Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Official Fremont Brewing/Brouwer's 7th Anniversary beer (aka 575) thread

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by draheim, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Feb 20, 2009 Washington

Yeah, I know that a few hoarder/traders can make a big dent, but BW is usually excellent about limiting stuff that is in too short a supply. Frankly the "no limits" tweet is why I waited to go in, I figured the supply had to be huge. Live and learn! My typical Murphy's law experience would have been to take time off from work, rush in there get my bottles and see the beer available a week later and feel like an obsessive idiot. Glad the brewery will limit, so I have a chance on Saturday to get my 2.
    Geez. Guess I'll know that other BAs will be there too......

draheim likes this.
  2. draheim

draheim Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

About a year ago, I left my desk and literally ran (OK, walked briskly) to Westlake Whole Foods the minute I saw the tweet about Collage.

3. SatlyMalty

SatlyMalty Sep 12, 2012 Washington

Collage is still turding up the shelves here in Spokane.

4. suncrust

suncrust Apr 17, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Off topic side note - I dig the Max Ernst avatar.

5. OakedCanuck

OakedCanuck Jun 23, 2009 Washington

Haha. There has been about 30 bottles of Collage on the shelf at my local Fred Meyer as of yesterday. On sale for $11.79 or something.

6. draheim

Beer Trader

Collage is still basically everywhere I think. I still think it's a great beer (still have 11 more at home), it's just that only so many people will pull the trigger on a bottle priced @ $1/oz.

7. OakedCanuck

Ya it is decent. I think there are way better beers to spend $12-15 on, like anything Fremont, BR releases, etc.. And the fact that these have been sitting on a FM shelf, unchilled, flourescent light blasting 24hrs a day...

yojimbo1 likes this.
  8. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Jan 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

I was BW around 5pm. Four bottles were on the counter. I asked or three. Guys said there was no limit. "I know, but my $ is limited, at least that's what my wife says. Three will do." No idea how many were left at that point. Two other people were in the store.

9. HuskyinPDX

HuskyinPDX Jan 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

Tweet about an hour ago that BW has more bottles.

10. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

Thanks to Texwild.

11. Prudence

Prudence Jan 6, 2011 Washington

Still 10 bottles or so on the counter as of 6:00 pm today.

12. TysonA

TysonA Dec 12, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Just got my bottles and the guy behind the counter said he had plenty more.

beefandbean22 likes this.
  13. NWer

NWer Mar 10, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

He said that yesterday! Bummer that people who showed up yesterday left empty handed.

14. draheim

Beer Trader

Sounds like maybe there was some kind of mix-up or snafu toward the end of yesterday. Hopefully by now everyone who wanted at least a bottle or two has had a reasonable chance to get it. And of course, more will be available @ the UBG Saturday. I'll be happy with four bottles... I think.

15. TysonA

TysonA Dec 12, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

I was thinking the exact same thing when he said it to me too. I did see at least 2 unopened cases behind him when I left. So not sure what he considered a lot. Was just happy Fremomt did a delivery today.

16. Lansman

Lansman Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Brouwer's Cafe had bottles available for $30 for consumption on-site as of last night.

Passed that up for an 09 Fred From The Wood. Wow. What a fantastic brew with some age on it. Pricey now, but fantastic.

Prufrockstar and NWer like this.
  17. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

I'll just hang out at home, and wait to get a bottle on Saturday for $15 with zero lines or hype. Love it.

NWer likes this.
  18. fsck

fsck Apr 13, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

No mix up, they said yesterday that they had two different deliveries of cases that day. Sounds like they got a third delivery today.

19. draheim

Beer Trader

I just opened another bottle of The Lamb, enjoying it much more than the first bottle I had fresh. The Brett is doing its thing, the wine notes are more in harmony but still in the background, and the coarse grainy aspirin quality I'd picked up on is gone. Fremont may have just released this too soon, a mistake they clearly didn't want to make with OBR.

ArchEnemyBrew likes this.
  20. ArchEnemyBrew

ArchEnemyBrew Mar 21, 2010 Washington

Had a bottle of the Lamb about a month ago and really enjoyed it. I endorse this post.

draheim likes this.
  21. NWer

Beer Trader

I only bought two. Gave one away & drank the other several months ago. Looks like I'm SOL.

22. twelveinches

twelveinches Oct 26, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

Saw the Lamb still instock just the other day @Trails End in Snohomish.....

NWer likes this.
  23. draheim

Beer Trader

That's what I like about this site. People helping people.

NWer likes this.
  24. podunkparte

podunkparte Nov 14, 2009 Washington

Damn! I know places gotta make money, but 100% markup on a beer that is available on shelves right now? No thanks

NWer likes this.
  25. TheEarl

TheEarl Apr 10, 2012 Washington

UBG had 35 cases of OBR. As of 30 minutes ago, 3 are gone.

26. NWer

Beer Trader

Mission Accomplished. Picked up two The Lamb plus a few others and made a friend. Ace is a great guy.
    Thanks for the tip Twelve

twelveinches likes this.
  27. distantmantra

Beer Trader

Bebeau and I were at the UBG this afternoon with our wives and daughters. Lots of Bridge Rider to go around. Little Woody is on tap again, too.

28. CHILLINDYLAN

CHILLINDYLAN Dec 13, 2008 Washington
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I got a Little Woody when I grabbed my two OBRs.

FalconA likes this.
  29. FalconA

FalconA Aug 10, 2011 Massachusetts

*snicker*

BuckeyeOne likes this.
  30. LiquidAmber

LiquidAmber Feb 20, 2009 Washington

Very tame scene at the UBG when I picked up my two this morning. I was there when they opened and mentioned to the server that it was rather mellow for a release (only three people were there); he let me know that this is apparently a lot for opening and predicted a busy day. Maybe, but I've seen as many people on a normal Saturday morning just for growler fills. Anyway, this is a very nice English style barley wine and it continues my great admiration for Fremont. They certainly have mastered a wide range of styles and really shine with most of them.

NWer likes this.
  31. draheim

Beer Trader

I think I might have been there @ the same time. I showed up around 10:55, my daughter and I took a little detour on our way home from her ballet class.

Gotta love a Fremont beer release; guy at the counter said he'd forgotten this was the day they were putting OBR out for sale, didn't know what the price was (even though it was written on the cardboard sign next to the bottles), and apparently didn't have it entered in their system for sale. Other breweries can keep their lotteries, tickets, lines and hype. I'll take the mellow and low-key rare beer transaction every single time.

KiMiRaiK, csano, NWer and 4 others like this.
  32. distantmantra

Beer Trader

Yesterday was the perfect day to hang out at the UBG. Have some cold beers, eat lunch and just enjoy the sun. Old Bridge Rider bottles were just a bonus.

mdaschaf likes this.
  33. OakedCanuck

Headed to the UBG this afternoon, I'm assuming they'll still have some OBR... Cheers!

34. fsck

fsck Apr 13, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Looked like they still had plenty, a bunch of cases sitting there.

35. OakedCanuck

Yup, there were 6 cases there as of yesterday at 14:00.

There were a total of 50 cases produced (600 bottles). 15 cases went to Bottleworks and 35 cases for the brewery. Just an FYI.

36. draheim

Beer Trader

According to this post, Brouwer's also had bottles for sale @ $30 each (no idea how many). So... math pleeze?
    Also, you'd think Brouwer's would get a reasonably substantial allotment of its own anniversary beer.

37. OakedCanuck

No idea how many went to Brouwers (perhaps some of the 35 cases allotment?). I'm just repeating what the Fremont EMPLOYEE told me.

38. draheim

Beer Trader

Yeah, I know. I didn't mean to imply your numbers were no good; just being my typical smartass self. There's also a post up above saying 35 cases were available @ the UBG. I'm just saying something's not adding up, but I have no idea where the discrepancy lies.

39. distantmantra

Beer Trader

I'm guessing that part of the Bottleworks allotment went to Brouwers for on-premise sales.

40. jpbebeau

jpbebeau Sep 11, 2011 Washington
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Especially since it "sold out" at Bottleworks that first afternoon.

distantmantra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe