hopefully my shipper has gotten the ok to ship as I am/was provisional.

26. baconsausage

baconsausage Jun 28, 2010 Vermont

seriously. having the same problem in the pimp cup bif. nobody on BA cares about your flabby abs. Lets see those pics! (how else are we supposed to make fun of you behind your back?)

27. sliverX

Or to your face...

28. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

or in your face

29. WitteBanter

Just to clarify- this is a pic with the t-shirt on, right? Unless you receive a belly t-shirt or 1980's high school football warm up shirt (which would be awesome!), no one's seeing any flabby abs anyway. Throw on a bro, manzeer, girdle- whatever underneath if that's what's holding you back!

30. BigGene

well you can put up a pic of the shirt off if you like. Dont think anyone will complain

31. WitteBanter

You heard him hophead101. He wants to see you with your shirt off.

32. biglobo8971

Beer Trader

man, step up, please adhere to the rules. Yeah, the rule was set after. But if you expect WitteBanter to show off the girls, show off your man cans and go on with it. Take one for the team. My pic will be epic, because the shirt probably wont be over my head.

33. WitteBanter

Haha- I think we all have a high bar to set with biglobo's pic- I'm assuming that's you in the avatar? I'm just glad you're finally getting a new t-shirt, and hopefully something better than Coors light!

Btw- man cans- love it!

34. sliverX

222oz and I have to get a growler yet. Shirt looks awesome. Was leaning towards this for the growler just for the name.

35. glitchedmind

Sometimes, I'm quite partial to coors light. And one of the times is when I see biglobo's avatar.
    Since I'm not entirely shy in front, nor behind a camera, I'm pretty sure I'll come up with something clever showing off my man hide cover.

36. baconsausage

baconsausage Jun 28, 2010 Vermont

I wish I could "dislike" that coors comment.... At least the part about liking it.

37. glitchedmind

I should clarify...I'm by no means partial to it when it comes to consuming to it.
    Killing weeds around my roses though? Yes.

38. BigGene

fit or not i will deff post a pic of me wearing the shirt

39. FishPondManager

FishPondManager Feb 28, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I will be sending multiple shirts. Better get creative with your pic, target X

Box is coming together nicely. Plan to fill the growler on Sunday on my way home from camping and will ship on Monday.

40. libbey

libbey May 18, 2008 British Indian Ocean Territory

Me too! Fingers crossed....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe