Philly BAs, Blue Dust or Pinocchios?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by PittRooney, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PittRooney

PittRooney Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

all the time i've spent in philly, these are two places i've yet to be and feel like i should have visited already. considering selection, pricing, staff, turnover, etc... which do you guys prefer? since they are both outside the city, i'm only going to have time to go to one. i want to go someplace i haven't been before, so please no other suggestions beyond these two. any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. drtth

drtth Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania
    In Memoriam

Well I hear lots of positive stuff about Pinocchios and have enjoyed my visits there to the BierGarden as they have an excellent selection and competitive prices.

However, the only Blue Dust I've ever heard of is in Pittsburgh which is on the other side of the state. Is there another Blue Dust?

3. PittRooney

PittRooney Initiate (0) Jan 30, 2011 Pennsylvania

whoops, totally meant blue dog, my bad. burgh-centric brain. i hate this new forum. can't i edit the headline?

4. drtth

drtth Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania
    In Memoriam

Two Blue Dogs, one in Chalfont and the other in Lansdale. The one in Chalfont has a better rep but I can't add anything more as I've not been there in a few years.

5. Retail1LO

Retail1LO Initiate (0) May 4, 2011 Pennsylvania

I haven't been to Pinocchio's to be able to comment. However, I've been to the Blue Dog in Chalfont plenty, and love that place. I'm sure you can find something to enjoy about either. However, they're nowhere near one another, so that may be something to take into consideration as well.

6. goldenmonkey1

goldenmonkey1 Initiate (0) Mar 9, 2010 Pennsylvania

I'm right in between both, and yet, both are 30+ minute drives for me. Sucks that I don't get to either place very often, since they're both pretty great.

7. FatBoyGotSwagger

FatBoyGotSwagger Grand Pooh-Bah (3,740) Apr 4, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

Pins is my go to spot for bottles and local drafts.

8. jmdrpi

jmdrpi Grand High Pooh-Bah (8,245) Dec 11, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Pooh-Bah Society

You looking for takeout bottles, or draft beer and food? The lansdale location has limited cooler space.

Both Blue Dog locations list their tap list on Facebook so that may help

9. Pnell316

Pnell316 Initiate (0) Aug 16, 2010 Pennsylvania

Last time I was at Blue Dog Chalfont, they still had plenty of eclipse left, if your into that kind of thing. I've even scored 3floyds there before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.