Pittsburgh - New Beers & Local Breweries

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by brewgentlemen, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

Just got here. Looks like they started letting people in early. Glasses, shirts, and Black Magick are gone.

2. barflybastard

barflybastard Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Pennsylvania

Pittsburgh's still dark. Been sleeping under the red sliding board in the park across the street all night. I'm shirtless and have a crude simulacrum of MBP on my chest--crude as it was drawn with a fading pen and only by the glow of my cell phone, which is now nearly dead. At some point, with my tossing and turning, a discarded hypodermic needle has found its way through the sole of my right shoe and into my foot--do you pull these out the same way you remove a bandage?

robgage, Dogleg, tommyguz and 2 others like this.
  3. wyckyd_sceptre

I thought you said you weren't a drifter

tommyguz and zhoss24 like this.
  4. tommyguz

tommyguz Meyvn (1,032) May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Sounds pretty drifter to me

5. barflybastard

barflybastard Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Pennsylvania

6. JArt

JArt Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Pennsylvania

Commence the line cutting...

7. oldmetalguy

oldmetalguy Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2015 Pennsylvania

Probably 40ish in line at Meadville

8. Brewski

Brewski Devotee (436) Jul 22, 2012 Pennsylvania

Don't be such a........
    [​IMG] :stuck_out_tongue:

JArt likes this.
  9. JArt

JArt Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Pennsylvania

Yep, that's me. It's cool, I got pictures so later I will commence the public shaming.

Brewski likes this.
  10. bren4220

bren4220 Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2016 Pennsylvania

BM kicked at homestead feelsbadman

JArt likes this.
  11. wyckyd_sceptre

Black Magick kicked in 19 minutes at Meadville

JArt likes this.
  12. Brewski

Please post'em!

13. oldmetalguy

What a shit show. Bar tenders standing around staring at the ceiling or looking like deer in headlights while other ones are double fisting delivering pours. Already out of sizes of shirts because I literally didn't reach over and grab someone.. No maple syrup.

The chocolate covered cherry is basically bourbon

I won't even bother if there is a next time... I'll never attend a voodoo release again.

mgr78704 and David_Menendez like this.
  14. Dogleg

Dogleg Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Pennsylvania

No offense, but you're pretty new to craft beer (if I remember correctly) and you were well warned that it was going to be a shit show at opening. You could have waited until this afternoon or next week to pick up your allotment (that you didn't have to wait all night in line to get) and missed the crowds. You should be blaming yourself not Voodoo.

15. wyckyd_sceptre

A little disorganized but not nearly as bad as you're making it out. And I also thought the CCCBBVD is the smoothest and least harsh of all of them. /wahmbulance

16. oldmetalguy

Go to a nut smasher release..

17. Rodosman

Rodosman Aspirant (215) Mar 16, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

No complaints here! Enjoying myself, my beers and my company. Great day!!!

Dogleg and kbuzz like this.
  18. wyckyd_sceptre

Not to mention the fact that these guys didn't get open a brewery to be event organizers.

OneDropSoup and Matthouse3 like this.
  19. chefduff2

chefduff2 Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2008 New York

That's like comparing apples to oranges. No one had any complaints about the GNVP release which was a one beer release as well. I would say if they ever have black Magick on tap again you can believe that size crowd will be there again.

STG228, Dogleg and kbuzz like this.
  20. oldmetalguy

Down at this end of the bar, there was a very nice woman selling merch, next to her was a little blond, next to her was a kid who looks like he is 18, next to him was a taller weight lifter type.

The little blond stood around and handed a shirt or 2 out. The young kid would take an order for 6 pours. He would go get 1 glass and come back.. Slowly. The weight lifter and most of the other ones down the bar were carrying 4+ pours at a time.

After like 10 minutes, the little blond started to actually wait on people.

That's what I'm complaining about. If you are behind the bar for this type of thing, you need to have your shit together

21. tommyguz

tommyguz Meyvn (1,032) May 14, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Still xl l m s shirts at voodoo

22. wyckyd_sceptre

Just so you know, most of those people you mentioned aren't bartenders. Friends of the brewery that lend a helping hand for these things. The lovely blonde woman that was working was just selling merch until there was no one else that wanted it, and started serving beers. It's beer bro. Chill.

23. kbuzz

kbuzz Champion (894) Jan 22, 2011 North Carolina

Curmudgeons should be at home waiting for everyone to leave...like me :grinning:

Voodoo releasing a buncha new beers, one of which being legendary as fuck should have been enough to deter you if those sorts of things bother you. Nutsmasher release isn't comparable.

24. Aiden9

Aiden9 Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2015 Pennsylvania

Dude there is tons of people here, they are doing the best they can. Voodoo does one of the better jobs at handling their releases. I think it went pretty smooth plus cccbbvd was very smooth. But hey one less person taking up allotments.

25. bren4220

I love reactions like this. The type of person that thinks they'll show up at opening and be first in line, get a pour of everything they want and full attention of the staff. Let's completely forget the hundreds of other people that want the same exact thing that you do, with a finite number of people available to deliver. You're a clown.

26. Aiden9

Aiden9 Initiate (0) Nov 20, 2015 Pennsylvania

This is what I really meant to say. But after a glass of each my brain doesn't work as well

Matthouse3 and psbhockey12 like this.
  27. sposter4

sposter4 Zealot (541) Mar 26, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Like the chocolate cherry voodoo daddy i didn't get any BM but ID rather have 4 bottles than 3 bottles and a draft pour. A line inside would have been nice instead if a bar free for all but altogether I Enjoyed myself

28. oldmetalguy

So sure of that are you? Jump to conclusions as well I see?

I didn't go to drink anything, nor did I EXPECT to be able to try any of it. I'll leave that for people like you and the camper outers

I will drink my allotment when it suits me, and I care exactly ZERO that I didn't get to try the almighty awesome holy shit rare beer.

The one I did try didn't impress me.

I went to try and get a shirt, and a glass, since I am a huge South Park fan, and have been from the beginning. Secondarily, the goal was to meet the couple from here that might have been there, and to bribe Tommy for a cupcake. That didn't happen either, but with that kind of crowd, I'm not sweating it.

See, when you grow up a little, you might realize that the things that matter are people, acquaintances and experiences.

29. KJ2013

KJ2013 Initiate (0) Apr 14, 2013 Pennsylvania

you heading over later as well? I'll probably be there a little after 3

30. bren4220

Yeah talk about jumping to conclusions, such as determining my age based off of nothing.

Edit: sorry I shouldn't have said based off of NOTHING, as my username isn't oldbren4220. My apologies.

Matthouse3 likes this.
  31. Dogleg

Dogleg Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Pennsylvania

Then quit bitching about this minute experience in your life. For Southpark stuff, I've found this helpful: http://shop.southparkstudios.com/

32. sposter4

sposter4 Zealot (541) Mar 26, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Just saying i do love my ManBearPig shirt and will prob wear it to every beer event i go to... love south park and putting a voodoo logo on it only makes it better!

That being said, loved this release and will be at the next one even if there are no stout whalez.

kbuzz and Rodosman like this.
  33. wyckyd_sceptre

Dude you're obviously making stuff up. I just walked out and got a large and an extra large shirt, 3 glasses, and tried each beer on draft. Maybe don't be such a fucking diva. I bet you love Judas Priest.

If arriving arriving 45 minutes before an event is camping out than sure.

/panteraplayingwhenileft

34. kbuzz

kbuzz Champion (894) Jan 22, 2011 North Carolina

Was gonna, but sounds like everything is kicked. Prolly gonna just go grab my bottle this week some time when I'm already in the city...

35. Brewski

Anybody crack ManBearPig yet? Drinking one now....this shit is crazy good!

STG228, Matthouse3, Brown120 and 5 others like this.
  36. london1o1

london1o1 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2003 Pennsylvania

Ooh ooh, which one of these people was I?

Edit: saw the bit about Tommy's cupcakes - guess you were at meadville. Oh well, got excited when I thought I was getting a shout out.

#12596 london1o1, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  37. london1o1

Thanks for coming by to everyone who's already stopped by! For anyone how who hasn't made it yet, we still have a few manbearpig glasses at homestead, and @Stigs was nice enough to leave some AB Gran Met on draft.

38. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Champion (865) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

Heard the same thing. Can't confirm unfortunately.

39. london1o1

What took you guys so long?

barflybastard likes this.
  40. sbb32

sbb32 Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2015 Florida

fuck the beer...the real question begs...how were the cupcakes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.