Perennial Artisan Ales (2020)

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by bread_c, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Luscious_Malfoy

Luscious_Malfoy Poo-Bah (2,756) Oct 5, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

that’s awesome.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  2. Ericstl6

Ericstl6 Initiate (111) May 26, 2008 Missouri
    Trader

Clearing up the crowler question. So yes the cans came in. They are currently using Hardesty's machine from Narrow Gauge at the brewery. Plan is to run through some of the draft they have at the brewery as they don't know when inside tasting room will reopen. Eventually they are looking at purchasing a crowler machine for the Webster brewpub.

Hoping to have some crowler selections this weekend for the holiday.

I can also tell you they have the patio set up for social distance drinking. Right now cans only outside served from a bar Chuck built out of recycled and stained pallets. Setup is at the garage door where releases happen sometime.

3. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

looks like crowlers make their debut today. nice selection of meriwether, hommel, resilience and romanesco. very cool of NG to loan them their crowler machine.

narddawg314 and OakvilleKGB like this.
  4. MKE_Hopspur

MKE_Hopspur Initiate (64) Mar 15, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

Nice twist on the typical BA Vermillion! Excited to try it just hope it's not overly sweet, but Perennial knows what they're doing so not too worried.

"Maple Barrel Aged Vermilion is a first time variation on our barrel aged, English style Barleywine. The result is a ruby hued beer bursting with raisin and caramel notes upfront, and a rich maple finish. Aged for 14 months in Heaven Hill Bourbon barrels used for maple syrup, we hope you enjoy this special version of Vermilion as much as we do."

kbergen28, core42, bread_c and 2 others like this.
  5. jed_productions

jed_productions Initiate (195) Jul 2, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Perennial released BA Vermilion to the public this morning via their website. I was surprised how long it lasted since it is the first time being in maple barrels. I'm excited to try it.

6. RRSTL

RRSTL Initiate (52) Feb 12, 2019 Missouri
    Trader

Anyone hear if BAA will be next on release for Perennial? Seems like it would be coming soon, though I know that means nothing.

7. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (104) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Member e-mail mentioned it should be the next Societe release

8. Heisenbrew

Heisenbrew Initiate (146) Aug 21, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

ISO member stout voting email

9. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (193) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Society Trader

BA Vermillion was pretty good. Now I am looking forward to the BAA release and the possibility of a BA Ambiente release around the same time since the non-BA versions were released at the same time. Hoping to do a side-by-side.

10. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

really looking forward to trying BA Vermilion 2020. the maple barrels sound like a nice twist.

i noticed a new crowler option on their square sit today... In Droves Schwarzbier

OakvilleKGB and Affinity like this.
  11. Lorddevn

Lorddevn Initiate (58) Mar 10, 2019 Wisconsin
    Trader

Is this the chance to buy just one beer or is it basically a lottery release for Maman? Where they are donating their entries to a good cause.

12. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

raffle pick to give the winner a chance to buy the bottle i think.

13. Joedro

Joedro Initiate (43) Apr 27, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

Raffle to win a Maman bottle outright (not purchase), I'm pretty sure. Money to great causes! Do it if you can!

Also In Droves is really good. Really tasty and a nice low ABV. I'm a big fan.

Luscious_Malfoy and OakvilleKGB like this.
  14. Ericstl6

Trader

Just to clarify on In Droves. It's technically a Bluejacket beer (brewed up there) that Perennial collaborated on.

15. RRSTL

Trader

Did I win?

Luscious_Malfoy likes this.
  16. SaucerfulOfSecrets

SaucerfulOfSecrets Initiate (137) Jul 13, 2015 Missouri
    Trader

you get a chance to try it yet? they had onsite bottle pours last weekend, had a plastic cup pour. I got a ton of maple and not much barrel. thick too, almost chewy. Good but I'm letting my bottle chill for a bit before I open it.

OakvilleKGB and Luscious_Malfoy like this.
  17. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

opened a bottle last weekend at a share, but it was a little later in the share. was a bit sweeter than usual but good mouthfeel. i think i’m with you though - will be waiting a while before opening my other bottle.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  18. flat_lander

flat_lander Crusader (727) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Anyone see Maman emails from CBC lottery yet?

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  19. Heisenbrew

Trader

20. RRSTL

Trader

I got mine this morning.

21. KevinJohnson2

KevinJohnson2 Devotee (463) Jul 8, 2013 Michigan
    Society Trader

Me and three friends in Michigan registered, two received emails this morning and two did not... Super small sample size obviously but thought I'd share.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  22. flat_lander

flat_lander Crusader (727) May 11, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Welp, happy to save the $50 + gas on this one. Congrats to all who won!

23. FightingIrish70

FightingIrish70 Initiate (78) Sep 28, 2009 Missouri
    Trader

I received an email this morning, but I also purchased Perennial beer to increase my chances with 10 extra entries. One other person in my group received an email (they didn't have extra entries) while three other people in my drinking group didn't receive emails.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  24. Affinity

Society Trader

Curios how this compares to regular Maman or TWCP

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  25. stave000

stave000 Initiate (28) Nov 5, 2019 Missouri

Just got an email from the Clayton location 10-15min ago after everyone had posted and I thought I lost so maybe check again

OakvilleKGB, Affinity and flat_lander like this.
  26. AlexIrigoyen

AlexIrigoyen Initiate (60) Jun 3, 2016 Missouri
    Trader

Just picked up a bottle of the new CBC Maman and it says "contains lactose" on the side. I've never had Maman before. Do the other years all say that/have lactose added?

I'm sure it will be great either way. Just curious.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  27. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (419) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I’ve only had 2019 Maman and the bottle has “contains lactose” on the side of the label.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  28. MKE_Hopspur

MKE_Hopspur Initiate (64) Mar 15, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

Both 2018 and 2019 say it contains lactose, not sure about earlier years.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  29. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

2018 & 2019 for sure. i don’t think 2017 or 2016 said that.

OakvilleKGB likes this.
  30. Heisenbrew

Trader

It has always had it as far as I know, but they stopped using lactose towards the end of 2018 so the 2020 non CBC release might be the first time without it.

31. Heisenbrew

Trader

As a PSA: you have to use craftcellr to get your bottles now. If you have someone proxy for you, you have to assign them as a proxy for each bottle now, and they have to show an email for each bottle they’re picking up.

#152 Heisenbrew, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  32. TNCraftBeer

TNCraftBeer Initiate (154) Oct 7, 2014 Tennessee
    Trader

So I don’t have to use my normally assigned proxy? Wonder if they are still enforcing the “proxy limit”?

33. Heisenbrew

Trader

They didn’t even ask for I was picking up for. Just had to show them all the emails.

OakvilleKGB and TNCraftBeer like this.
  34. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

can anyone shed any light on the Perennial Lockwood location? mainly what i am wondering is: was the location already an existing Olive + Oak location and Perennial moved in or is the whole thing (space & partnership) new?

OakvilleKGB and Affinity like this.
  35. Affinity

Society Trader

Great question. I am also curious if societe members can ever do pickups there...

Luscious_Malfoy likes this.
  36. Ericstl6

Trader

O

Olive + Oak moves down the block into an old Auto Body Repair building. A gut rehab was done. Front of the building is Olive + Oak. In thesthe back is Perennial on Lockwood. They all access each other. There is also an event space and a shared Atrium. The brewpub space is huge and cool as hell as is the atrium and event space. They are starting patio only lunch service tomorrow.

37. Ericstl6

Trader

At this point no.

38. Luscious_Malfoy

Society Trader

thank you as always @Ericstl6 ! originally i got the idea that it was only a taproom with kegs and cans provided by the original Perennial but it looks like not only are they brewing there but releasing new beers. cheers & thanks again.

Affinity, OakvilleKGB and Ericstl6 like this.
  39. unlikelyspiderperson

unlikelyspiderperson Meyvn (1,472) Mar 12, 2013 California
    Society Trader

Just want to say, I had a chance to try the coffee stout and fantastic voyage in the last few weeks and Perennial is doing some absolutely amazing things with stouts. Beautiful work!