Latin America Old Mission Brewery?

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by DrAwkward82, May 2, 2012.

1. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Apr 16, 2005 California

I'm going on a cruise this weekend that includes a one-day stop in Ensenada, and was looking for any information/opinion on Old Mission Brewery (http://www.oldmissionbrewery.com/, but their English language site seems to be down).

No beer listings or reviews on BA, but I'm sure after a macro-driven beer list on the ship, I'll be more than ready to check out ANY actual craft brewery. Anybody know how easy/difficult they are to get to and whether it's worth the trek?

2. rhoadsrage

rhoadsrage Jun 23, 2004 Illinois

3. PaulQuinn

PaulQuinn May 27, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

Agave IPA, very interesting. Is there any tequila notes to it? Or at least can you draw some similarities?

4. aljordan

aljordan May 2, 2006 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I was there about a month ago. the 2 IPA were good. the stout was a little thin for my tastes. they are located down town and not on the peninsula south of town like the address on BA claims. 6th street and something else. whatever road the cortez hotel is on. super friendly brew master as well. was able to speak to him for a few minutes.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe