PipeWorks

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by ripps1, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripps1

ripps1 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2012 New Jersey

I was looking to trade for some Pipeworks IPA's. I just wasn't sure if this beer was easy to come by in the Chicago area or not. I guess my question is, would something like Maine Beer Co, Lunch or Mo be enough for some Pipeworks or would I have to look into something finding something bigger to land a bottle or 2.

Any advice anybody has would be appreciated

2. Stevedore

Stevedore Poo-Bah (6,522) Nov 16, 2012 Oregon
    Society Trader

Most Pipeworks should be easy to get. It's the highly sought-after stuff like the Ninjas and Raspberry Truffle Abductions that will be hard- at that point its just luck or being a FwB.. they fly off the shelves pretty quickly.

I'm fairly sure stuff like Lunch would work $4$ but that's just me. Only way to find out is to post a ISO:FT.

3. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

You can also order Pipeworks online from Binny's (or perhaps West Lakeview if they ever get out of beta mode again). It looks like Binny's will actually ship to NJ too :grimacing: ::gasp::

4. ripps1

ripps1 Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2012 New Jersey

Thanks for the responses. I'll throw out an ISO and see if anyone is interested.

5. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

Binny's doesn't ship beer.

6. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

problem with pipeworks is that availability is highly irregular. you might have 7 different IPAs fresh on the shelf one week and then the next you might get one. not that this changes that they're almost all (minus maybe citra/marilime/simcoe ninja and abduction variants) $4$ shelf beers.

i think the latest ipa to hit is 'something hoppy this way comes' which is sorachi ace heavy. quite good.

ripps1 likes this.
  7. tinypyramids

tinypyramids Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2012 Illinois

actually, it's not "something hoppy". centennial ninja is the absolute newest ipa to drop. given that it's a ____ ninja variant, it might go quicker than the others, though certainly not as fast as citra, simcoe, or marilime would be my guess.

something hoppy, if found, should still be pretty damn fresh though.

8. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

9. crossovert

There is nothing there that says they ship beer. Just go on the site, it will not let you add beer to your cart. They do not ship beer.

10. crossovert

Centennial seems like the dryest and most bitter of the ninjas, its awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.