OC Bottle Share @ Pearl St General in Laguna Beach 2/5 6pm

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by PeprSprYoFace, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeprSprYoFace

PeprSprYoFace Savant (938) Feb 18, 2008 California
    Trader

Hey guys the details are finalized. We will be having a bottle share for any BA's that wanna come @ Pearl St General courtesy of the very generous Iriepirate21. There will be sausages provided but if you could bring an appetizer/snack to share (enough for a couple people) that would be great. It will be during the Art Walk that happens in Laguna on the first Thursday of every month starting next month so if you want to take off after a while and check it out it should be pretty cool.

You can bring something to grill as well if you want and there are take out options right next door too/ Pearl St General has some cool items to buy as well at the beginning while staff are still there to assist you with your purchase.

Below is the sign up sheet so we know how many are coming and what you are bringing so we don't have all the same beers/snacks. Similar/same snacks are ok for a few people to bring since they will be shared. Please bring 2 20oz or 750ml bottles. 2 12oz count as one. You can bring a few more if you want but don't expect to drink all of them, we don't want trashed people messin up the nice store/Laguna Beach.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns here. This should be an awesome time

http://www.pearlstgeneral.com/ 1796 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, California 92651

Rollzroyce21 and crbooher like this.
  2. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Devotee (489) Jan 7, 2013 California

3. BlazinHazen

BlazinHazen Initiate (70) Feb 12, 2014 California

Kind of wish it was on a Friday or Saturday but I'm game for now because I would like to meet other OC BA'ers and drink some good beer.

Also, thanks @PeprSprYoFace and @Iriepirate21 for setting this up!

PeprSprYoFace likes this.
  4. CplCast

CplCast Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2013 California

I'm gonna try to make it but I'm moving next week and my wife's aunt is in town. The bad news is that I dont have any rare beers saved because I am all about instant gratification and I have no room to store them. The good news is that I'm headed up to Kern River on Saturday to pick up a few bottles of Citra and whatever else is available. I probably won't know if I'll be able to come until last minute but I've never been to a share before so I really hope I can make it.

5. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

I hope it works out well for you all. Too far and too costly for taxi/Uber.

TrojanHopHead likes this.
  6. homer281

homer281 Initiate (121) Nov 21, 2013 California

I'm in with a +1/DD, bringing Modern Times Rampart Junction and Stone Mikhail's Odd, along with cheese/crackers.

7. Iriepirate21

Iriepirate21 Initiate (84) May 2, 2012 California

Going to be a great time, I hope anyone that can cruise, does indeed cruise. I have one special bottle to share, as well some dank IPAs (which are also special, just not super rare special).

And to clarify on food options, we have a bunch of sausages to grill so that's no big deal. And our store has tons of snack items available. If anyone wants to bring something special, or a particular meat to grill that's cool. Next door are two restaurants that both do takeout: mozambique grille, and some thai place.

And people should take time to check out Artwalk at some point. It's fun, and the town get's hopping. Good date night stuff, so an excuse to get the ladies out of the house for a bottleshare.

My name is Nick, and I'll be the tall dude. (I'm 6'7 260) Looking forward to next Thursday...

ps-Thursday is the new Friday!

PeprSprYoFace and homer281 like this.
  8. elzacharino

elzacharino Initiate (77) Feb 26, 2014 California

Have fun! It's a bit far of a drive for me from North Orange County with no DD. I know someone mentioned it above, but maybe we can get a North Orange County bottle share going as well.

9. JoshBeerNow

JoshBeerNow Aspirant (275) Sep 23, 2014 California
    Trader

Sadly it isnt far from me but I can't make next Thursday. I'm down for the next one for sure though!

10. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

Plenty of stuff to do around there to sober up before you go home guys but if you are still uncomfortable with it i understand

11. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Zealot (576) Jul 9, 2010 California

gonna try and make it.

12. MichaelGV

MichaelGV Initiate (0) Apr 2, 2008 California

Can't make it this time but hope you do it again.

13. erichxedge

erichxedge Initiate (120) Nov 29, 2009 California

I'll be away for work this night. Bummer ... Hope to make the next one! Have fun everyone!

14. crbooher

crbooher Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2010 California

Thank you for getting this going @PeprSprYoFace! I can't make it this time (I have a major work deadline the next day), but I hope this is just the start. If there is a share the next month, then will most likely make it.

15. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Poo-Bah (5,767) Oct 13, 2007 Wisconsin
    Society

I'm in.

One question; should we bring our own glassware, or will that be provided?

16. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

I would bring a glass. Ill prob just have a taster size 4oz glass to limit my intake so i don't get hammer time.

TTC likes this.
  17. Earlycsquid

that's usually what I end up doing at bottle shares these days. Bring in one of those small tasters like from Bottle Logic to limit the intake of booze.

18. homer281

homer281 Initiate (121) Nov 21, 2013 California

Any problem if some of us show up a little after 6?

19. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

No. A couple people will be showing up around 6:30-7 so no worries. Show up when you can

20. Twitcho

Twitcho Initiate (97) Aug 1, 2012 Utah
    Trader

Count me in. Haven't decided what to bring yet, but it shouldn't disappoint.

21. APreacher

APreacher Initiate (0) Jun 6, 2012 California

doood....atrial vertical bro.

22. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

I have a couple bottles im bringing to do small verticals with. I found a bottle of 2006 big foot and bringing a couple 2009's too to add to the 2010 thats coming. Also found a 2009 DL too so we will be doing 2009 and 2010. Also 1999 JW lees and 2002 to add to the 2001.

DoubleJ likes this.
  23. Twitcho

Trader

You drank all of mine brah!

24. ocgasman

ocgasman Initiate (89) Dec 29, 2013 California
    Trader

I'm in, prob car pool down with another member here.

25. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

Some awesome beers in there, excited for thursday. We need to do this like every 2 months

crbooher and TrojanHopHead like this.
  26. Twitcho

Trader

Thanks for setting this up guys! This could turn into something really awesome. Looking forward to seeing you all there on Thursday.

27. beerman4

beerman4 Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2009 California

Yeah that's too far for me as well. We should do one at Valiant! I'll be there Thursday or Friday if anyone wants to meet up.

28. 01Ryan10

01Ryan10 Initiate (0) Sep 10, 2011 California

I've got 2 growlers of "Hella Hoppy" that I should get rid of by this weekend (they were filled about a week ago). I'm thinking of just taking one to Noble or Valiant this Saturday afternoon and asking the staff if it's cool to open. Of course some pours for the staff.

crbooher likes this.
  29. jeff1973

jeff1973 Champion (878) Aug 10, 2010 California

I'm thinking about going. It looks like you guys already have about 20 people. Is there a limit?

30. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

No limit. Come on down

31. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

We would have had it there if they had returned my emails. They even liked the idea but then nothing

32. beerman4

beerman4 Initiate (0) Mar 22, 2009 California

I hear you on that. I live across the street and can talk to the tasting room manager Nate and see if wee could do it next time. I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as we also buy their beers as well.

33. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

Yeah I was talking to the head brewer and he said he was suppose to have nate set it up but then nothing so i dont know

34. Earlycsquid

See the last part is the tricky thing. Look at that spread sheet so far. Do you think that folks will be able to handle more beer? Holding it at a brewery or any location that can't benefit from it via sales in food or to-go bottles just seems non conducive and if it were at Valiant this go around and was tackling the list of things already being brought to the table, would in no way want to be buying more beer.

35. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

This is why i originally wanted to do this at my apartment complex but I understand RSM is pretty out of the way for most

36. DrinkNoH2O

DrinkNoH2O Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2009 California

So bummed I can't make it as I live close by, but will be in Michigan this week. I'm in for next time for sure.

37. crbooher

crbooher Initiate (0) Apr 8, 2010 California

I'm not sure that a brewery will necessarily demand people buy their beer. Most brewers and people working in breweries love beer, and there are probably some that would be happy to have a few pours and chat with other people who love beer.

38. TTC

TTC Initiate (87) Jul 16, 2013 California
    Trader

I definitely agree this would be a good possibility and exception - the key would be to not interrupt any business either. I do know Beachwood was cool with a share we had a few months back, and I made it a point to share with the workers and order plenty of food. We still caught heat from some other BAs because the bottles we brought (lots of IPAs) matched Beachwoods best offerings (IPAs). Go figure :slight_smile:

39. steeb

steeb Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2013 California

Ahhh, so bummed. I gotta flake because some last minute things came up. I was totally looking forward to making the '12-'15 Sucaba vertical.

I will definitely be down for another time, keep doing the lord's work PeprSprYoFace.

40. PeprSprYoFace

Trader

I was bringing Abacus too to add to the vert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.