Pittsburgh - New Beers & Local Breweries

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by brewgentlemen, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. london1o1

london1o1 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2003 Pennsylvania

Me too. As long as it's on a Mon or Wed. Or a Sun night.

2. barflybastard

barflybastard Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Pennsylvania

Can do Monday or Tuesday night, or Saturday/Sunday late morning/early afternoon.

3. brother_rebus

brother_rebus Meyvn (1,034) Jul 28, 2014 Maine
    Trader

not many ppl seemed to give a shit.
    That being said, I'm down still.

4. Brown120

Brown120 Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2011 Pennsylvania

Do you have to buy tickets in advance? How will this work? Thanks in advance.

5. sbb32

sbb32 Initiate (0) Jan 5, 2015 Florida

6. nhindian

nhindian Initiate (0) Feb 26, 2010 Pennsylvania

Utopias is worth a try if it's not exorbitantly priced. Don't even have to worry about dirty tap lines.

tommyguz likes this.
  7. sposter4

sposter4 Zealot (541) Mar 26, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I believe it will be over $20 for an ounce or 2 if I heard right at their bourbon county pouring.

8. randylangford

randylangford Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2008 Pennsylvania

It will be first come first serve. Everyone will get a flight to start out with. After you've finished your flight there will be 10oz pours available to you. The brewery whose barrel kicks first wins and gets a prize from me. Simple

Brown120 and tommyguz like this.
  9. McMatt7

McMatt7 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Pennsylvania

Is the prize two minutes of uninterrupted eye contact from you? If so, how quickly can i submit a beer into this contest? I could whip up a batch of Root Beer Barrel Aged McMatt7's No Doubt Trusted Route Stout in a heartbeat.

Tmwright7 likes this.
  10. Matthouse3

Matthouse3 Initiate (131) Jun 29, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I'd like to congratulate @voodoobrewery on the victory then...

11. wyckyd_sceptre

wyckyd_sceptre Initiate (0) Oct 26, 2013 Pennsylvania

You're going to make the nice old ladies that work there have a heart attack.

12. chefduff2

chefduff2 Initiate (0) Feb 17, 2008 New York

There was a nice old lady who did a great job on a growler pour and I was happy, but I'm pretty sure the line that was reaching to target did not feel the same way.

13. randylangford

Entertainment!!! Maybe I'll get someone who has never poured a draft before. Trial by fire.

ChurchBrewCrew and robgage like this.
  14. voodoobrewery

voodoobrewery Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

anyone know this fine upstanding citizen? asking for a friend

[​IMG]

AnotherPint4Ole, PSU_Mike and robgage like this.
  15. brother_rebus

Trader

wow. I'm sure that beer is incredible. but not $500 incredible. no offense. that's just so desperate and sad.

16. Dogleg

Dogleg Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2014 Pennsylvania

At least he hasn't gotten any bids yet.

brother_rebus likes this.
  17. Grodd87

Grodd87 Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2014 Pennsylvania

500 for beer there is so many things I would do before I spent that on one beer

18. brother_rebus

Trader

so many hookers. so much blow.

19. sposter4

sposter4 Zealot (541) Mar 26, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Funny how quick ppl take things down when they get called out.

eppie82 and UcDru like this.
  20. Preluderl

Preluderl Zealot (508) Sep 27, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Too late for him, I'm afraid.

AnotherPint4Ole likes this.
  21. wyckyd_sceptre

I'm so glad @voodoobrewery is doing this. Call these assholes out. It won't stop it completely, but it'll be a deterrent. How would people like it if instead of a proper release, breweries just sold their sets online for secondary value? So insane how much Voodoo could ACTUALLY make off these releases.

22. voodoobrewery

voodoobrewery Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2011 Pennsylvania

based on recent market trends, brc v will be sold at $42/oz

23. Preluderl

Trader

Yep, I think it's awesome.

24. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Champion (865) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

I would be nice to see someone actually fess up and say "Yeah, it was me. Yeah, I fucked up."

Dogleg and barflybastard like this.
  25. Preluderl

Trader

Thing is they don't see anything wrong with it. They don't take them down because they suddenly realized it's wrong, they take it down because they don't want to deal with the backlash.

barflybastard likes this.
  26. PMike

PMike Initiate (81) Jul 14, 2011 Pennsylvania

Change of topic...does anyone know where and when there will be KBS around over the next few days? Tomorrow is the official release day. If I went to a Giant Eagle or Market District tomorrow morning, can I pick up some bottles? Thanks in advance.

27. Preluderl

Trader

Best thing you can probably do is follow the Twitter below and see when they get KBS in. To answer your question... No.

https://twitter.com/Shadyside_Beer

PMike likes this.
  28. Preluderl

Trader

Paging @HoppyBastard2

29. PSU_Mike

PSU_Mike Champion (865) Sep 6, 2013 Pennsylvania

In my experience, it takes 2-3 weeks for it to get on the shelves here.

30. dannyfayy

dannyfayy Disciple (362) Feb 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Oh man. Good Luck is all I can say. KBS is usually a weekday release. But the wholesaler usually likes to hold on to the cases for an extra week or 2.

31. greg4579

greg4579 Initiate (0) Jan 9, 2010 Pennsylvania

I am not chasing that beer down anymore. The sad reality is that it is very easy to trade for reasonably, so if you do get shut out it should not be too hard to get some. Also, a decent amount of it makes the rounds on draft, so there should be lots of opportunities to try it that way.

32. Hoprider

Hoprider Initiate (109) Feb 1, 2009 Pennsylvania

KBS and CBS are already listed for Pittsburgh Beer Week.

33. RandyRanderson

RandyRanderson Initiate (0) Jun 24, 2014 Pennsylvania

Is there a good way to look up events? When I go on the Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week site, I have to sort through 20+ recurring tastings and Guinness cupcake events before getting to that days events.

34. barflybastard

barflybastard Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2012 Pennsylvania

If it's anything like year's previous, the website it clunky to navigate and dominated with minute-by-minute Caliente updates.

Edit: the calendar function seems slightly upgraded in functionality this year--switch to it under event and filter by "week" to get a easier view.

brother_rebus and chekyo4 like this.
  35. dannyfayy

Trader

Sunday April 24th at Calientes. Lost Abbey/Port takeover. Cuvee De Tomme, Agave Maria, Deliverance, Track 8, Track 10, Older Viscocity, BB Santas Helper, Angels share bourbon barrel, angels share brandy barrel, 2013 Red Poppy, 2016 Red Poppy.

#12715 dannyfayy, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  36. london1o1

london1o1 Initiate (0) Feb 14, 2003 Pennsylvania

I wonder how many of those are bottles... (and like $2/oz)

37. dannyfayy

Trader

I know they poured Madagascar and 4 hands Vol whatever from bottles. But have they poured Lost Abbey from bottles before? I'm pretty sure when Hampton Calientes had Cuvee de Tomme and Framboise de amorosa they were on tap..

38. wyckyd_sceptre

Sorry dan bro, but this is definitely false. They get the shit out as soon as it hits their floor. Waaaaaayyyyy more of a headache for them to hold on to it especially when they have pallets of Miller to move. But yes it is a weekday thing, since the wholesalers are closed on weekends. It's up to individual accounts when they decide to release the beers though.

CPV and dannyfayy like this.
  39. randylangford

KBS will be hitting market next week. I got my allotment details yesterday. It will hit Shadyside on Tuesday at about noon barring any unforeseen delivery issues. Unforeseen delivery issue are not an uncommon occurrence unfortunately. Bottle limits will be posted at the store. I'll decide limits on Tuesday when it comes in.

40. HoppyBastard1

HoppyBastard1 Initiate (0) Apr 29, 2009 Pennsylvania

My sincere apologies to the awesome folks at Voodoo for my recent auction I posted on MBC. I will message you directly @voodoobrewery to discuss this.
    For the rest of everyone that I upset by my post, again I apologize. My intent was not to piss anyone off. I do not even have a MBP glass to be able to sell. Nor have I even made it to Voodoo to pick up my allotment. I was merely trying to prove a point on price value of Voodoo stouts in comparison to TG stouts. I do have an MBC account and buy beer regularly from people on that site and have on occasion post up a few beers for sale. I believe my feedback shows that I have purchased 20+ items that were auctioned off and sold 3 or 4. Not that any of that matters. I was unaware how frowned upon selling beer is both with this group and the brewery. So again for this I apologize.
    Proceed with the torches and pitch forks! I deserve it.
    To my friends that were sucked into this, again I am truly sorry. I will make it up to you at the next bottle share.
    Cheers,
    Kevin

Beerman6686 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.