O'so 7th Anniversary Party

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by robear, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ri0

Ri0 Poo-Bah (3,070) Jul 1, 2012 Wisconsin
    Society

Is anyone able to answer this? Are we 100% sure these are all brewery only releases?

2. Barrelagedbatman

Barrelagedbatman Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Wisconsin

MUCH EXCITE

3. kalvarez

kalvarez Initiate (44) Jul 22, 2010 Wisconsin

Ugh.....at least you didn't mention the San Diego beer scene....

4. cptnspeed1

cptnspeed1 Initiate (0) May 20, 2010 Wisconsin

All the Funk Factory ones will be. Not sure about the others. Bottle counts should be similar to Door Kriek for everything except the currant one. My guess is around 300 bottles for that.

5. Kbyfield

Kbyfield Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2009 Wisconsin

If anyone from the Madison area (+/-) wants to mule some of the Nighttrain variants back for me, I'd be grateful. I'm sure I can find something worthwhile to thank you with (along with paying for the bottles of course)

PM me if you're interested and able. Thanks

6. boomer31

boomer31 Disciple (328) Apr 14, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

Question...what starts at 4? The bottle release? Does the brewery open before 4? I'd love to come but it's a long drive and I'd prefer to have all day to sample all the goodies. Can anybody clarify for me?

7. THANAT0PSIS

THANAT0PSIS Champion (815) Aug 3, 2010 Wisconsin

All indications seem to be that the party starts at 4:00. Seems as if the normal hours are 3:00-10:00 on Saturdays, it seems sort of unlikely that they'll be open at 3:00, but who knows. Email or call the brewery to find out.

8. bmony26

bmony26 Initiate (130) May 2, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

The taproom opens at 4:00 for the anniversary party. I believe the bottle releases will be the same as the sour's release in January. You come into the taproom and are given a ticket. When you ticket is called you will go into the brewery where there is a table setup with the beer. You grab the beers you want to purchase then pay the cashier setup in the brewery. Then you exit out of the brewery, put the beer in your car, then come back in and enjoy all of the beers. Also, if you are there to just purchase bottles, you still have to donate $15 to Toys for Tots. In my opinion, if you are willing to drop $20 for a sour then why can't you drop $15 so a kid can get a Christmas present this year.

9. simonpeter

simonpeter Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2011 Wisconsin

Anyone coming to the party that has any Cantillon they would be willing to trade, or share with me? Im a brewer at CW and have been dying to try this stuff lately.

10. cptnspeed1

cptnspeed1 Initiate (0) May 20, 2010 Wisconsin

I'm in Madison and I don't think I'll max out on either. I really only want two of each, maybe 3 blackberry, and I'm sure the allocations for those will be bigger than 3.

What have you had and what are you looking to try?

11. jefeld

jefeld Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2010 Illinois

Simon ill gladly open some cantillon with ya tomorrow, just text me 312 952 5172 around the time of the party!

12. simonpeter

simonpeter Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2011 Wisconsin

Hey guys,

Im really looking to try anything from the brewery. I have never had a Cantillon, and have recently been getting very intrigued at researching their brewing process and brewery. any love would be appreciated, and i am more than willing to give tours at CW if anyone wants to head over there and hang out. I am a huge fan of krieks, but would love to try any of their beers.

13. Phil_H

Phil_H Aspirant (212) Jun 4, 2013 Wisconsin

I was at the taproom last weekend talking with one of the guys there who said they finally have there barrels all filled, all 1700 of them!!!! Said the plan is to start pumping out there sours to there full distro footprint in the near future.

Ri0, Mitchell57 and WI-Beer-Man like this.
  14. Ri0

Society

You just made a bunch of people very, very happy. :slight_smile:

Dontcounttoday likes this.
  15. Phil_H

Phil_H Aspirant (212) Jun 4, 2013 Wisconsin

O'so is making the right moves, lots of opportunities in the sour market in Wisconsin.

16. Barrelagedbatman

Barrelagedbatman Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Wisconsin

I'm bringing a rum king, dark aparition, liquid bliss. Someone bring something to counter

17. bigthirst

bigthirst Initiate (119) Jan 30, 2013 Wisconsin

anybody know if the BANT Coconut is in bottles? or any other last minute additions to the bottle list?
    I have a local making a run and was just trying to make it easy on them (she is non-BA)

18. Ri0

Society

tap only

19. bigthirst

bigthirst Initiate (119) Jan 30, 2013 Wisconsin

The door kriek was $20....anybody know what the price of the the night train offerings was?

20. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (6,524) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

Sounds like all of the beers they released are pretty f'ing good, especially Door Kriek.

Gotti311 and UWBadgerFan4Life like this.
  21. mykey120

mykey120 Initiate (121) Aug 13, 2012 Wisconsin

Ba night train and all the variants were 12.50 a piece, no limits

22. Ri0

Society

Hopefully I can trade for some of those if anyone is looking for Tyranena's new BA Stout.

23. UWBadgerFan4Life

UWBadgerFan4Life Defender (611) Jul 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Trader

Will be in bottles soon. :wink:

PseudoBen and Ri0 like this.
  24. Dactrius

Dactrius Poo-Bah (1,753) Apr 23, 2012 Netherlands Antilles
    Society Trader

Great party with tons of great beer. O'so is an awesome brewery and I wish they were closer so I could partake in those 40 taps more often.

But I still have to toss out a complaint because this is the internet and constructive criticism is helpful, right? I was very surprised when I saw they were serving 2012 BA NT given that all the bottles were infected and recalled. I figured what they were serving must not have been infected...I figured wrong. Why the hell would you serve that?

25. djhowell

djhowell Disciple (348) Apr 1, 2009 Wisconsin

Great party, we had an awesome time. They were pretty swamped at the beginning of the night mainly because of all the sampler platters people were getting. They may be better off only serving those 30 mins or an hour in once everyone has gotten settled in. That said, the platters were the way to go if you wanted to put a dent in the 41 taps. Beer selection and prices were great. Bottle distribution was well run and quick (hardest part was finding a pen to fill out the form).

We got dinner at Mikey's next door and will likely return the next time we stop by O'so. I thought it was going to be more of a bar but it had a proper menu and everything was pretty good.

That area is lucky to have 2 great breweries right there.

DantheMan75 likes this.
  26. jefeld

jefeld Initiate (0) Mar 31, 2010 Illinois

Great party great beers great people. Only critique would be as already mentioned the apparent pouring of infected beer (didn't taste myself) and the samplers that were severely holding up the line but overall great time see you 12/20!

27. Kbyfield

If there's a Michael J. Patterson here, they found your credit card in the parking lot.

28. THANAT0PSIS

The party was awesome. BANT and variants were fantastic, especially Coconut and Poblano. I was really impressed with the very full mouthfeel they managed. The 100% Brett Pilsner was really interesting and very good as well. Fantôme Brett was weird and sort of tasted like banana Runts, and the RAYdient was really good but I couldn't shake the sour gummi worm flavor that it distinctly had. Lastly, Saskatoon berry was superb and was my beer of the night (on tap). There was a lot of complexity to it and a heap of berry tannins. Thanks O'so for the great time; I'm looking forward to the next releases.

Oh, and Door Kriek was so good that I decided not to trade any of it. In all honesty it was up there with the best American wilds that I've had simply due to the ridiculous cheese funk that one seldom finds outside Belgium.

O'so and Funk Factory's futures are so bright right now. What a time to live in Wisconsin.

Ri0 likes this.
  29. AstraXtreme

AstraXtreme Initiate (137) Mar 21, 2014 Wisconsin

Does anybody know if there are still bottles available for purchase at the brewery?

I'm sure Door Kriek is long gone, but since the BA NT variants didn't have a limit, I'm hoping they brewed a ton of it.
    Tried the poblano variant last night and it was phenomenal. Would love to try the other ones.

30. Kbyfield

(715) 254-2163

31. derkfromwi

derkfromwi Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2011 Wisconsin

2,000 bottles each of the NT variants

32. Ri0

Society

So a case each of the BBNT Varients showed up at Jennifer St. Market today. It was a great use of my lunch hour!

33. Gonzoillini

Gonzoillini Initiate (0) Oct 15, 2008 Illinois

Be sure to let them sit in a warm (70 degree's ish) area for at least a week or two as they are not fully carbed up yet (opened a blackberry last night from the release and its flat).

There was a sign mentioning this at the release party.

Cheers!

Ri0 likes this.
  34. Stevedore

Society Trader

Didn't know that. That's nice to know. However, you'd think they'd let the bottles carb up for a while before sending it out to distro..

35. SkippyChop

SkippyChop Initiate (53) Jan 31, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

That was for carbonation reasons? good to know. I was thinking they forgot to carb the poblano based on the bottle I opened on Sunday.

36. Mitchell57

Mitchell57 Initiate (159) Jan 8, 2013 Wisconsin

Anyone that went should open bottles somewhere with me...I wouldn't say I regret not going, my wallet doesn't mind it. :>

37. OBD

OBD Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2014 Wisconsin

Few of the Blackberry and Pablano[sic?] (and a lone BBA) were sitting on the shelf at Eastside Woodmans in Madison as of last night. They weren't in the vicinity of Winds of Change on the shelf but instead tucked in on the import bomber wall.. kinda easy to miss if you aren't looking. They must have got in another small shipment of stragglers.
    Just in case anyone was still looking...

38. THANAT0PSIS

Wonder if they're carbed yet...

39. OBD

OBD Initiate (0) Nov 18, 2014 Wisconsin

I have a bottle of each, of straight bourbon and the poblano. Gonna wait another couple weeks before I consider opening them.

40. Stevedore

Society Trader

If they're sitting in the cooler, I seriously doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.