Latin America Old Mission Brewery?

Discussion in 'The Rest of the World' started by DrAwkward82, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Initiate (55) Apr 16, 2005 California

I'm going on a cruise this weekend that includes a one-day stop in Ensenada, and was looking for any information/opinion on Old Mission Brewery (http://www.oldmissionbrewery.com/, but their English language site seems to be down).

No beer listings or reviews on BA, but I'm sure after a macro-driven beer list on the ship, I'll be more than ready to check out ANY actual craft brewery. Anybody know how easy/difficult they are to get to and whether it's worth the trek?

2. rhoadsrage

rhoadsrage Poo-Bah (3,695) Jun 23, 2004 Illinois

3. PaulQuinn

PaulQuinn Initiate (174) May 27, 2011 British Columbia (Canada)

Agave IPA, very interesting. Is there any tequila notes to it? Or at least can you draw some similarities?

4. aljordan

aljordan Initiate (136) May 2, 2006 Indiana
    Beer Trader

I was there about a month ago. the 2 IPA were good. the stout was a little thin for my tastes. they are located down town and not on the peninsula south of town like the address on BA claims. 6th street and something else. whatever road the cortez hotel is on. super friendly brew master as well. was able to speak to him for a few minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.

Learn More
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.

Learn More
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.

Learn More