Parabola Sightings

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by radium, Apr 17, 2013.

1. besaunders

besaunders Nov 8, 2007 California

It's come and gone at a number of San Diego North County Bevmos. "Yeah, we have it, but it's all been sold to orders."

2. larryCA

larryCA Mar 20, 2011 California

Various Bevmos in San Jose have it.

3. usofar

usofar Dec 23, 2010 California

UPS just delivered my 5 bottles from Bevmo online. Never would have expected UPS ringing my door bell at 9:15 pm. That's a new record, and I thought 7:30 during Christmas time was late.

4. PlinyTheYoungest

PlinyTheYoungest Jun 30, 2009 California

How much did it cost to have those shipped?

5. besaunders

Still showing up on Bevmo Solana Beach's web page inventory - 8 bottles left.

6. Cboat

Cboat Jun 6, 2012 California

Nice tip on the cheese counter. I went in Tuesday night and was able to pick up the 2 bottle limit! And only at $16 a bottle I was stoked. Considering it's "Whole Paycheck" their beer prices are actually as good as, if not better than most bottle shops and there are always tons of gems to be found.

cheers!

7. usofar

Including shipping it came out to $18.50 a bottle. I'm sure I saved more in gas than I paid in shipping (avoiding driving to 5 different places to get a 1 bottle limit).

Joenajera and PlinyTheYoungest like this.
  8. blguillen

blguillen Apr 19, 2011 California

woot! bring on Saturday! :p

9. usofar

But didn't you get the "last one" at Bradley's. If you want another I can go give him one as a gift and he can sell it to you for $$$.

heatwaves, blguillen and ZombieJester like this.
  10. blguillen

blguillen Apr 19, 2011 California

Zing! Hey, wrong thread, buddy! ;)

usofar likes this.
  11. Highbrow

Highbrow Jan 7, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

lol, not for the beer. but i meant, leave your debit or credit card at home & then try to your luck getting out that place with a cart full of groceries. :)

12. RedBeeron

RedBeeron Jul 7, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

The fact that Bevmo (15.99/bottle) pricematches to TW helps me justify the amount of gas being used driving all over the place.

Bevmo HB has three bottles left, but also had some Sucaba on display near the refrigerator section, as well as a lonely bottle of XVI.

13. grandmachine

grandmachine Mar 11, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Bills Liquor in Atwater Village just got some today. $15.99 per bottle (limit 1)

14. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Aug 30, 2012 California

Still nothing in the east bay.

15. angrygrimace

angrygrimace Apr 11, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Mira Mesa BevMo came and went, apparently. They never sent me any email update despite having me on the "update when in stock" list, but I ended up just buying them through the site and paying the shipping for the most part (they didn't send a shipping confirmation either, in fact, they just showed up on Tuesday).

16. SageO

SageO Jul 13, 2010 California
    Beer Trader

Yeah, looks like Bevmo didn't send out emails this time. Boo.

17. ehammond1

ehammond1 Jul 4, 2008

BevMo Oceanside still has roughly 1.5 cases as of 15 minutes ago. Strict 2 bottle/person limit. Cheers, all!

ryno09 and StarRaptor like this.
  18. BobbySRCA

BobbySRCA Aug 18, 2012 California

BeerCraft in Rohnert Park, CA got 4 cases in today, no limit. $15.95 a bottle and they are hoping to get more soon

19. Joenajera

Joenajera Apr 26, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

And certainly the time saved driving is worth something as well. :)

20. Johnnyramirez

Johnnyramirez Nov 17, 2012 California

Where abouts in the East Bay? Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton have had it for about a week now. Can't speak for the rest of the areas in the East Bay

21. CommanderOfAwesome

CommanderOfAwesome Aug 30, 2012 California

Oakland, Berkeley area. It's no where to be found here. If it's like sucaba Oakland will get it in another month. Took 5 weeks from when SF got sucaba for it to be available in Oakland/Berkeley/Rockridge. Makes no sense.

22. sandiego67

sandiego67 Feb 25, 2008 California

Someone mentioned that the brewery in Paso Robles has them. Do they hold some back to sell year-round?

23. imyourhero21

imyourhero21 Oct 9, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Yea they do. But after a few months the price goes up. Nice to be able to get them later on but there is a price to pay

24. RedBeeron

Beer Trader

Mr kegs in HB got theirs today. Didn't ask how many cases, but the lady sold me two bottles when I asked of there was a bottle limit.

25. akang

akang May 3, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

BevMo in Point Loma (in San Diego) got some in yesterday, 1 bottle limit. I was able to pick up a bottle earlier today.

26. MontereyBay831

MontereyBay831 Dec 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Bevmo in Salinas. there is no bottle limit. Just took this picture 20 minutes ago.. (took the picture before i grabbed them.)

[​IMG]

27. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

Any Costco sightings yet?

bladerR likes this.
  28. besaunders

Seriously?

29. sirtomtom

sirtomtom Dec 10, 2010 California

Some Costco's got Abyss, why not Parabola?

30. Joenajera

Beer Trader

I got XVI at my local Costco last year. Haven't seen Parabola there yet.

31. mrcraft

mrcraft Dec 15, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Total Wine in Redondo Beach had 12 bottles when I went there today at 6 p.m. 8 bottles up front on top of a barrel near the cashier and 4 bottles in their seasonal section. (1 bottle limit, $13.99)

32. besaunders

Very few - the ones within a few miles of the brewery.

So yeah, maybe the Paso Robles Costco will have it. Paso Robles Costco? Whoops!

33. heatwaves

heatwaves Oct 17, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

How do you pricematch at Bevmo? Do you have to show a TW receipt? I never knew this... and it's great!

34. Joenajera

Beer Trader

I've had them match prices I found on the total wine website using my phone.

35. RedBeeron

Beer Trader

It's actually company policy to beat any TW price by one cent. If you ask at checkout they'll look it up (I assume on their POS device), in my case I had a receipt from the total wine I had visited prior to visiting bevmo(s). I have it on very good authority that you don't actually have to show a receipt or have it pulled up on your phone though.

36. Earlycsquid

Earlycsquid Jan 7, 2013 California
    Beer Trader

seeems like Costco is going heavy on Bear Republic, Stone and Alesmith right now in SoCal. Finding Racer5, Espresso IRS and Alesmith IPA all over the place.

37. DougOLis

DougOLis Aug 15, 2008 California

Just had some at the Copenhagen Beer Celebration

38. walterfredo

walterfredo Nov 22, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

for realz

39. ryno09

ryno09 May 1, 2010 California

Thanks for the heads up. That 0.5 case is mine! :D

ehammond1 and StarRaptor like this.
  40. Rau71

Rau71 Dec 12, 2011 California
    Beer Trader

They do keep some in stock for a long while, but they don't usually raise the price until it is closer to the next years release coming out, then it is vintage.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe