Dismiss Notice
Curious about recent updates to the site and app? Check the Announcements forum for updates.
Dismiss Notice
Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings.

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

PEGS RareR DOS Growlers from 12/21 holding up?

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by DanGolfs86, Mar 5, 2013.

1. DanGolfs86

I've got one of these and am having trouble scheduling a tasting. I just wanted to see if anyone had opened one recently and could report on it's condition.

2. MarcatGSB

Opened one at the Central Water's Anniversary party just over a month ago, and it was as good as the day I bought it (if not better). But haven't heard anything more recently than that. My bottles were kept in the basement at 55 to 60 degrees.

3. DanGolfs86

Thanks for the input, I've got mine at 54 deg in a fridge, will probably have it opened in a couple of weeks, just wanted to make sure it's not starting to fall off or anything. I've heard from others that they are still holding up well.

MarcatGSB likes this.
  4. krl2112

Beer Trader

This is good to know because I have one as well and am holding it for a tasting in 2 weeks.

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe