Odd Side Black Friday Bottle Release

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by BEERschlitz, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raj

Raj Disciple (363) Jun 25, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

What's the cost on hipster stout? They are 12 oz bottles right?

2. wezzul

wezzul Initiate (0) Dec 17, 2009 Michigan

3. Raj

Raj Disciple (363) Jun 25, 2014 Illinois
    Trader

4. Lazhal

Lazhal Devotee (477) Mar 13, 2011 Michigan
    Trader

5. LambicPentameter

LambicPentameter Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2012 Nebraska

Must bring own forklift.

needMIbeer likes this.
  6. vette-ss

vette-ss Initiate (181) Nov 5, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

I've got my U-haul rented already.

7. Robdiesel21

Robdiesel21 Initiate (0) Aug 6, 2014 Michigan

I was not able to attend the BBIMM release but a buddy picked it some for me. i know for a fact that some of the guys that were taking 6-10 cases were from the East side that bought for like 10 people. does it look bad, yes. not saying its right either but it isnt one person drinking that much mayan..... at least i would hope not!

8. Robdiesel21

damn it... i was told not until after the new year some time....

BEERschlitz likes this.
  9. core42

core42 Zealot (557) May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Essentially the same issue/shitshow that people complained about with Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock release last year

10. Robdiesel21

that i would have no insight on. from what i have heard Kuhnhenn's releases are a little crazy anyway.

11. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

don't listen to beershits, he is as much in the know about Bell's stuff as playaplaya. people are starting that rumor thinking it will make their oddside/bcbs experience less crowded. bell's doesn't plan shit out like that, ever.

BEERschlitz and core42 like this.
  12. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

Eh I was pretty much following up the comment that I'd made right before it with more grade A Bullshit. I thought it seemed obvious. I guess not as much as it needed to ha-ha.

13. Fargrow

Fargrow Initiate (0) Feb 7, 2013 Michigan

14. Robdiesel21

i assumed so but i also need reassurance in regards to BN... you know how that goes.. better to hear no twice then any other response.

15. Robdiesel21

very true. i have my ears and had hopes just so i could drink some... but making it next year will also be easier for me! too much goodness to buy!! cheers and maybe i will see you around the state at the releases

16. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

I'm so back and forth on this. 1:45 each way for me. Don't know if I can swing it since I don't want to bring the little guy

17. Robdiesel21

not sure of you distro but try and make the most of it and stop at some random bottle shops or a brewery you can get a growler to go..... i understand the little one issues.

18. trevor12087

trevor12087 Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2014 Michigan

Ok, best chance of shortest or no line? Showing up at 9? Do I need to show up early? Or let it cool of, and swing by later? Thanks

19. ColonelHopslam

I trust that this will last, I'm showing up after 9 for sure

TheGoof and Robdiesel21 like this.
  20. Lazhal

Trader

If you want a chance at Hazel's nuts with a small line, show up about 10:30-11. If you don't care about that beer, show up about 1-3pm and I would expect you'll be golden.

21. apendecto

apendecto Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2009 Michigan

I'll be there around 9pm. We'll see what happens. Worst case scenario, I drink a lot of good beer.

Fargrow and ColonelHopslam like this.
  22. Jmorey

Jmorey Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Michigan

I don't think biting into a hazelnut would even have as much flavor as Hazels Nuts. That was a freaking nutty beer.

23. MittenBrews

MittenBrews Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2015 North Carolina

Saw Mokka Munt will be released Friday, too. Any insight on quantity, bottle limits, or price? @joshflashgordon

24. Touchmyteku11

Touchmyteku11 Initiate (0) Sep 16, 2015 Michigan

Where did you see that? Odd Side released a schedule and Mokka Munt isn't until December

25. Belle27

Belle27 Initiate (33) Jun 21, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

The MM release was on Facebook.

26. mich34

mich34 Initiate (56) Jan 5, 2015 Michigan

facebook is where this was posted:

Want to try Hipster Brunch before Friday? Clubhouse BFD will be tapping it tomorrow and Ashley's Ann Arbor will be tapping it Tuesday.

Also we will be release Mokka Munt- Imperial Stout aged in Brounbon Barrels with Coffee and Mint, this Friday too!

Touchmyteku11 likes this.
  27. Touchmyteku11

Just saw the post, haven't had any but I'm sure this release will be more popular and busy now!

28. Robdiesel21

well there goes the already busted wallet!! any of you guys bankers and can hook a Fellow BA up with a loan? haha

29. bassfishingguy

bassfishingguy Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2014 Michigan

I was under the impression that I wasn't working Black Friday, but it appears that I was wrong... Fortunately, I'll be able to avoid the Friday shift by working 6am-4pm (earlier today), going back in at 3am (Tues. morning) - 3pm, and then working 10 hours Wednesday. I plan on being there around 9, regardless of the shit show I'm going to have to endure.

After learning about 30 minutes ago that the local store (about 1.5 miles away) will be getting BCBS, I'd really like to make sure I can get back in time to get some of that goodness as I've never tried it.

30. the_King

the_King Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2013 Michigan

What's everyone else work schedule for the rest of the week?

31. ColonelHopslam

Thanks for sharing

32. Touchmyteku11

What store? I'll grab some bcbs for you :wink:

33. Ckoz

Ckoz Aspirant (293) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Just had 2015 Hipster-a lot smokier than 2014 for sure. Still really good but I do hope the smokiness dies down a little.

Hazels nuts was amazeballs.

TypsiYpsi likes this.
  34. Lazhal

Trader

Total opposite for me. I had em both earlier too. Loved Hipster and thought Hazel's was meh (as compared to Hipster). Both are great beers.

35. DogfishRyan

DogfishRyan Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2011 Minnesota

Booooo. Smoke can easily ruin beers for me. That's too bad as the smoke is what I'd want to be the least of flavors to taste in Hipster Brunch.

TheGoof likes this.
  36. Lazhal

Trader

If its any consultation, I do not enjoy smoky beers either. Yet, I still really enjoyed Hipster.

37. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

If it's smoky like bacon I could probably find a way to be OK with it. Smoky like smoked malts I may have a problem with it.

38. joshflashgordon

joshflashgordon Initiate (0) Oct 4, 2014 Michigan

We have a small amount of Mokka Munt that will be at the Black Friday release. It's the same pricing as the others, $5 a bottle, $17.50 4pk, and $100 a case. It will have a 1 case limit. We will also be releasing more later in the year. I hope to meet a lot of you guys there Friday. Say hi, I will be the one dressed as "Hazel"...

39. bassfishingguy

bassfishingguy Initiate (0) Apr 19, 2014 Michigan

I'm all set lol. I've learned to kiss the ass of those selling me beer, and so I should be more than good on this front :wink:.

Anything for you Sir :wink:. I definitely had that coming though hahaha. More than anything I meant to say "This means if my local store has it, I'm guessing MANY stores will get at least some". Apparently in my half awake/half sober stupor, I left that line out lol.

40. ColonelHopslam

I was mostly referring to you transcribing your hour to hour work plans.

bassfishingguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.