Noble Ale Works (Q1 2017)

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by JayORear, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FinnishFox

FinnishFox Initiate (118) Sep 28, 2016 California
    Trader

Yah, typically Monkish will do 3x 4-packs and they generally produce about 160-170 cases on a full run.

There have been some exceptions to the allotments.

2. Vito_Goes_West

Vito_Goes_West Initiate (46) Aug 31, 2016 California

Hey all,

Let's put this to rest. Drinking outside the parameters of our licensed establishment is illegal. If you feel it necessary to drink in line, you will be removed and unable to purchase. In fact you will be blacklisted period. Risking the license of our business not only jeopardizes our future, but also jeopardizes our employees livelyhoods.

Cheers,

The Marketing Director who reads this forum everyday.

3. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (938) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

Now this is how it should be done. Not like the other guys on the other side. Nothing. Thank you Vito.

4. homer281

homer281 Initiate (121) Nov 21, 2013 California

I believe last time it was shortly after midnight.

If you're asking what time you need to get in line to be guaranteed cans: some will say opening, but with the growing hype nobody knows for sure. This is really only their second hazy/hype-filled release.

Brent272smith likes this.
  5. NicIsAwesome

NicIsAwesome Initiate (81) Jun 30, 2014 California
    Trader

Usually someone will take a picture of the line and post it to Instagram(just search #noble or something) if it starts getting long. I'll usually check Instagram when I wake up. If there's a long line, I skip the release because I'm impatient.
    Noble has only done one can release and I believe people were able to get something if they showed up at opening (not positive on this but the info is somewhere in the thread).

6. homer281

homer281 Initiate (121) Nov 21, 2013 California

Thanks for clarifying, you guys are awesome.

Legally speaking though, doesn't telling the police officer, "I do as the romans do" negate any chance of prosecution? Asking for a friend.

7. taylordane

taylordane Initiate (137) Dec 28, 2015 California
    Trader

This is true.

8. Mikeushbeotch

Mikeushbeotch Initiate (83) Jul 27, 2014 California
    Trader

Asked this question a few days ago, and from what I gathered here and other places, I plan to show up around 10 and am confident that I'll get cans. I also saw someone from Noble chime in that allotments may be smaller this time to allow for more people to get cans. Long story short, I'll be there around 10 and feel good about getting a full allotment.

9. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (241) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

24k was first hazy can, but there was also "Dank you for being a friend" & "Nelson she wrote" released last year...

10. FinnishFox

FinnishFox Initiate (118) Sep 28, 2016 California
    Trader

This is true.

11. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

Both of which had a good amount of turn out. Even if Nelson She Wrote had a little bit of its thunder taken away when Monkish released a can release an hour or so before it went on sale.

12. j47paco

j47paco Initiate (129) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Trader

I'm no defense attorney, but I have been drinking and I can tell you that this is a water tight defense. And if that doesn't work, just smile and wink at the police officer and tell him "but it's Saturday!". The officer will most likely then high five you and move right along.

13. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

Officer: Is that an open container? Sir, you are aware I'm gonna have to write you a ticket for drinking in public.

Dude: uh-huh, cheers, man.

14. taylordane

Trader

Confirmed, 140 cs. Boy I'm good.

15. Vito_Goes_West

Would've been more, but then you kicked out some number and I was like sure 140 sounds good. We will just drink the rest...

16. taylordane

Trader

haha damn I thought I was smooth.
    See you Saturday.

Vito_Goes_West likes this.
  17. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (71) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

Was there a bunch of line cutting for 24k? People getting an allotment and then jumping back in with their "buds" and buying more?

Is Noble planning on doing anything to combat degenerate behavior this weekend?

18. Vito_Goes_West

Haha "combat degenerate behavior"...Maybe I'll do wristbands. The last thing I want to spend my time doing during these crazy ass releases is being a damn hall monitor.

Lingenbrau likes this.
  19. J-loco

J-loco Aspirant (213) Jan 23, 2015 California
    Trader

Right because they said drinking outside was cool right? I wouldn't be surprised that's one of the major reasons they went to weekday releases.

dcgunman likes this.
  20. Jafix

Jafix Initiate (71) Feb 7, 2016 California
    Trader

Definitely agree, people should police each other but we know that rarely happens at these releases. Appreciate the response, and looking forward to the release this weekend.

J-loco likes this.
  21. Brent212

Brent212 Initiate (160) Jan 13, 2014 California
    Trader

Not sure about people getting back in line, but there were a lot of people showing up and getting in with friends just before they got served. Which sucks for the people who actually waited the 1.5+ hours. I was a little in front of the cutoff, but I'd hate to be the guy ~50 people back who got to the door just as they ran out, when probably 50-100 more honest, hardworking line waiters should have walked away with some beer that day had it not been for this special type of subhuman.

22. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (554) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Brown Paper Ticket / Eventbrite ... all the cool kids are doing it :slight_smile:

23. BlazinHazen

BlazinHazen Initiate (70) Feb 12, 2014 California

Nearly broke my right index finger clicking that "like" button.

AlexM likes this.
  24. angelsfan27

angelsfan27 Initiate (22) Sep 2, 2015 California

Wish I'd gotten a full allotment of Good Googly Moogly the other day. Good stuff. I'm sure there's more good stuff to come, though.

Also... lines, kids, pot, sandals, beards, haze, bottle shares, line cutting, chairs, bros, wahh, wahh, wahh,;

FinnishFox and AlexM like this.
  25. AlexM

AlexM Zealot (554) Jun 9, 2011 California
    Trader

Good Googly needs to be in the year round rotation IMO ... dat stuff is GOLDEN!!!

sean_paul likes this.
  26. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (938) Jul 1, 2009 California
    Trader

Hey! What about us old cool guys? Or just old guys?

AlexM likes this.
  27. supertech

supertech Initiate (0) Oct 22, 2015 California

At the last release, i got there sometime after lunch just to try it on draft. there still was about 20 people in line so i got in and the 15th guy was the last one to get cans. Luckily saw a bunch of friends that had extras and gave me some.

28. gregoryG

gregoryG Aspirant (212) Sep 8, 2009 California
    Trader

He said "pot"

29. Frosty11161

Frosty11161 Aspirant (241) May 2, 2016 California
    Trader

If this happens, please wear the gold MC hammer pants from your costume wardrobe and shimmy along the line.

Vito_Goes_West likes this.
  30. OTB

OTB Zealot (505) Sep 2, 2011 California

Wonder if the cold wet weather will have any impact on the turnout ? With the max at two four packs I'm curious, probably not though.

Cheers,

31. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Aspirant (200) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Should be dry tomorrow.

32. OTB

OTB Zealot (505) Sep 2, 2011 California

Rain in the morning is very possible, but I don't think it will effect the lot lizard haze bros.

33. SoNiC21

SoNiC21 Initiate (169) Jan 20, 2015 California
    Trader

Along with their camping chairs, they'll bust out the E-Z up Canopy's lined up looking like a black friday sale.

#153 SoNiC21, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  34. j47paco

j47paco Initiate (129) Dec 19, 2010 California
    Trader

Hazy with a chance of Showers at Noble tomorrow?

35. BlazinHazen

BlazinHazen Initiate (70) Feb 12, 2014 California

Anyone got an estimate of the line? I was planning to be there at 10 but no earlier. Enough for 420 allocations...

36. NicIsAwesome

NicIsAwesome Initiate (81) Jun 30, 2014 California
    Trader

Searched #doubleplatinum on IG and found a line pic. Creeping on the comments revealed about 100 in line about 5 minutes ago. Paaaasssss

BlazinHazen likes this.
  37. Brent212

Trader

if you're not here now, and you're not one of the majority of people getting in line with friends, there's probably no chance. Line's long, and getting fatter by the minute

BlazinHazen likes this.
  38. BA-Landers

BA-Landers Initiate (100) May 2, 2014 California
    Trader

Well crap. I can't leave until 10:00. So if I don't get there until 10:30 I'm probably SOL?

39. Brent212

Trader

seems like it. I'm not even sure I'll make the cut. thought I was maybe 200 back when I got here, but I swear 100 people have walked past towards the front in 40 minutes. A guy just walked down announcing they'd be doing wristbands at 10:30. Well that's super helpful....

Fippy_Darkpaw likes this.
  40. AyeDogg

AyeDogg Aspirant (200) Oct 29, 2015 California
    Trader

Sucks, should of passed wristbands earlier or now to avoid more line cutters.

Fippy_Darkpaw likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.