Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Oregon beers, not found in Washington?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Fish, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fish

Fish Dec 19, 2012 Oregon

If you lived in WA and wanted to grab a few beers that were not easy to find there while on a trip to OR, what would you grab?

2. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

Russian River then some more Russian River.

3. Fish

Fish Dec 19, 2012 Oregon

I should have seen that coming a mile away.

What if you wanted IPA's?

4. BuckeyeOne

BuckeyeOne Mar 9, 2008 Washington

PtE and some more PtE. Just kidding.

I can't imagine there are any Oregon IPAs that WA folks crave that can't be found here. There was a day when Oregon got AleSmith and Ballast Point and we didn't but those days are over.

Fish likes this.
  5. Fish

Fish Dec 19, 2012 Oregon

Got it. I was trying to send a buddy of mine something that he can't just walk into a store and grab, and I'm having a harded time of it than I first thought.

6. honkduh

honkduh Jun 2, 2011 Oregon
    Beer Trader

@laurelwood1: Megafauna IPA on sale now at our NE location! Only $7.50 a bottle. Get yours today!

Smurf2055, MADhombrewer and Fish like this.
  7. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Oct 15, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

Unless I'm mistaken, Crux and The Commons are both not distributed in Washington. Also, you could get growler fills for your buddy from smaller breweries like de garde.

8. Fish

Fish Dec 19, 2012 Oregon

Shhhh. I was keeping the Crux for myself.

beefandbean22 likes this.
  9. OctopusPrim

OctopusPrim May 12, 2013 Washington
    Beer Trader

Cant go wrong with RR, Crux or Commons! First things that come to mind are Jolly pumpkin, Heater Allen, Shelton Bros stuff

10. distantmantra

distantmantra May 23, 2011 Washington
    Beer Trader

No Crux in WA. But I can hook you up.

And.... De Garde is here in the state. There's a keg of Desay in Seattle right now just waiting to be tapped.

barleywinefiend likes this.
  11. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Oct 15, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

Thanks, but luckily I get down to Portland enough, so getting Crux isn't difficult for me.

Had no idea about De Garde tho. That's pretty cool.

12. Spaceloaf

Spaceloaf Nov 27, 2008 Oregon

For IPAs, I'd imagine that Block 15's Sticky Hands would be near the top of the list.

Kopfschuss and DimensionX like this.
  13. DimensionX

DimensionX Oct 1, 2010 Oregon

You could get some growlers or half growlers filled at Tin Bucket

http://growler-station.com/tinbucket/

They usually have a De Garde on tap along with some Block 15 and a few other things that aren't being bottled. I picked up a growler(swing top) of Sticky Hands and let it sit around for 2 weeks, it was incredible.

They also have a nice bottle selection with good prices.

deGardebrewing and beefandbean22 like this.
  14. Mages64

Mages64 Sep 7, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

Drake's hoppy stuff:)

15. deGardebrewing

deGardebrewing May 3, 2013 Oregon
    Beer Trader

And.... De Garde is here in the state. There's a keg of Desay in Seattle right now just waiting to be tapped.[/quote]

Wait... What?
    Where and how?

16. Timceattle

Timceattle Nov 28, 2012 Washington

Wait... What?
    Where and how?

17. draheim

draheim Sep 18, 2010 Washington
    Beer Trader

Oregon breweries I seem to hear a lot about that I don't think are distributed in Washington:
    Ale Apothecary
    Bend Brewing
    Block 15
    Breakside
    Commons
    Crux

Someone please corrrect me if I'm wrong about any of these. And tell me where I can find them.

Sarlacc83 and Kurmaraja like this.
  18. boMD

boMD Feb 8, 2009 Oregon

This.

19. beertunes

beertunes Sep 24, 2007 Washington
    Beer Trader

I've heard so many good things about Barley Brown's that I'd like to try their brew. I've never seen Terminal Gravity in the Evergreen State either.

20. mtbeer3649

mtbeer3649 Feb 10, 2008 Washington

commons is in wa, can find it in vancouver area,not sure how wide the distro is though.

21. pjdipes

pjdipes Nov 18, 2012 Washington

Can bottles or growlers of any of these breweries be found on my down the Oregon Coast? (Astoria/Cannon Beach/Tillamook) I'm making my yearly family vacation in two weeks.

22. jgrgas

jgrgas Feb 10, 2006 Oregon

We're still self distributing in Oregon and Washington. We keep By the Bottle and the New Seasons in Vancouver stocked, but lack the resources to get more beer around the state. Occasionally some Seattle area folks are in Portland and bring back bottles. The Beer Junction is picking up a couple cases of Urban Farmhouse, Flemish Kiss and Madrone early next week and Brouwers should have bottles of Flemish Kiss still in stock.

libbey and beefandbean22 like this.
  23. dirtylou

dirtylou May 12, 2005 Washington
    Beer Trader

What's the story with the massive abundance of Commons beer in Vancouver (BC) - like every reputable bar and store? Just a 1-time thing or active distribution?

24. jgrgas

jgrgas Feb 10, 2006 Oregon

We have sent a few shipments up to BierThirst, our distributor up there. We hope to make a few shipments up there a year.

Torontoblue and Lurkaholic like this.
  25. Lurkaholic

Lurkaholic Jun 14, 2013 British Columbia (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Very happy to hear that. Thank you!

26. pudgym29

pudgym29 Mar 14, 2009 Illinois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe