Place to buy 12 bottle wine shippers in Boston (South)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by ClippersSD, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClippersSD

ClippersSD Initiate (154) Jul 17, 2013 California
    Trader

Hello everyone,

I have some family that will be in the Boston area and have agreed to pick up some local beer for me. They are flying out from the West Coast and to agreed mail them back to me (in their suitcase in not an option). Other than Uhaul (which I called and they weren't in stock) and an online order which they can't receive since they are staying at a rented apartment, does anyone have a place near public transit in south Boston area that sells 12 bottle wine shippers. Open to any other ideas or strategies as well. Thanks in advance!

2. EA728

EA728 Initiate (0) Jul 17, 2010 Texas

Did you ever figure out what to do? I'm going to be spending a couple nights up there and would love to find some shippers to send myself back some beer.

3. DPRickli

DPRickli Initiate (0) Jan 11, 2014 Massachusetts

Just order them online, have them shipped, and then held at the local FedEx branch for your family to pick up. Not ideal, but it works

Good luck!

4. islandboi8204

islandboi8204 Initiate (0) Jul 28, 2011 New York

Bumping this, does anyone know where to get shippers in the Boston/Worcester area?

5. sts9fan

sts9fan Initiate (0) Mar 7, 2015 Massachusetts

If you find a place let me know.

6. Hiwattowner

Hiwattowner Savant (969) Feb 23, 2008 Massachusetts

Next to impossible to find in Boston area. I think mostly due to, until recently, lack of ship-to-consumer wine allowances in MA. I've never seen them around. Plan B may be Staples or Office Depot and get boxes and shipping supplies.

7. MarkF150

MarkF150 Initiate (0) Feb 9, 2009 Massachusetts

I tried looking for them everywhere. I couldn't find any. Finally gave in and ordered them from UHaul.

8. SveNss0N

SveNss0N Disciple (347) Feb 16, 2014 Massachusetts

Getting them at UHaul is your best bet. You can also buy them online

bruindre likes this.
  9. GoOSU

GoOSU Initiate (150) Oct 6, 2006 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm in Boston and have a 15 wine bottle shipper if anyone wants it.

10. parris

parris Zealot (545) Jan 18, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

Marty's in Newton sells shippers if you can't wait for an online vendor to ship them to you.

11. Woody1180

Woody1180 Initiate (171) Sep 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Any idea how much at Martys?

12. ricknelson

ricknelson Devotee (446) Feb 20, 2010 Vermont

Try U-Haul. Seriously, I bought some at a Chicago U-Haul; great deal. Check U-Haul site under wine bottle shippers.

#12 ricknelson, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  13. ricknelson

ricknelson Devotee (446) Feb 20, 2010 Vermont

Buy a cheap suitcase $5 in a thrift store, wrap bottles in bubble wrap. Pack them in the suitcase and check it for $25.
    I do this all the time it works fine. Can even use a box and mark Fragile on it.

14. parris

parris Zealot (545) Jan 18, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think a six-shipper was in the $12 area, it felt kind of expensive but I was in need of a shipper that day. They have the cardboard ones where you lay the bottles, not the styro-shippers where the bottles sit upright.

Woody1180 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.