NYC Bars near world trade

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by dymmig89, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dymmig89

dymmig89 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2011 New Jersey

Should be taking a day trip out there next weekend. I am horrible with location in the city and cant pinpoint what is where.

What are the good craft bars in that area. Im going with a group that will be going up the new observation deck so I figure that buys me an hour to find a decent spot

2. WiscoNYC

WiscoNYC Initiate (0) Jan 12, 2012 New York

The only spot really right around there is Clinton Hall. On the pricey side, but usually a solid selection of taps and a good place to hang with a group. A little further of a walk is a new spot called Pier A Harbor House. I've never been so can't comment on it.

And you can always use @Kanger 's map to help find places:
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zwC6ezBHVgzI.kyMuRsydhsSU

jrnyc and Kanger like this.
  3. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,617) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

South of the Freedom Tower is Stone Street where there are a number of bars that serve craft beer right next to each other. I personally have only been to the Stone Street Tavern but there are a number of others to choose from within spitting distance of each other. The above link mentions Route 66 Smokehouse on Stone Street.

Since it is NYC, remember to bring lots and lots of money. I was at the Stone Street Tavern for a Friday Happy Hour for just beer and no food. I hate to report how much lighter my wallet was afterwards.:slight_frown:

Cheers!

Tbub18 and Kanger like this.
  4. Kanger

Kanger Initiate (0) Sep 3, 2013 New York

Yeah a lot of places around the Financial District are notoriously expensive.

5. Roze

Roze Disciple (365) Dec 10, 2012 New York

The closest to the observation deck is Clinton Hall but if you head to Stone Street the very best bar option there is definitely Growler Bar & Bites. They easily have the best beer in that area. Mexican Cake is currently on tap...

http://www.thegrowlernyc.com/

Kanger likes this.
  6. dymmig89

dymmig89 Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2011 New Jersey

Thanks guys. Im only looking for a beer or 2 so i dont think ill be completely broke. Gonna look at these places on beermenus the night before and pick my spot

7. Belittle

Belittle Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2013 New Jersey

8. TheCuriograph

TheCuriograph Disciple (324) Apr 1, 2013 New York
    Trader

How is Barleycorn? I pass it, like, every day on my way to work, but I've yet to go in.

To the OP, though, I definitely recommend Clinton Hall if you don't mind spending a little more. Great outdoor space, ideal on a nice day.

There's also Mudville 9. Pretty good selection, very good wings.

http://www.mudville9.com/

9. Belittle

Belittle Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2013 New Jersey

They rotate taps pretty frequently. It is a large place which helps when it gets crowded plus they have an upstairs. I like it. Never had any food so I can't comment on it.

TheCuriograph likes this.
  10. SFC21

SFC21 Crusader (780) Jan 31, 2010 Florida

I second TheCuriograph, Mudville is great. If you are on Chambers you may as well stop into The Patriot for a beer. It is the dive to end all dives but I love the place.

WiscoNYC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.