Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Parabola release date announced

Discussion in 'Beer Releases' started by jvillefan, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myron317

myron317 Oct 28, 2012 New Jersey

Do you happen to know who distributes them in NJ? And that's pretty quick compared to Sucaba.

2. thampel09

thampel09 Apr 27, 2010 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

I forget the name who brings them in.. But I have my eye out at a few stores.. hopefully in the next couple of days they will be here.

3. DanH83

DanH83 Feb 14, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Peconic Beverage in Southampton has about 12 bottles of Sucaba, 2013. They had no idea about Parabola. When I get back to Manhattan Sunday Ill check with my usual guy......we'll see.

4. coffeeguy

coffeeguy Feb 13, 2013 Illinois

Saint Charles got cleaned out pretty quick. The last place I saw it at was the Geneva Sav Way but it might be slim pickings at this point.

5. riemster

riemster Mar 17, 2011 Ohio
    Beer Trader

Origlio Beverage in Philly who distributes FW acted like it could be weeks. :[ I just called today.

6. jdhowe

jdhowe Mar 18, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Pinole and Albany BevMos did not get any Parabola today. Albany acted like it was unlikely that they'd see either Parabola or Stone IRS at this point, having thus far received neither. Pinole still had Stone IRS in stock (picked up 2 more and there were more behind on the shelf, but I'm not sure how deep that stock goes).

Apparently Geary in SF has some Parabola at 1 bottle/customer limit. Not sure if it's a BevMo location or some other place on Geary, but it's worth looking into if you are in/around SF and want Parabola.

7. SnowFlowMfg

SnowFlowMfg Dec 13, 2011 California

Nothing in Northridge! I hear we might not even get any even though were two hours from SLO.

8. broodog

broodog Jul 18, 2009 Illinois

Scored two in the West Suburbs of Chicago. $20 a piece a two different liquor shops. Both shops sold out of their allotment within 24 hours.

9. myron317

Just stopped by my local shop, said he spoke to the distributor and they are "expecting to deliver in August." However, anecdotally, the guy said that they say this every year and end up delivering in early June, and once, early July. Also, he found a bottle of Sucaba for me that someone didn't claim. All in all, a useful trip.

jdhowe likes this.
  10. alucard6679

alucard6679 Jul 29, 2012 Arizona

Might be a dumb question, but does anybody know how much Parabola was released this year. Cause the bottle I picked up last night had #004 on it. Just curious, thanks either way : )

11. jdhowe

jdhowe Mar 18, 2013 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Pretty sure the bottle I had of 2012 had #003 on it, and the bottle I've had of 2013 had #004, so I'm guessing it's numbering of releases (someone confirm?). The bottles say 3500 cases, so at 12 bombers/case, that's 42000 bottles of Parabola unless I'm misinterpreting it.

alucard6679 likes this.
  12. alucard6679

I was thinking that was a possibility too, I just wasn't sure how many release there had been. Thanks for the response

13. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Jan 31, 2005 California
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Los Angeles and Riverside got it before Orange County (by a few weeks). And my friend who lives in Ventura County, 2 hours closer to FW, still hasn't found a drop. Boy, distribution is very logical.:confused:

14. NYRfan4ever

NYRfan4ever Oct 30, 2009 New Jersey
    Subscriber

Yeah its pretty quick. I called stores and they said its in their systems. I believe High Grade distributes their stuff and maybe Nash.

myron317 likes this.
  15. tonyshlangini

tonyshlangini May 18, 2012 New York

They had it last year for about $20. I also checked on Thursday night and they did not have any.

16. Paccamacca

Paccamacca Sep 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

My local Whole Foods finally got theirs in- picked up 5 bottles. Had one today. Wow.

17. alucard6679

Just finished my only bottle, and I kinda hate the fact that this is most likely the only time I'm going to be able to enjoy this beautifully crafted BA RIS til next year. The hype is well deserved in my opinion!

18. beer_soup

beer_soup Dec 21, 2012 California

Randomly stopped by a local bevmo a few days ago and grabbed a couple bottles. I've had it on tap recently so I'm gonna hold these for a while.

19. myron317

In most of Jersey, it's Nash. They hold onto it for a bit before releasing and decide each year where to send it. Again, anecdote from local shop beer guy.

20. NYRfan4ever

Subscriber

Agreed. I hear the same from my beer guy. However, two beer shops I go to told me it's in their system and their deliveries from Nash and High grade are this week Mon and Tues. Can't wait to grab as much of this brew as possible.

21. NYRfan4ever

Subscriber

A great video related to this brew.

Jazzpha, myron317 and craftpunk like this.
  22. myron317

Keep me (us) posted :)

23. thampel09

Beer Trader

i'm stalking and calling 10 stores in my area all this week.

So douche who is the biggest nerd ever at my one local yesterday tried telling my GF that they already got it in and out. She questioned when he said Early April. .. I really don't think he was expecting the response he got from her figuring she was just some stupid girl who didn't know anything about beer, boy he wasn't aware the training and knowledge i've drained into her head!

SadMachine and myron317 like this.
  24. jefferyc

jefferyc Dec 5, 2008 Michigan

just got a case of this sent to me here in michigan :)

25. scotv

scotv Jan 8, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

just spoke with my local go to beer store and they told me they sees two cases on the order sheet... expected to come in tomorrow!

im in upstate NY btw

26. JGLittle

JGLittle Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

I was told by my local go too beer guy that is Western Mass its "anytime between now and Memorial Day." We'll see.

27. besaunders

besaunders Nov 8, 2007 California

What county?

28. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Nov 20, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Where upstate? Need to get a friend to grab some till I can get there in June

29. ThatCracker

ThatCracker Nov 20, 2012 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Buy, box, ship.

30. mhjets

mhjets Jun 17, 2009 Colorado

Are there any places in the Denver area that have Parabola left? I was able to snag a couple last week, but I don't think that all of the stores got their shipment.

31. thampel09

Beer Trader

you want this?

32. JGam115

JGam115 Apr 8, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

Via FW's Northeast rep, Parabola hit distributors May 3 in NY and NJ. Shipments also received for MA, RI, and NH (either same-day or yesterday). Most retailers should begin selling it tomorrow thru the end of the week.

33. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Apr 2, 2013 District of Columbia

Which hopefully means it'll be hitting D.C. in the not too distant future. Thanks for the heads-up; this is great news!

34. Squiggy

Squiggy Feb 18, 2013 Michigan

Hook me up....Im serious.

35. thampel09

Beer Trader

My locals get their shipments in today and thursday. I will be calling them and stopping by everyday this week for sure than. Hopefully this happens!

36. Absolut

Absolut Sep 19, 2011 California

Simi Valley Bevmo had 1 case left Sunday.

SnowFlowMfg likes this.
  37. visionaries

visionaries Mar 10, 2010 California

Picked mine up already :)

38. FedgE_The_Beer_Baron

FedgE_The_Beer_Baron Apr 4, 2013 Illinois

Just got my third bottle. Drank one already it was amazing

39. SnowFlowMfg

SnowFlowMfg Dec 13, 2011 California

Thanks for the heads up!!!!! I'm gonna give em a call.

40. Paccamacca

Paccamacca Sep 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

This was the store in Redwood City (San Mateo County). I'd been badgering the guy there for weeks so he called me to say it had arrived before it even hit the shelves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe