Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings!

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Oskar Blues Tasty Weasel vs. Home Made Liquids & Solids

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by claspada, Mar 22, 2013.

1. claspada

Beer Trader

Looking for some tips/pros/cons on both and if one is more worthy of a stop on a roadtrip. (More beer-wise, I am aware one is a restaurant with a full menu.)

2. HookedOnWinter

They're about 2 minutes from each other, so doing both is easy. When are you thinking? The beer list at HMLS is awesome this week.

3. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

The Tasty Weasel is far more likely to have unusual OB firkins, taps and cans, while Liquids & Solids will have many of those (definitely NOT all) along with 40+ taps from other local and regional brewers as well.
    If you're specifically hunting for OB stuff, the Weasel is the better bet without question. If you're just looking for good beer in general, L&S is the way to go. The food is pretty damned good, too.

JCDenver and darklordlager like this.
  4. claspada

Beer Trader

Not until mid-May, going to have limited time on my way to Denver so I wanted to pick one or the other. Probably will be there afternoonish.

5. HookedOnWinter

I'd personally go with Tasty Weasel. It's cool to see a brewery of that size making one offs like they do, and it's an impressive brewery tour if you have the time.

6. gklover1

Beer Trader

Seriously, hit the Tasty Weasel first. See if there is anything special on tap that catches your eye. The best-one-off Oskar Blues stuff will be there. If nothing looks special to you, L&S is literally a block away. I do it that way everytime. Sometimes, I close out the Weasel. Sometimes, I end up spungin on a sofa at L&S.

(Anyone catch the reference?)

7. SalukiAlum

I go to the Tasty Weasel to party and drink OB beer! Liquids and Solids are for the food and/or checking out the guest taps too.

8. Jasonrm72

Beer Trader

pretty much everything is covered.
    I'll just add that on occasion the Weasel will have BA versions, in particular Ten Fidy aged in various barrels. Every one has been stunning.
    If you want OB stuff, Weasel has all the standards plus some that dont get canned, one offs and BAs.
    HMLS is so close, you can make a quick Weasel stop, check it out, and head to HMLS if nothing does it for you

darklordlager and gklover1 like this.
  9. joshclauss

Beer Trader

The Tasty Weasel has The Deuce. Liquids and Solids does not.

</debate>

10. claspada

Beer Trader

Weasel it is, thanks for all the help kids.

Jasonrm72 likes this.
  11. JMBSH

Beer Trader

Hit me up when you came out. I'll buy you a beer at either place.

12. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

Oh yeah - the Deuce is now gone but they have replaced it with 4-packs of oSKAr the G'Rauch. That's a smoked IPA collaboration with Ska. While not as amazing as the Deuce, it's still pretty tasty.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe