Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Canada ordering beer on line from US for delivery to Point Roberts

Discussion in 'Canada' started by 604growler, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 604growler

604growler Jul 20, 2009 British Columbia (Canada)

Hi Canadian/BC BAs,

I'm planning to try ordering beer on line from the US for delivery to Point Roberts, where I'll drive and pick up and pay duty if I have to. Any advice on which web site to use, or other strategies?

Thanks all

2. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Have done this 3 times to Pt Roberts, and I recommend going to Bellingham or Blaine. Reason being, FedEx seems to open packages destined for Pt Roberts, and some of the beer websites mark their boxes 'Containing Alcohol' I've had two boxes sent to Pt R sent back.

HalftimeBeverage.com uses UPS and they're the only ones I've successfully had shipped to Pt R. Have also ordered from Merwin's and Luekens but had those sent to Bellingham.

604growler likes this.
  3. andrenaline

andrenaline Nov 14, 2009 Ontario (Canada)

So your experience with Halftime was good? I've been contemplating an order with them for some time. They seem to have a solid selection, how are they for quality? Are the beers reasonably fresh?

4. JonnyBeers

JonnyBeers Oct 24, 2012 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

I'd stay away from regular IPAs, had a Founders that was quite old. Unless it's a new release or something. Other than that quite good. Customer service response is a little slow, just make sure you know exactly what you're ordering first. Also the free shipping can take a few tries to work with the promo code. They don't have super rare things, but I did order Bourbon County from them once.

5. andrenaline

andrenaline Nov 14, 2009 Ontario (Canada)

Thanks for the insight! Much appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe