Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

PDX best brewery

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by djbreezy, May 1, 2012.

If you had to choose one from the following, which is your favorite Portland brewery?

1. Deschutes

8 vote(s)
  2. Hair of the Dog

28 vote(s)
  3. Breakside

2 vote(s)
  4. Cascade Barrel House

14 vote(s)
  5. Hopworks

3 vote(s)
  6. Upright

10 vote(s)
  7. Widmer

1 vote(s)
  8. Lompoc

1 vote(s)
  9. Bridgeport

0 vote(s)
  10. Laurelwood

0 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpinto6

cpinto6 Feb 25, 2010 Georgia

Awesome, good to know!
  2. John_M

John_M Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Beer Trader

The original, main brewery is in Bend, and yes that's a ways from Portland. However, there has also been a brewpub in downtown Portland for several years now (where you often find unusual "one off" and/or other experimental beers on tap). The brewpub also has most of the core beers, typically several things on cask and/or nitro, and usually one or two reserve beers (Abyss, Black Butte XX, Stoic, etc.).
  3. beefandbean22

beefandbean22 Oct 15, 2008 Washington
    Beer Trader

Yeah, I heard about the mixed six-packs. That sounds amazing, just wondering what the price will be of those six packs. Should be a great day/weekend of beer for sure
  4. ccrida

ccrida May 26, 2006 Oregon

I'll go with deschutes, especially since I'm sitting here right now enjoying one of their pub-only brews, Angler IPA 2.0, a very light malt (all pilsner and flaked oats), stronger ABV NW hop bomb, which is my preference in IPAs. I love a lot of the other breweries mentioned, but I end up here the most, primarily due to location and hours...and of course the big line-up of beers which are pretty cheap...the food is mostly solid as well, although I mostly just come for beer.
    boMD likes this.
  5. m4ttj0nes

m4ttj0nes Feb 21, 2012 Oregon
    Beer Trader

HotD for me, their rotating FTW tap keeps me coming back. I really enjoy splitting vintage bottles with friends as well as the fair food prices.
    boMD likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!