Notch Brewing (2021)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Sheppard, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (265) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

6 Session Pils, 6 Left of the Dial.

2. Stormfield

Stormfield Aspirant (213) Feb 21, 2011 Massachusetts

No…you are kidding, right?

tigg924 likes this.
  3. Rysk22

Trader

Unfortunately I am serious... it's the first box I've been disappointed in. It's also the last month of my subscription so I'm debating on whether I should renew or not.

I first subscribed to get Pitch Line Pils, but that didn't work out. Regardless, I'd say I've thoroughly enjoyed about 50% of the beers I've received. I may just pass on the subscription and rely on mail order to get my hands on some of the brewery-only beers.

AlcahueteJ, Davl22 and tigg924 like this.
  4. Stormfield

Thanks — that is a disappointment, especially since they have some nice beers available on draft right now. I have one more month on my subscription, but I probably won’t resubscribe after this.

drez77 and tigg924 like this.
  5. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,161) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Rysk22 and tigg924 like this.
  6. tigg924

tigg924 Poo-Bah (6,673) Apr 30, 2008 Massachusetts
    Society

I 100 percent agree. I love Notch and became a subscriber thinking I could get their Octoberfest and a couple other goodies without trekking into Boston. I was hoping to get something more than I could find at Total Wine.

7. Hardcore-Midget

Hardcore-Midget Initiate (14) Jul 8, 2016 Massachusetts

Mine showed today.
    6 cans of Session Pils and 6 Left of the Dial. Tall boy cans.

Slightly disappointed as I was hoping for something a little unique for the holiday. But not too upset as I sip my first of the Pils, which I don't think I have had for at least a year. Nice to sat hello to an old friend.

8. Rysk22

Trader

The Pils is always delicious, and I know some of their release plans were interrupted by supply issues so I’m sure these past few boxes aren’t a great representation of their intentions…Either way, I’ve noticed that 12 beers a month, some of which aren’t my favorite styles, tend to build up in my fridge since it’s not like I stop buying beer elsewhere

Davl22 likes this.
  9. Davl22

Davl22 Disciple (342) Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Trader

I agree. I've loved the majority of my boxes but I honestly would rather have a shipment skipped if it means getting their brewery only beer the following month. It's my last box so I might hold off on renewing until their shipping/glass/production issues get better.

10. MattOC

MattOC Zealot (531) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

11. eaglephile

eaglephile Initiate (157) Jan 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

This. Is. AMAZING.

12. Stormfield

Salem location has been doing it for years, it’s only new to Brighton.

13. Rysk22

Trader

A crowler of stouts or DIPAs always felt like a lot to me, but a crowler of lager? Sign me up.

14. ChrisLohring

ChrisLohring Initiate (108) Jan 25, 2010 Massachusetts

Heard all.

80% of our current subscription members are outside of our distribution territory, so these two beers are new to them, and the 16 oz format for these beers are new to everyone.

We will extend the subscription by a month to anyone here who is unhappy with this month's offering, or will refund remaining months for those who want to opt out. Just send me a DM.

15. guinness77

guinness77 Poo-Bah (1,965) Jan 6, 2014 New York
    Society

I’ll take the refusal boxes. :grin:

16. Stormfield

I'm not surprised to see Chris offer refunds but, for me, it isn't necessary. I honestly would not feel good about accepting something for free unless there was genuinely something wrong with the beer. Left of the Dial and Session Pils are both fine beers, just not what I was expecting.

AirBob, Davl22, ljkeats and 8 others like this.
  17. Stormfield

I’m hoping we will collectively choose to suppress our inner Karens.

18. jaygates

jaygates Initiate (107) Apr 23, 2007 Massachusetts

Just saw that Brighton is going to start opening at noon on Fridays!

19. Rysk22

Trader

Completely agree.

Stormfield likes this.
  20. MattOC

Trader

Now that’s great news. Been hoping they matched Salem Friday hours for awhile. Being off Friday the rest of year just got better.

21. ILOVESTOUTS

ILOVESTOUTS Initiate (94) Apr 13, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

I’m not sure if this is well known, posted elsewhere, or perhaps I’m out of the loop….

Brighton is also filling 32oz crowlers to-go of whatever is available for on-site.

It was a very nice surprise to walk out with Černé Pivo to enjoy at home.

EnronCFO, AlcahueteJ and Sheppard like this.
  22. Stormfield

See above:clap:

ILOVESTOUTS and MattOC like this.
  23. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,310) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

Rerunning the 11th anniversary is much appreciated, and hope Chris eventually puts Desítka on LUKR

[​IMG]

24. ILOVESTOUTS

ILOVESTOUTS Initiate (94) Apr 13, 2006 Connecticut
    Trader

[​IMG]

Sorry for the repetitive content, folks. I should have scrolled up further.

AlcahueteJ likes this.
  25. Sheppard

Sheppard Poo-Bah (1,999) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I’m not sure if this is well known, posted elsewhere, or perhaps I’m out of the loop….

Brighton is also filling 32oz crowlers to-go of whatever is available for on-site.

I picked up 3 crowlers for Thanksgiving - Tenner, The Standard, and Cerne Pivo.

Also, Cerne Spezial is on draft at Brighton now. I had messaged Chris earlier in the day and he said it hadn't been on in Brighton yet. He said it was possible that they would have it this weekend, so it was a super pleasant surprise to be able to have some last night.

EnronCFO and AlcahueteJ like this.
  26. MattOC

Trader

27. AlcahueteJ

AlcahueteJ Poo-Bah (1,794) Dec 4, 2004 Massachusetts
    Society

Damnit! That’s right it’s Friday.

Ah well. Having Celebration on tap at Yardhouse in Lynnfield. Solid consolation prize (not the Lord Hobo one).

Can’t wait for the German Christmas Market tomorrow.

28. floozbag54

floozbag54 Initiate (55) Mar 25, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

It took 12 months, but Cerne Spezial is the best beer I had this year by a mile.

29. AlcahueteJ

Society

Can’t wait to have this today at the Christmas Market.

30. floozbag54

Trader

There be magic in them taps.

AlcahueteJ and DucRacer900 like this.
  31. crt3qjoejoe

crt3qjoejoe Initiate (108) Sep 14, 2005 Massachusetts
    Trader

Went to Brighton for the first time yesterday and had an amazing experience. I'm usually for IPAs and stouts but became a convert after a Tenner, Cerne Pivo and the above beer. Taking home a crowler of Cerne was icing on the cake. Can't wait to head back soon.

AlcahueteJ, DucRacer900 and Sheppard like this.
  32. jbarletto

jbarletto Disciple (336) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts

33. Trull

Trull Disciple (347) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

Cerne Spezial! Delicious!

[​IMG]

34. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (575) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Here drinking a Vienna at the moment. Can’t get over how perfectly Christmasy and laid back this place is on a cold day.

Also, I turn 40 next weekend and will likely be drinking at Notch with friends on Saturday, starting early afternoon. Lager guys are always welcome to stop by and say hello.

35. GlenMillsBeer

GlenMillsBeer Initiate (40) Jan 19, 2014 Pennsylvania

Just wanted to say that as an out of state first time notch drinker it was nice to get the year round or standard beers to really get to know the brewery. I found the pils to be absolutely outstanding and my brother also thought it was great. Excited for next month and thanks for bringing some great beer to my family's Thanksgiving table.

AlcahueteJ, Davl22, jbarletto and 6 others like this.
  36. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Aspirant (250) Nov 6, 2010 Saint Lucia
    Trader

I need a life more conducive to Notch visits. Related: Anyone want to cover for me at a swim meet tomorrow all day?

37. floozbag54

Trader

If you cover Monday school pick up and immediately to ballet, you’ve got a deal.

38. AlcahueteJ

Society

Ha, I was there at the same time as both of you. Drank the same two beers too.

Spezial is one of the most delicious beers I’ve ever had from them.

@EnronCFO I’ll definitely be at Notch next Saturday afternoon. My buddy is in town and has never been to the Brighton location.

Not sure what time, but if I see you I’ll definitely grab you a lager or three. Happy birthday…I hit 40 in a few months as well.

jbarletto, DucRacer900, Trull and 2 others like this.
  39. Trull

Trull Disciple (347) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

I brought a crowler of both beers home. Splitting the Vienna now with my son as we get ready for the Pats! The Spezial is up next!

40. AlcahueteJ

Society

Couldn't think of many reasons not to go. Tickets purchased for Kölsch night.

BigDummyLamont likes this.